Skip to content
Saturday *****5/18/2013 *****Rain has arrived *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and the rain has arrived....woke up too darn early this am and then it seemed like forever until I was able to go back to sleep....about the time I got to sleep....the furbabies decided it was time for them to get up and go out....so I left them out of their room and tried to let them out the door....they refused....it was raining and raining hard. They hate to get wet to begin with. I knew they needed to go but that was NOT going to happen. So they settled back down and waited until it stopped raining. Finally they were able to get outside and by this time Harley arrived for the week-end. My older son dropped her off as she stays with me when he is here for the week-end. She is a BIG dog and such a sweetheart. I do not like BIG dogs but she is really good. I have kept her off and on since she was a puppy and house trained her. She behaves good for me until her master shows up and then she does not listen. She is indeed a funny dog. It is funny just how they change. I think she gets by with more when she leaves with him.

Anyway....our GD is suppose to have a game and it is also picture day, but I am not sure that the game will be played. The rain has stopped and it does not always rain in surrounding little towns and cities so I guess I will call my son and see if indeed the game is on. It is suppose to shower off and on for several days now. My body *feels* the dampness too, which is not a good thing.

Here is hoping each of you had a good week and rested well. I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find what works for you. It does take time and effort....so hang in here with us and learn what others do that has worked for them. You should remember though that what works for one person may or may not work for you. It normally takes a *combination of Tools* which actually work. You just have to figure out just what the combination is. Everything is a process for us FMers....there are no quick fixes that I am aware of.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor about checking your level...which is important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D does cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. It is important also to make sure that once you get your level back to within the normal range....that you keep it there. For whatever reason I am not sure that this happens for us FMers. Perhaps our bodies can not contain the *normal level* for whatever reason. But I know that I can tell when my level is not quite where it needs to be.

So much going on around the country. It is almost unreal just what takes place any more. And I think I have *issues*. I have to be thankful that mine are not as worse as they could be. I have to remind myself also that no more is given to me than I can handled....I just have to figure out how to cope with what I have. This too is a process.

I hope some of you can and will enjoy the sunshine, if you have it today. I will be waiting for the weather to clear up here.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Saturday.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good morning all... So nice to be typing... this has been a worse then worse month... Still waiting to battle the high enzymes in my liver... No sclerosis... no fatty liver... but they did find a stone like from my kidney in it... and it twisted my liver... So that might be the cause... Don't know if it is or what happens from here until Tuesday when I go see my favorite dr...

My diabetes isn't doing a lot better but is crashing more then having highs so my hopes are up... the Dr I see on the 6th of June will be working with it and hopefully taking care of my cyst on my thyroid... I am anticipating that worrisome... for I have had cancer 7 times but I also have been free for almost 12 years... Don't need any more...

When I got home from the hospital after a week in it the first thing I did was fall and destroy my right leg... It swelled from the knee down... Dr said I sprained my knee and ankle... I know I went down hard... Couldn't put pressure on it for days... Then I was better and the swelling was going down and I could walk on it again and I fell getting into the shower on the holder for the shower door... I sliced my left leg up badly... But I don't have enough feelings in my leg to feel the 2 inch and 3 inch gashes I put in my leg... I think sometimes these illnesses are for my own good lol.. anyone else would have been screaming for a week in pain... The only time I feel it is if you push hard on it...

So today I am having my first day without all the fatigue... and without all the FM and sciatica pain... I don't know how long it will last but I am trying to make it last lol... I won't be up much longer... Just long enough to say thanks on facebook for filling up my phone with birthday wishes lol... get caught up here... and do a couple of things on some sites so I don't go broke on the first lol... May be too late now but maybe I can still stop my orders if I call them... That's what I get for joining book and movie clubs... lol...

My computer died when I got home from the hospital... I am hoping it just needs a new battery... I am hoping on ordering one soon... I have to borrow my son's computer and it is a busy computer lol... Plus I hate using someone elses computer...
so I hope you are all doing well... Miss being here every day... I will try to log in and tell you how my dr goes on Tuesday...

take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday MiMi, Jan and all those who willl follow.
I hope your day is going well, better than yesterday and I hope the weather is nice where you are.

We are dealing with the last of the clouds that brough rain here the past day and half. We are having a mix of sun and then clouds. But no rain as the storm that brought the rain has moved east, sorry MiMi. It's warm here and will stay that way I am sure for the next 4 months. YEA THAT!!!

DH and I are hoping that with the return of the warm weather, " Our " humming birds be back any day. They have not arrived here yet. We get strays that are heading north. " OURS" should have been here last weekend but NOT. I hope they come before we head south.. but just in case they haven't arrived DH and I plan to reload the feeders and bird bath for them. It will be nice to come back and find them here, but nicer still to have them ' home' before we leave.

DH and I took in the new Star Trek movie Into Darkness in 3D yesterday afternoon. DH also paid more for the larger theater, larger, reclying, seats and of course the bigger screen. Floor to ceilling and the surround sound was amazing. Good movie, not so much a girl's one tho. DH liked it and the actors who play Kirk and Spock are dead on to the orginals. It's more than worth the price of addmission. Of course the first Spock made a camio and that was a nice touch.

Not a lot of plans for my day. Gonna stay here pretty much. No errands to do. No appointments. That really says my next week as well. But I like it when all I have to do is small things. With fibro small things are what I do best. I do have to finish getting the suitcases packed and line up the foods we will take. My DD who lives in NC texted me that my DG , 7, is packed and ready to leave today. So cute. Most of her bad is empty tho.She says she wants room to bring home things Nana and Poppie are getting her. OUCH, I hear my bank account breaking about now. : )

MiMI, sorry about the rain, I hope it is just hit and miss, was here, and that your weekend is one filled with blue skies and warmth.

Jan, oh Jan, sorry to hear of your terrible accidents. I am so glad you' re home, but really wish you had not had so much to deal with. Gosh I hope you get to feeling better soon. Sending <<<< HUGS >>>> your way.

I guess since I have so little to post about I should let all of you move onto the next post. Sending gentle hugs and well wishes to all. Have a great weekend everybody. LindaR.

fibroinsd responded:
Back from mom and dad's ...Went over earlier today..and dad had messed up his pills..was doing ok...got the pills sorted out (hopefully correctly)..and then had a talk about the need to look into assisted living..or what our options are..I do think they would do better with more people around..I think they get so bored there...just nobody around most of the time..but the cost is so outrageous..So back to figuring out who will take them..

After the pills got a chance to work..dad didn't seem to be to bad..so I took mom and we walked around Costco..She wanted to buy something..but really wasn't much for her to buy...I got the eggs I wanted and I took her home...She doesn't last all that long either..

Nice weather here...hope you all are doing ok.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.