Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****ROLL CALL****5/17/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
TGIF****well it is Friday again....and May is moving right along here. It will soon be another month gone for this year. My time does fly by doesn't it? MiMi in NC where rain is expected off and on for the next 5 days....OMG....and I can feel it in my bones....it actually started yesterday in my left wrist. Have not had this feeling in a long time. Not good for the mind or the body. So....I am sure we will get the 2 plus inches that has been predicted.

DH got the yard mowed and trimmed yesterday....which is a good thing....since it will be so damp this week-end.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. So hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has worked for them. It does take time and effort. Actually everything is a process in dealing with the wrath of the dragon. We have to also remember that what works for some may or may not work for you. Only you will know when you have found the right combination of *tools* that has made a difference for you.

Vitamins and supplements, plus other tools work for me. I use my heating pad a lot which sure helps my lower back....actually this is the only thing that eases this pain. Gentle stretches and exercises also is a plus. Movement of the body is also important and drinking plenty of water is also a must for me. Stopain Spray helps when the pain will not ease...at least for a short time anyway.

Vitamin D....again I remind everyone who has NOT done so yet....talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....which is important to a lot of people these days.
Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Here is hoping everyone will have a good....no or low pain weekend. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Friday to all! We finally made it to Friday. I am so ready to have a couple of days off! Gonna be a hot one here, 90 degrees or maybe a little higher. I had to drive to Panama City, Florida yesterday after work (2 hours there and 1 hour to get home) to get samples of Cymbalta. I have been trying since February to get my insurance to pay for Cymbalta. They finally agreed to let me have 1 a day instead of 2 like my doctor ordered, but for some reason they have lost the Rx my doctor faxed over 3 times. The nurse at my doctor's office said she was having trouble with most of the insurance's trying to get Cymbalta covered. She did tell me that the drug rep for Cymbalta said it is going generic Novemeber 2013!
I hope everyone will have a relaxing, wonderful weekend.
Soft hugs to all,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

BetteK responded:
Hi to all,

Our rain and damp won't be here for a few more days. In the meantime, it will be 70's and borderline sticky/humid.

I just made an appointment with the doc who implanted my electronic nerve stimulator. I want the leads moved or the thing removed. Either it works or it's out. Sensitive as we all are, I feel every bit of the thing from the electrodes (on spine level with upper shoulder blades) to the wires (snaking down to the right of the spine) to the power pack (imbedded 2 inches to the right of the spine on top of hip). If it worked the way it should, it would be a godsend blanking out the pain at waist height. Since it stimulates too low on my body, it's just another aggrivation.

Anyway, June 6 will see me shuffling off to Buffalo.

Son's getting a lot of O.T. this week with Alfred State having their graduation on Sunday. The grounds are supposed to be perfect. A difficult job with the dandelions in full bloom and students sunning on the lawns while the crew are trying to mow. Of course, those same students will leave plenty of pop cans, candy wrappers, and even condoms to be removed in a frantic last minute spruce-up Sunday morning--while the extra chairs are being set up for the outdoor ceremony. Would you believe, the guy loves that job? Lucky, lucky, son.

Hubby is plowing his fields in preparation for planting corn. I don't know why he bothers. Last year, the deer got it all. We are in a very beautiful area with the Genesee River, lots of hills, feeder streams, and very small fields. There is no way we can be competitive with the farms on the plains. But, we grow the feed for our 40-50 cattle, fatten them up, and sell the meat to customers we've had since the 70's and their children and grandchildren. It is not as tender as feedlot beef, but the TASTE is clean and good. Our meat is leaner. If you fry a burger, you have to add some oil to the pan. (I brush on some olive oil befor I grill our meat.)

Still no garden. It's been plowed, limed, top-dressed with good manure, but still needs rototilling. We've had tillers I could manage; the current model is not one of them. We're NEVER going to get lettuce for the table. My guess is the garden comes after the corn--even though the onions and lettuce and beets are much more able to withstand spring frosts. Try explaining that to a man who wants to climb up on his great big--man toy--tractor.

Have a great weekend everyone--no matter what Mother Nature brings you.

BetteK

jillylin responded:
Hi Mimi and fibrofamily,
bright and sunny here in the UK today. Looks like Spring might have arrived except for the fact that a few counties had snowfall the day before yesterday. We sure are having some weird weather here.

I had my review at the hospital last week. Seemed to spend the entire time filling in forms and answering questionnaires. Apparently, I will be informed if I need additional medical support. I won't be holding my breath however.

One thing I did learn from my review is that I am a failure at pacing and that I set myself up for failure by having too high an expectation of myself:-( .Maybe one day I will learn.

Hope you all have a restful and hopefully pain free weekend.
Hugs
Jillyxx

maggiethedoglover responded:
Hi All,

It has been a rainy, then cloudy Friday in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This has followed three absolutely gorgeous, warm, sunny days, so we can't complain.

My front yard is awash with over 200 blooms, mostly tulips, but some leftover daffodils, hyacinths and just coming are the lilies of the valley.

My labradoodle, Tyler, is now 5 months old and he has turned into a devil dog! He thinks it's great fun to jump up on me as we're walking, to bite me when I try to untangle his leash from his legs, to pick up every piece of litter he see's (actually that part helps since my dogs and I have been picking up litter in our neighborhood for over 30 years). Today, he was so exasperating that I tried to turn him on his back like Cesar Milan does to show who's boss. Tried is the operative word here. He's just too strong! I love him to death but sometimes I wish I had tranquilizers to give him.

Sunny weather is supposed to come back for the weekend. Sure hope so! Hope it's sunny in your lives, too.

Soft hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

fibroinsd responded:
What a long and emotionally exhausting week...I don't even know where to start...

my sister was here last weekend, and although it was great to see her..it was busy...

Dad had a doctor visit last week, and the doctor was concerned as he was not doing well..and wants him on more meds..and is concerned about him not being in assisted living..and the whole issue of what and when and where to move mom and dad left me with much to deal with..and i have no idea what to do..the whole thing is very stressful...

More things popped up that aren't really worth going into, but added to the stress..oh yes, and we got a notice that our cobra health insurance will be ending..not sure what we will do..

I feel at odds and ends..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece....glad to see your post....but also sad that so much is going on with you.

Please just remember that GOD does not give us any more than we can cope with. I have learned this the hard way. I am still dealing with *LOTS* that I have no answers to. I am sure that there is more to this grand saga than will ever be revealed.

I was speaking to a friend this week and told her that had someone told me that I would be faced with all of the issues that have consumed my life....I would have said....NO WAY, it will never happen. OMG....I would have been so very wrong. I have learned and am still learning so much more than I ever dreamed of knowing....I hope that I will learn the answers one day but I am not sure that will ever be possible. I guess we are just expected to deal with whatever we are faced with in the best way that we know how.

Hang in there and know that sooner or later things will get better.

Remember to take care of yourself, as others depend upon your help.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

foreversore responded:
MiMi, I haven't been on here in a while but I was so thrilled to see a pic of your son and granddaughter together again! I bet you are all so thrilled and congrats on winning the war! I hope you all get to spend lots of time catching up and giving her lots of love.

Wolfsong452 responded:
checking in saying it's Friday, I know, I know, it's actually Sat. but, I locked myself out of my work computer and it's taken me 2 weeks to get back.

well, I only work 4 days a week, and was sick yesterday.

hee hee.

anyway, today when I tried to log on, I was still locked out.

I'd hoped boss man would've fixed it. That's why Iwaited the 2 weeks. hee hee!

Anyway, it took me 8 hours today to figure out how to get to the area where I could get the help desk telephone number.

called them, then it still took me another 20 mins to get logged on.

HURRAY! I'm back,

no longer have internet at home, accessing from my cell phone is a pain.

so, I'm glad I can now access again from work!

sheesh, now I'm all stressed out.

I took yesterday off from work, first time in 2 years.

just wasn't feeling right, more than the normal FM, just kind of slow moving all over my body.

Could have been digestion, sinus, etc. or maybe all of the above. Wasn't a cold etc. had one of those a month or so ago, was able to work at that time.

It took all day yesterday, and half the day today before I started feeling better.

Once it kicked in, it came with a bang!

hee hee. Poor boyfriend tortured him to all day, I spent off and on all afternoon texting him via Facebook,

or sometimes I'd call and leave him a voice message, rarely was I able to speak to him live.

He's a finance manager at a car dealership, and this week is sales week. They have this once a month.

I was being my evil self with him, knowing that he was working and couldn't answer the way he wanted.

My last name is Wolf, so I'd say something like this she-wolf was going to run away to the wild's of Alaska, and never come back. All by myself.

hee hee, to hear him was sooo.. funny! anger-humour-naughty naughty girl from him is hilarious via text messages.

then of course there'd be a silly song on the radio. Anyone remember "If I had a million dollars" I'd buy you a house-fur coat-monkey etc.

it would always end saying something like not a real one as that's just cruel, hee hee.

I'd change the words a bit and send them to BF via FB instant message.

was driving him crazy.

so much fun.

I did all of this between eating lunch, finishing up my laundry I'd been working on all week, along with dishes putting things away etc.

I didn't start feeling better until after 1 pm, so got a lot done even with the texting and taking breaks etc.

Bad part, we had a couple of severe thunder storms, which I don't care for very much, scares me to death. So, I'd stop whatever texting I was doing, or housework, etc. and just take a break and lie down.

Now I"m trying to talk myself into going to the gym after work, at least going for the swimming. Though I'm afraid to go, don't want to stress the body into a relapse.

hmm, is this a excuse?

so happy Friday, or got to be honest, happy Sat.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.