Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Celexa SSRI Withdrawal..
missist posted:
I had thought that the weird nightly episodes I was having were due to gabapentin--but... I think it may have actually been withdrawal from Celexa--an SSRI. I tried it but was not liking it--but the thing is--I had tried this before about a year ago.

I think-- the weird zappy jolt I was getting and the strange waves of numbness-- which I had about a year ago and again just recently--

Might actually have been from the same drug both times--just was reading an article about this as I found someone else who had the same symptoms and fibro, posted in a forum and figured out that it was likely her problem--she had forgotten to get her RX refilled due to a lot of stress.

Anyhow--it makes sense cuz then it would be the same situation both times.

I didn't like that drug a year ago & yet I did try it again this time, but after several weeks I switched to nortryptilene which seems better for me.

so... the jolts and numming was worse at first and slowly better-- and I think it had run its course.

I'm gonna try the gabapentin again and see if anything happens. Cuz--
I'm getting more pain with out it and if it is ok, I want to use it.

Also-- maybe re think the neurologist. we shall see..
Mary

Anon_10089 responded:
Wow, that could be it. Those SSRI's and SNRI's can do funny things, especially in the withdrawal!

missist replied to Anon_10089's response:
Well.. It could. But--inspite of my pretty theory there, I took the gabapentin last night and woke to that same thing again. So I have no idea what caused it last year as I wasn't using it then.

I think if my brain were in a jar it would be labeled:
Abby Normal.

I give, perhaps that neurologist will know what to do with me?
Mary

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.