Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday *****5/16/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is already 64* at 8 am....I am sure it is going to be a hot day....supposed to be 87* before it ends...this is actually summerlike day. There is going to be clouds appearing though. Tomorrow will bring chances of some showers. Showers have a 60% chance on Saturday, so here might not be a ballgame for my GD. I am sure they will find something to do though.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all. I rested a lot yesterday since I was not feeling really up to par. I hope I can move more today since I know that it is really important for us FMers to keep moving.

Welcome to the new member who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.
It does take a trial and error process to find what works best for each of us so hang in there and learn all you can about what helps others cope better. My *tools* are vitamins and supplements, plus other things. Heating pad is my best friend and Stopain Spray is also another good *tool*. A hot shower at night using lavender bath salts right before bedtime helps the body to relax so that I can sleep better. Getting enough sleep is so very important and the right kind of sleep, although we really have no choice in the kinds of sleep that we get unless we take some sort of sleep aid.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Morning! Was happy to read your DD has made some headway in court. Keep truckin'.

Rain forcasted for Friday thru Wednesday here. Haven't slept much lately, been dragging in pain. Just another day in paradise!!
Julie

debrabrooks1960 replied to CORYSGIRL30's response:
Happy Thursday to all! Going to be around 90 degrees here in north Florida. It is starting to feel like summer already. I dread the summer. The humidity gets so bad it is hard to breath. Plus the electric bill doubles from the winter time. My great niece that is 5 years old is having a dance program this Saturday. She is taking ballet and this is the first program she has allowed the family to come to. I think it is because we are all suppose to bring a gift and flowers. I did get to see a picture on her in her ballet dress. She looks so cute! She has copper red hair that almost touches her bottom. She is already a diva!
Cory - I am glad things are not as bad at work as I pictured.
I will still keep you in my prayers. I do like you do, I work slow but steady. I can usually get as much or more work done than my co-workers because they take a lot of breaks and talk a lot to each other.
Mimi - I really hope that it does not rain out your GD game. I know she will be disappointed if it does. I use to go watch my great nephews when they were 5 and 6 years old play T-ball. I think they watched the clouds go by more than they played! The coach was always telling them to watch the game. It was so much fun seeing them play. All the players were so small!
Mary - you sound like a talented lady. I wish I could paint. I can if it is paint by number! I do cross stitch. I hope your nap was peaceful.
Julie - where is paradise for you? I am from north Florida, a little above Panama City. I love the winters here, just not too crazy about the hot summers.
I hope everyone has a great day. Tomorrow is Friday! I can wait to have a couple of days off!

Soft hugs,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday everyone. I do hope that everyone's day is going well and that none of you will not have to deal with any fibro issues or pain today.

It's going to be near 87 here with rain popping up here and there as the day goes on. I just hope that those pop up showers will miss my area.

MiMI, am glad that your DD has made some headway with her court ordeal. Just so wrong what's happened to her.

Will make this post a short one as I have my yearly skin exam in an hour. Being from California I always have my skin checked each year just in case I have something 'it' can be caught early and taken care of quickly. Sun damage skin is not a problem for me and I hope that is the case from here on in. I try to take care of my skin so I don't have ' issues ' to deal with later on.

At some point today I have to call and make my bi yearly doctor appointments for June. I only have a few doctors to see but I really hate to go in every six months regardless.

Went with DH, DD and GD last night to see the mucical The Lion King. Had 2ND row seating, down front, center and got to see the ' animals ' as they went up to the stage from the isles. Just a great musical through out.

Will close this here. Have a great day everyone.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hi all! happy thursday.
Saw dr this morning, they are referring me to a neurologist to get to the bottom of things.

I'm a little overwhelmed actually--I should not be--but going to drs always has an effect on me-- just cuz I always think they won't find anything wrong and will just think I'm nuts.

So I start thinking.. maybe I am nuts.

Anyhow though it will be good to find out what's wrong with my head--one way or another. LOL

so gonna do my fav thing when overwhelmed, turn on the tv, ignore and it nap in my recliner.

Afterward I will deal with life again.

Best to all!
Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was a decent day here. It was in the low 60's and sunny. I couldn't leave the windows open like yesterday but it was still pleasant.

Work was good. My boss took a few days off. It's funny how nobody misses his presence when he is absent. I worked most of the day helping a very good operator get his machine working properly with nobody else to deal with. It made the day go quickly. I also spoke with one of the management and I may be off the hook for those 4am starts on Wednesday. That would be very welcome. I have had a lot of not so good days, lately. Things are looking better today.

I get to hit the trails again Saturday. There are 23 rigs expected and over 40 people. Plenty for our little club to handle. It should be a lot of fun if the weather isn't too bad. We have rain in the forecast for the next 5 days. Rain or shine we will be there.

My in-laws are coming up from Jasper Texas the first two weeks in July. I was able to take time off as they will be staying at our little house. We love having them, as we all have a good time together.

I hope you all have a good evening, take care everyone.

Cory

BetteK replied to missist's response:
Mary,

The best doctor I ever went to was a neurologist. He always treated me as if I had a real disease. Once he saw me in a bad flare, he ordered every test known to man. He put me on meds for lupus, for neurological illness, for pain. From that day to this, if I say I am in pain, I have been believed by every doctor I have ever seen.

Of course, the worst doctor I ever saw was also a neurologist, but we won't talk about her!

Keep an open mind. Work with the doctor. Let him/her know how you are feeling at that moment. Don't hide or exaggerate.

Hope this is the beginning of new understanding for you on your discovery of what fibromyalgia means to you--and how you can live fully in spite of it.

BetteK

missist replied to BetteK's response:
BetteK.. thanks.. only know I'm thinking that I have already figured out what is wrong. I think I'm actually getting seizures from gabapentin--which is supposed to be an anti-epileptic. but the thing is they only happen at night when I'm in bed.. not if I take a nap. I recall they began when I started the gaba. and got more intense and more often when it was doubled.

so -- I don't know if I need a neurologist. I'm gonna call my dr tomorrow and ask how to test this theory. If I can just drop it or ?

we shall see.. Me

BetteK replied to missist's response:
Mary, when you started the gabapentin, you did it slowly starting with one pill and working up to as many as 6 (1800 mg) a day. You will have to work backward just as slowly if you and your doctor decide to discontinue it.

These neurological/brain chemistry meds are very potent and can be very dangerous if used incorrectly. Be sure you follow your doctor's orders exactly as you use them.

Whatever, I hope your symptoms subside soon.

BetteK

rudyandirmouse replied to missist's response:
Mary, thought I'd weigh in here on Gabapentin. I'm so sorry to hear you are having medical issues because of, or maybe not, taking Gabapentin. I have been taking it, on and off, for over 3 years, 4 winters now. I don't like it, don't like being on it, but dog gone it, the stuff works well for me by taking away the burning skin pain that fibro causes.

The only side effects I've ever had on Gabapentin are weight gain and feeling fuzzy or sleeping. But I really don't like it. I am one of the lucky ones who only finds a need for it 3 months a year, or there abouts. I have never had to take more than 600 mgs once a day then 300 mgs 12 hours later or just 300 mgs 2 xs a day. I am always glad when I don't have a need for it and when that time comes I let my doctor know that it's my time to stop taking it and with his directions I start to ween myself off of it, which most times takes only a week or two since I take such low doses.

But the key to going off it is that I let my doctor know, follow his lead on how much, how often to take to work down the dose. It's a strong medication and I wouldn't think to stop taking just by doing that one day to the next. I hope you haven't.

I hope by now you have talked to your doctor and have started working down your dose so you can be Gabapentin free sooner than later.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

Anon_2912 replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
I was on Gabapentin among other ones for about 2 yrs, I hated the way it made me feel.

I stopped it one day, however, EVERYONE reacts different to things. I don't have issues stopping medications cold turkey.

To me the most the medications they give for "FIBRO" just arent' worth the side effect.

missist replied to Anon_2912's response:
hi anon/bette/linda-- I was on 600 mg only-- that was after 300.
I didn't take it last night and I did not have any seizure--but had a very tough time sleeping. took a nap today and had a tough time sleeping then too--but I think tonight will be better.
Dr said ok to go off it--but he still wants me to see neurologist so they are setting that up.

Hopefully that will be worth the time and expense--we shall see..

missist replied to missist's response:
my dr says it does not cause seizures.. but I guess, sure seems it did. I guess if they come back after quitting it I'll believe him.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.