Skip to content
Tuesday ****5/21/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where more rain showers and thunder storms are expected today....so much going on around the country. Thoughts and prayers with those who have lost loved ones and everything else in the path of the tornadoes. So sad knowing that people were in the way when it touched down and could not do anything about it.

DH found a tick on him and several bites so he will be going to the doctor today. One bite is really red and swollen and about the size of a quarter now. I think he must have gotten it on Friday.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us as well. I am waiting for some sunshine again. The damp weather does not help anything for me. It is so messy to deal with.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort as there are no quick fixes that I am aware of. I think that the P5P is kicking in and helping my back pain since I can feel a difference now. I hope this is what it is.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask the doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. I continue to include this in most of my posts as I think it is really important for others to at least know that it might make a difference in the pain level that one can have. It might not be that important in the sunny weather when we are out and about and can soak up the sunshine....which is the natural source of Vitamin D. I am still not sure though that we, FMers, get enough of it even in the sun.

Here is hoping new members will check out the info here on this site as there are lots of interesting subjects here.....about any kind of *medical issue* that you can think of. (check on any subjects under the *health a-z*).

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. It does the body good.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Tuesday Morning Mimi & All to come!

I'm sipping my coffee looking out at fog that is nearly totally hiding my little lake. Hubby is here, leaving for NC later today to go back to work. My #2 Son & his Gal are sleeping, they leave in a few hours to spend the rest of their vacation down in Florida with more family. Had a nice nature walk yesterday with my son's girlfriend, we went to the trails at the state park near us here. We got to see an unusual plant and it took the two of us an hour or so to figure out what it was using lots of pc searches. Squaw Root. Anyhow that was fun.

Weather here has been insanely wet this spring, as it has been up by Mimi too.

Out my window at the moment the 3 Geese families are going by with their babies. My dogs are outside so they all appeared out of the fog and are headed back into it with their 14 babies.
Hubby doesn't want them on our shore anymore as they leave quite a lot of Goose poop.

So I have had a time of it lately. I guess I didn't realize this--I've chased for help for the past year on some specific problems and got 'zero' help really. I mean I've had RXs and tests yet nobody has figured out why things are what they are. I told Hubby its like that old poem about the elephant & the 6 blind men. Depending on where the blind guy feels the elephant he thinks it is something else. So that's about what fibro is--if it is is indeed fibro--which I know all of us have likely at many points thought--'this can't be fibro..' about some issue or other. I mean how many problems can one disorder have?

So anyhow I don't feel optimistic about seeing another dr and having more tests. I know I should try to--maybe after a couple days rest I'll rally. ? We shall see.

I hate to be so skeptical. Anyhow I hope y'all have a good day, and that where you are it dries up a bit. Also sad & whispering my prayers for OK, we lived there when we were newly married and our oldest child was born there, baby #1 is 30! I know the people there are good salt of the earth folks, very sad for their huge loss.

All my best! Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday Fibro FMily, I do hope your day is going well and that today you will be fibro pain and issue free.

My thoughts and prayers are going out to all those who have lost so much in Sunday's and yesterday's tornados. I hope that the loss of life is much less than predictioned and that those who have been hurt will be able to recover quickly.

MiMi, sorry about the weather there. Sadly for us, today will be the last day where we have sunshine. for a day or so. Rain due in here later tonight from the bad storms that have, sadly, ravaged the states west of here. We are being told that the storm(s) may weaken and not be any where near as strong as yesterday's but have made sure the storm shelter in the basement is ready for us if DH and I have to head in there tonight at some point.

I went over to my PCP's office yesterday to get tested for UTI. No infection but they sent out a sample to make a culture to see what I need to get back to feeling 100%. While there I got my ears checked and dog gone it they found that I have a start up ear infection! Now I'm back on anti biotics and Prednisone, ear drops and nasial spray. UGH. does it ever stop?? Well on the high side of it I guess it's better to get on stuff now than to start feeling bad down in Orlando over the weekend.

While there I asked my PCP about Gabapentin and if it were possible for it to cause seizures. I was told it has just the opposit effect. I keeps one from getting them. I know it's used to help take away, ease, the burning feeling from skin. That's why I've used it. Just thought I'd mention that. And I am off it, again, for good I am sure until October or November. Yea that!

DH and I spent time out of doors yesterday afternoon. So nice to be able to do that. Me tending the plants and he finishing his drive way for the barn. DH had the barn built for his 1929 Model A. He doesn't get out there to work on it much as he needed a pathway out of the barn for it. We had just lawn there. Now he has the drive way for it and I hope it will be out of the barn now more times a year than it has been.

The Model A belonged to my father and it was passed onto my DH and we think it will be handed down to our GS's at some point. It's been in the family since 1952. It's been restored and has been used in movies. If any of you have seen the film The Green Mile, then you've seen our car in a few scenes. One where it's clearly seen is at the begining where the car is parked near a filed of convicts. Black and has yellow tires.

I guess I should get up from here as I have to get ready to head over to the chruch for senior's luncheon. This, I am sure, will be our last day doing it as BFF is closing the business. I may miss it down the road, but right now, Oh Heck NO.

Will close this here, sending my best to all. Have a great day.
Gentle Hugs, Linda R

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hi Linda.. my doc also told me it does the opposite--gabapentin. I'm confused though because I had these seizure things and then they stopped when I didn't take it. But-- last night seemed like something was beginning and stopped before it got furhter--so maybe it is something else. I have no idea, but will let neurologist figure it out or not. I'm so tired and not resting well when I try to..

mary

angelswife responded:
Good Morning Mimi and Everyone!
I've been pretty busy...Between working and doing all the household stuff (laundry, shopping, cooking, cleaning) I don't have a lot of time. I am only working two hours in the mornings; but sometimes I spend the rest of the day trying to catch up. Not sure how that happens, lol.

This morning I'm feeling atrociously tired...Yesterday was much busier than I'd planned and I didn't get to sit down and rest until after dinner. I worked 2 1/2 hours in the morning, went home for lunch, and planned on an easy afternoon; but it didn't work out that way. The rest of the day made my morning seem like a cakewalk.

I had to take my van for an emissions test...Then I stopped at the medical place and made a Dr. appointment for Husband and went to the mechanic's to give him something towards our bill. After that I ran home to get my grocery card (which I'd forgotten), went back out and did some shopping and other errands, came home, put the groceries away, and went back to the grocery store AGAIN to pick up the bread crumbs I'd forgotten to buy. After that I fixed dinner. I was so tired by then I could barely drag myself to bed! Did I mention I was also dealing with the "visitor", which had showed up unexpectedly that morning? It was some day.

This morning I simply don't want to move. I have no energy at all, and I'm dealing with cramps and a headache. My ankle is so stiff I can barely walk, and I'll need to put a Lidoderm patch on it to get through the morning's weeding. I am tempted to skip because the client is away until June 2nd; but she wants her gardens looking pristine by the time she gets back and they are nowhere near that. So I'll be dragging myself out the door pretty soon. I'm hoping I can sneak in a nap this afternoon!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.