Skip to content
Bra troubles
Gracefilled posted:
Suddenly I can not stand to wear a bra. I am still working and so I need to find something that will work. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Debrichard responded:
Hi Grace
I too have the same problem .I finally bought some comfortese bras from either hsn or qvc they are like the ahh bra but cheaper and they have pads in the but they are not thick pads.I had to return them twice though because they were to tight so you will want to get at least 2 sizes bigger than what they say you should get. They are the only bras I have been able to wear.I hope this helps you.
Deb

Gracefilled replied to Debrichard's response:
Thank you! This does help.

BetteK responded:
Grace, take a good look at your wardrobe. I found that there were plenty of looser, less form-fitting clothes that I could wear with just a camisole and no bra. Yes the "girls" are a little lower, but that's the price of comfort. (Sort of like banishing your spike heels.)

Yes, you will need a bra for under sweaters. Yes some clothes are just too revealing without a bra. (Prints are better than solid colors for your blouses.)

You can wear a dress with a full slip and no bra. (I always had trouble with 1/2 slips "showing" at the hem, no matter how short they were anyway.)

On a recent Dr. Oz show, they said that wearing a bra when you are young is more apt to make your "girls" sag later in life because the ligaments that are supposed to hold them up never get a workout. Of course, those of us beyond a certain age, (I'm 69) would need a crane to hold ours up again!

Try it around the house. See how it works.

BetteK

rosielou responded:
Hi Grace,

I've worn the Ahh bras for a few years and like them, but they're expensive. Now I usually wear Hanes wirefree bandini or pullover styles from their website, they're much less expensive. The good thing is these knit styles last forever if you hang them to dry.

Last summer I found some bras similar to the Ahh bras in a thin lightweight knit at a Bali outlet. They are really nice on the most painful days or hot days when I need to be strapped in. If I ever see them again I'll buy a dozen!

Debrichard has the best advice, go at least one size up and two is better.

http://www.hanes.com/clothing/women/bras/wirefree-bras

RL

xperky replied to rosielou's response:
I think those Bali stretch bras are available at Kohl's. Love 'em.
With Compassion,
Margaret

rosielou replied to xperky's response:
Well I was going to Target this afternoon, but will turn left and go to Kohl's instead!

Thanks Margaret

Anon_408 replied to rosielou's response:
KOHLS has a barely there bra also. hold them up, but soft all theway around

foreversore responded:
I have been getting the bralettes from Walmart I think they are Basic Edition. They are $5 a piece and they are all soft cotton with thin pads that are removeable in the "cups". they are the only thing I can wear besides camisoles with the built in shelf bra but those are hot in the summer so I am glad I found these bralettes!

cactusflower1963 responded:
Unfortunately if you are big busted there's not a lot you can do. Around home I wear a stretchy sports bra. It's ok for at home but no support. They do have some stretchy camisoles in the lingerie dept. at Walmart that work okay if you are not wearing anything form fitting. I think all of us women with fibromyalgia go through periods of not being able to stand wearing a bra.

Gracefilled replied to cactusflower1963's response:
Thank you soooooo much ladies. This is very helpful. I feel better already:)

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.