Skip to content
Hair loss
franr posted:
Good Morning

I was wondring is anyone experiencing hair loss. I am not sure if the medications have side effects that cause hair loss. Since this last flare this winter I have notice my hair is more thinner and I am at wits end what to do,Seeing dermatologist in a few weeks. Any answers.I have been on Gralise for 3 months with suceess but the hair loss is getting to me.(medication is in the neurotin family.)

Fran

dollbug responded:
Hello Fran.... glad to see your post...MiMi in NC....I have had hair loss issues for a very long time....probably as long as I have had FM. And as you may or may not know....I do not take any prescriptions for it. I think it does have something to do with FM. (only my opinion though). Every time I wash my hair I get too much loss of hair in the drain. I have thick hair but it is not as thick as it use to be. ... I have not understood this either....as I thought one time that it was a thyroid issue.

I also want to add that I no longer have to shave my legs either, like I once did. Actually I do not shave them but probably every 6 weeks or so. Interesting isn't it, just how much things change and sometimes we don't even think about them doing so.

I hope you will share what your dermatologist tells you about this.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.