Skip to content
Hump Day ****5/22/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC and I hope everyone had a good night's rest. I hope today will be a good day for all of us as well, with little to no pain.

I think that my low back pain has improved. I think that the P5P has helped it. Do not really know for sure yet but it is strange that my pain level has improved on it.

So much going on...thoughts and prayers to those who have lost loved ones...I can not even imagine how facing a storm can be with nothing at all that a person can do...I am sure they felt just helpless. I do know how this feeling is (in a different way) and it is not a good one at all. Some of the schools elected not to have *safe places* included in the schools...not a good decision and I am sure that regulations will change after this tragedy. A life learned lesson.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. There are no quick fixes and it does take time and effort to find the *just right combination* for each individual. Everything is a process which does require a trial and error process, so hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them cope better. It should be remembered though that what helps one may or may not help another since we are all different.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is so important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Getting some warm sunshine is a good way to increase one's Vitamin D level...but I have also read that a person probably still does not get enough, especially if your Vitamin D level has reached a very low level.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. It is so good to hear from some of our members who have been absent for a while. Glad that we have heard from you and I hope things are indeed improving for each of you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week everybody. I hope your yesterday was good and that your today is starting off well.
I hope you have no fibro issues of pain to deal with today and that sunshine and warm temps have found you.

Sending prayers to those in Oklahoma ( Moore ) who have suffered so much these past days. Am taking Walgreen gift cards to our local church to be taken to Oklahoma for those who have been so hurt by Sunday's storms. Watching the news coverage of it all just brings me to tears and I want to help in any way I can.

Speaking of bad weather it's dark and over cast here. Cooling down too. We're waiting for storms to pop up today. Gonna be strong they say. I may see my storm shelter at some point. Had some damage in a few cities up above us yesterday from strong winds and rain. Here nothing, thankgoodness. The weather people here are saying that a cool down here may save us from real damage. I sure hope that's the case.

DH is looking forward to his many days off this week and into next week. He is taking off 6 days starting tomorrow, going back to work for one, then off, then back for one day and then off for 4 more. It's the only way he can take time off where he works. I had hoped to use the days off the following week to get up to northern NY to do some family reserach, but just don't have enought time with they way his day's off are, so may just hang out around here. DH wants to drive to San Antonio, TX, but the drive is just about the same as to NY.

I have everything that I need to take to Orlando ready to go into the suitcases. DH said he doesn't want to take foods or liquids. This is new for him. He usually wants to take his "comfort' foods and not buy so much in the park. He said last night he just doesn't want to lug the extra bags. OK, I can work with that. I hope he sticks to this as I hate, HATE, to buy food and things down in Orlando. Over priced and on some things, out of date. UGH.

I had a nice time yesterday at the senoir's luncheon. Thinking it was the last one I went out of my way to say hello to everyone. The number of people going to the luncheon is dropping each month. Age, medical conditions and in some cases, people have passed away are reasons. So thinking this is the last day we'd be doing it I was surprissed to find BFF is going to do one more for the senior's in June. I hate long goodbyes, although they have no clue this is a long goodbye. BFF also said we'd be doing a dinnerthere in July for the church. I think BFF and I have different ideas on how to close down a business.

I am feeling somewhat better today. I guess the meds are doing their job making the infection in my ear go away, well at least the discomfort. This is good as I don't want to have ear and balance issues while in DisneyWorld.

Today makes day two without Gabapentin and I made sure I sat out of doors yesterdaywith BFF for 15 minutes in the sun to get my Vit. D which helps the fibro symptoms. The more days I go without Gabapentin the better I feel over all, skin pain or no.

Okay, will close this here, my best to all. Have a great day everyone.. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, smiles and NO fibro issues or pain.
Gentle hugs, Linda

BetteK replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
We had some storms go through earlier, knocking out the power for 2 hours. I'm trying to sneak some time in here before the next round rolls through.

Isn't it wierd how we all react differently to the meds. I either can't urinate, get dizzy, or don't notice any effect from the meds. Gabapentin was a "nothing" for me.

Have a wonderful time in Orlando. Hope the weather is just exactly the way you like it for your stay. That seems to be a major player in how we do with our fibro. Too cold and we get deep aches--like bone pain. Too hot and we get more fog and fibro pain. And then there's humidity. I think that is the worst.

Whatever mix of meds you are now on, Linda, we all hope it is the perfect solution for where you are right now with your FM.

Bon voyage!

BetteK

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone, quick check in tonight. Sunday night we had very fierce winds gusting up to 50mph I would guess. My old house was creaking away.

Monday I had to travel with a co-worker to Tomahawk WI. It was a pretty painless trip and despite his New Camaro, the nice WI roads kept it from wrecking me. It was also 80 and sunny there. We left and returned to mid 40s here at home. We came back Tuesday just after noon.

I woke tis morning to our long day and it wasn't bad at all. I was tired this am, but the day went pretty good.

The sun hasn't been out here since Sunday. We received about 2.5 inches of rain since, and we finally got a peek of it just before sunset.

I should be back to normal schedule wise tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.