Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****5/23/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is too darn early for anyone to be up and about. I woke up due to furbabies....who heard the thunderstorms. They do not like the noise at all. So I got up and let them out and thought they needed to go out....but they refused when they saw it was raining outside.

Anyway....we are winding down another school year here. With only another week or so school will be over for this year...and what a year it has been. I sure hope next year is better....perhaps much quieter than this year. Quiet is good.

I kept my GS last night as he has had an ear infection. He got sick over the week-end and went to the doctor on Monday. He has missed a lot of school due to sickness this year. It is not a good thing when little ones are sick and you do not know how to help them. I remember having ear infections when I was little.

I am hoping that the rain will soon go away now anyday. I think we have had enough for a while now. I would love to have some sunshine and dry weather for a change.

Here is hoping everyone else is sleeping and getting some good rest as they should be. It is not a good thing when sleep is interrupted for me. I also have to keep my GS in the morning.
Tomorrow is the last day for preschool.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox* which has some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying yet.

Vitamin D....be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is very important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D might cause extra pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. The best thing about this is it is a cheap fix but you should make sure that you get your level back within the *normal range*....which does take time for a lot of people. Getting out in the sunshine is also a good way to get some natural Vitamin D....(without sunscreen)....but I am not sure that once our level gets low that we can get our level back up with just enjoying the sunshine. Do your own research about Vitamin D....there is a lot of good info on the internet about it.

Here is hoping everyone will have a good day....with little to no pain.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this early morning.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

cactusflower1963 responded:
Good morning Mimi! It's been awhile! As you can see I'm up early too. Only It's 1 am in Arizona. School let out here yesterday. I'd love to sleep in but have to take my mom to the doctor early this morning. I've been having these sleep issues for over a year now and it stinks! I fall asleep whenever I sit down for a few minutes.
It's good to see an old friend this morning Mimi. Just wondering how many of the old Fmily are still here on WebMD?

foreversore responded:
Good morning all...I guess. I have been up all night once again. Last night at 10:30 I took an Ambien and 2 Benadryl hoping to sleep well but no such luck. I have a lot to do today as we are house shopping and getting ready for my little one's birthday on the 30th. It is going to be a very loooooooong day and I have a feeling that in a few hours I will start to get cranky.

I don't really have too much to talk about at the moment. I think we may finally have the right combo of meds and supplements we just need to get the doses adjusted correctly and that will happen over time.

I hope everyone's day goes better than mine will!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Morning MiMI, Forever Sore and CactusFlower and all.
I hope your day is going well and that today is a day that will not find you dealing with fibro issues or pain. I hope that those of you who have had a sleepless last night, get to have a long uninterupted night sleep tonight.

The sun is out, will be warm today and no rain in sight. Well maybe a pop up storm sometime in the afternoon. So it goes in the later sping around here. And things are looking nice for the next few days, but I won't be here to enjoy it. BUT, the weather in Orlando will be just as nice as it would be here. DH and I will be heading out by 10 Friday morning. Hope we are able to avoid travel back ups or delays. There will a whole of cars on the road Friday and I am betting the ones going south are heading to Orlando. We think we should get into Orlando by around 10 Orlando time. I hope.

Speaking of road travel, I hope to get some on the beach time over the long weekend. DH and I have hopper passes for the weekend so getting into the car and driving to Daytona Beach may be a streach. I will hate to miss a chance to hear the surf coming in and feeling the sand under my feet. DH says for sure we'll make it, but I'm not so sure. Having the family there making day plans may take my travel to the beach time away.
As it is one DD has all of us having dinner one night at the Soup Plantation. Another one has us meeting up at the Magic Kingdom for lunch. And so it goes.

But that aside I have our bags ready to load into the car. Clothes, sandals, sunscreen and makeup in their cases. DH has his stuff ready as well. All that was left was the ' few' food things to take. Well ' few ' was an understatement. DH and I did the shopping for the trip last night. With coupons and store flyers in hand we went to the market. Saved around 35 dollars and got gas points as well for the amount spent. A win win, but I hate to take so much stuff with me. DH bought healthy foods to take as did I. Hate to spend money on food inside and outside the park as it is in most cases is higher than if should be. Most times I'll head to KMart or WallyWorld for things we might need. But DH said he'd rather not have to do that this time, so we shopped here to take things down with us. UGH

Since yesterday was over cast and muggy DH and I waited to do our out of door things, like trimming tree limbs, later in the p.m. when the threat of storms passed. And since it was not bright yesterday I didn't see into the trees I was cutting back and well I got scratched a couple of times. UGH. But on the high side I have started using New Zeland honey, Mantua, as a antibaterical sauve for those cuts and scratches. I had used regular, local honey as a sauve before, but didn't know about the one that's so good from New Zeland. I started to use it after my Dermatologist mentioned it to me. I sent away for it and for the past three times I needed to put a sauve on a cut or open wound found it to be better than anything else I've ever used. OMG it does the trick. No reddness or swelling. It just helps the cut or open wound heal and in record time as well. It may not be for everyone, but for me, this honey is more than worth the price. And you can injest it, it's honey afterall.

Okay, need to get moving. I have one or two small errands to run and then I hope to just kick back and take it easy. Tomorrow will be a long day so resting now will be a very good thing.

Have a great day everyone. Gentle hugs, Linda R

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hi all..
I'm still waiting for that neuro to call and get my apt. Stopped the gabapentin a few days ago and no seizures since. I'm not really sure what to make of that-- I mean it is supposed to stop stop seizures not cause them.. and yet-- well-- so far sure looks to me like it was the cause for me. Dunno.

I'm trying to convince myself my little bathtub is really a hot tub--so far--'meh'.

Ive made a list of things I need to get done before my son's family comes on the 7th so I am slowly knocking off a bit of it each day. Part of it is to get outside and do some garden work dailly--even if it is just a small small bit--then take a bath. That's my strategy. The bath should help suck up the pain the garden caused.

Keeping my herbs in pots this year on my decking near the kitchen. Putting perenials I got from my old house in front of the back porch where we cut down huge shrubs that were blocking the view of the lake. I like the bed-- cuz the soil is easy to dig. It does have roots still from shrubs--not sure if those wll come back--if they do--I'll just keep them short.

I'm thinking I will pick up a few veggies to grow in pots on the deck up here too-- maybe a tomato, pepper, and ? will decide. I can keep a few for nibbling.

Well not much else to talk about at the moment. hope you all have a good day!! Mary

fibroinsd responded:
I don't have time to write....but KIM KIM KIM...so glad to see you here...what ya got cookin??????

on my way to work...be back soon..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

cactusflower1963 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Cece!!! So glad to "see" you. If you literally mean cooking you will be disappointed. My mom and I went into town this morning and she picked up fried chicken at the market. I'm making mac and cheese and corn on the cob to go with it. I haven't been cooking much but have learned to make green chili and tamales since I have been in AZ. I'm trying to lose weight and Nate doesn't appreciate my cooking so the only time I make a full meal is when my mom and step-dad come down for dinner. Where are you working now? Nate graduated from 8th grade yesterday....summer has started! So far he's spending lots of time at the public library with his friends.

mnjeepguy responded:
It's another late check in for me, another busy day. The sun made it out for a whole day visit today. It was chilly until about 3 but it turned out to be a nice evening. I did not feel very good after work, but it was too nice to be inside. I decided to tackle the gravel pit in my vehicle with the shop vac.

It was finally a good day to fir up the Weber. I put on some cheap Montreal seasoned Beef cuts that turned out amazing. Afterwards we took a short walk with the Hounds. It was day 2 of getting the male to leave the property. He freezes up and we have to drag him away from the house, but then he is fine and trots along.

I have been having a rough time in the evening. If I sit for more than ten minutes my hips, knees, and feet almost lock up. I feel ridiculous getting up for what it must look like. With the weather improved I usually improve but not this time. Doing too much I presume, but it's hard to sit still when the sun is bright.

I wish I had time to reply to everyone. I hope those of you sleep deprived get your needed rest and that those of you who are stressed find relief. Take care everyone.

Cory

BetteK replied to foreversore's response:
The first time I took Ambien, I swear that if I hadn't put the top back on the vial before I popped that 5 mg pill, the whole mess would have been on the floor while I zonked out for 30 hours!

Zoom forward a few years and if I only take Ambien every month or two, it gives me about 4 to 6 hours of sleep when I really need it. It takes several hours to work, so I take it with my suppertime meds.

Most of our meds work on neurons. Neurons make new pathways; we are not hard wired the way biologists first thought. This is probably why a medication that used to work becomes ineffective. One way to avoid this is to switch to a new med for a few months or years then go back to the old one until it loses it's magic again. By switching back and forth, you can have continuous coverage (minus step-down time to go off one med and minus step-up time for the new med.

One thing that MAY be happening (I learned this the hard way.) is that your teeny-tiny Ambien is getting lost on the way down your gullet. I have to hide them in a bit of squishy white bread or some other item that goes down all the way without getting caught. If you are REALLY sleepy the morning after the night Ambien did not work for you, the pill may have been pushed down with breakfast. All day long, you'd be fighting the sleep you wanted the night before.

Hope some of this makes sense for you.

BetteK

BetteK replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory, Spring is a time of rapidly changing weather patterns. It seems that we just can't take these atmospheric ups and downs. They get us down.

Try to get an earlier night tomorrow night. We all need our rest, even you big, strong men.

Your steaks sound great. Our home-grown ones are tougher than the store bought, but they taste so much better. We just have to pound them, pierce them, and marinate them to get them to melt in your mouth. They are very lean and much better for your health because our cows never see a feedlot.

Walking with young hounds must be a lot like walking with a toddler. There's a lot of exploration, but it isn't necessarily of the things you want explored. Give them both a little time and you've got wonderful experiences.

Hope things settle down for your fibro. And hey, those little "get up and walk around" trips of yours are short bursts of exercise when you were NOT sitting on your posterior and broadening it's horizons.

BetteK

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.