Celexa SSRI Withdrawal..
missist posted:
I had thought that the weird nightly episodes I was having were due to gabapentin--but... I think it may have actually been withdrawal from Celexa--an SSRI. I tried it but was not liking it--but the thing is--I had tried this before about a year ago.

I think-- the weird zappy jolt I was getting and the strange waves of numbness-- which I had about a year ago and again just recently--

Might actually have been from the same drug both times--just was reading an article about this as I found someone else who had the same symptoms and fibro, posted in a forum and figured out that it was likely her problem--she had forgotten to get her RX refilled due to a lot of stress.

Anyhow--it makes sense cuz then it would be the same situation both times.

I didn't like that drug a year ago & yet I did try it again this time, but after several weeks I switched to nortryptilene which seems better for me.

so... the jolts and numming was worse at first and slowly better-- and I think it had run its course.

I'm gonna try the gabapentin again and see if anything happens. Cuz--
I'm getting more pain with out it and if it is ok, I want to use it.

Also-- maybe re think the neurologist. we shall see..
Mary

Anon_10089 responded:
Wow, that could be it. Those SSRI's and SNRI's can do funny things, especially in the withdrawal!

missist replied to Anon_10089's response:
Well.. It could. But--inspite of my pretty theory there, I took the gabapentin last night and woke to that same thing again. So I have no idea what caused it last year as I wasn't using it then.

I think if my brain were in a jar it would be labeled:
Abby Normal.

I give, perhaps that neurologist will know what to do with me?
Mary