Skip to content
Saturday ******Happy Memorial Day Week-end******5/25/2013 ******
dollbug posted:
Happy Memorial Day Week-end****MiMi in NC....and what happened to spring?????? Woke up looking for my blanket this morning....I think NC is trying to break a record on the low side of the temp today.

I just wrote a nice post and Oops.....it vanished. I guess it was not meant for me to share what I wrote.

I do want to share this with everyone though. A couple of weeks ago my DD told me she thought I should try taking P5P.....which is Vitamin B 6 for people who can not process Vitamin B 6.....she was listening to a local doctor talking about *Morton's toe* and what this doctor had just learned concerning this. It seems that it has been discovered that it is caused by some people not being able to process Vitamin B 6.....which can also cause kidney stones and carpal tunnel as well, along with the problem with the toe. DD called me and she said that she thought I should at least try it. Anyway, I have been taking one capsule for several weeks now and I can not believe this but my lower back pain has vanished. Perhaps this is my bonus for trying it. I have no idea.

Anyway....I wanted to share this with everyone. No, I do not understand this at all....but I do know that I have had big issues with carpal tunnel problems and I also have kidney stones as well and I have the *Morton toe issue*....so I decided that I would at least give it a try. This local doctor had attended some seminar recently and this had been discussed and she was sharing this knowledge about it. I did not hear it since I was baby sitting my GS, but my daughter did and she called me right away to tell me about it. I am so thankful that my lower back pain is no longer there. No....I do not quite understand any of this or exactly how it happened....but I am thankful that, for whatever reason, I am no longer feeling the dull and sometimes very sharp pain in my lower back.

OK...welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group.....as well as those who have returned. As we always say, once a FMer, always a FMer.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for everyone, with little to no pain to deal with. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

Vitamin D....perhaps today you can enjoy some natural Vitamin D as you soak in some sunshine. I think it is suppose to be nice sunny weather here today.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it

Remember the reason that we have this holiday....remember all of those who have served and are serving our country and protecting our freedom.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

dollbug responded:
http://www.footcare4u.com/mortons-toe-what-is-it-what-causes-it-how-to-treat-it/

OMG******I googled Morton's toe and I have found the above link....

EVERYONE who has FM should click on the above link and hear what this doctor says about this......

You have to hear it to BELIEVE it. It just MIGHT BE WORTH YOUR TIME AND EFFORT****
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Hi Mimi & All!
Down in South Carolina here and woke up to 41 degrees?? I'm sitting here in sweat pants and a hoodie all bunched up and watching the geese go by an thinking about my garden.

I am frrrrreeezing. I know it is colder north of here, but gee whiz! It was 85 yesterday.

I am dying to get back in my garden today. I started to work on a shade area that is all grown over with ivy and has stepping path that is all out of whack. We bought this place in December--so this is the former owners work & neglect that needs to be fixed. I love that kind of challenge but I'm in a lot of pain this morning from what I did yesterday.

The garden is the only thing that gets me to get out there and work even in great pain. Its my best healing place.

I dreamed of gardeny ideas all night and have enough of those to keep me busy for years.

Watching my Japanese next door neighbor feeding the geese on her dock. a lovely sight! I am so hoping to somehow get to know her, she doesn't speak much english and I only know one Japanese phrase--but I already know I like her.
well here's to a lovely Memorial weekend even if it is freezy.

My best to you all--especiall in the north east up above me-- keep warm y'all!
Mary

booch007 responded:
Good morning Fmily,

Geez that was alot of reading to start the day!! I am supposed to have 30 people here tomorrow for the holiday and have a tight day ahead.

It is 46* and raining hard so a move of party is in order I think! Plan is to talk about it later.

I do not have Morton's toe . So sad..I have short chubby toes! (Like me!) I love all the Dr Travelle work he placed in there as you know her book is my bible since the neurologist read it to me.

I didn't read the second book as they split the body in upper and lower and I am mostly upper....so Mortons toe never came to my eye..........Great article though. IF THE FIX is that little splint to the "ball of your foot" I would try it for sure!

So, just checking in and I have my Monday off this week...hurray. I plan to sit and rest and do NUTHIN**.
I am unable to pace in this new role as I never know what this surgeon is going to need. I have told him my limitations and issues and we just interveiwed a urse to work with him. HOPEFUL I am....

If she takes it, it will release me from the procedures and running back and forth. I still have the supervision issues and policy building in front of me. That stress can truly be an issue for pain.

So dancing with this dragon while trying out a new position is challenging. Trying to get laugh time in there and some joy is always a priority. And as I had said, careful what you wish for. I always said to you that distraction os the best medicine...

I am overdosed in distraction, so much I don't even know the date right now (true)......

Hoping to be a bit more of the old me . Have a good weekend all, I hope the weather is better where you live as apposed to my 46* here in NY!! Hugs, Nancy B

fibroinsd responded:
Wow..what an article Mimi..long..and I only had time to glance through it..but I have so many foot problems..bunions, and my toe is just slightly longer..not really obvious..so not sure about the mortons toe..I didn't see the connection to 5P5...but to pads under the toe..that is very interesting..hmm

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

fibroinsd replied to fibroinsd's response:
P.S....I hope Kim saw my message to her on Friday's check-in..

cece

katmandulou responded:

Happy Weekend Everyone, and a Respectful Memorial Day, too.

My weekly check-in finds me tired. This working this sure is weird! It's raining, but I just got home from shopping for my nephew's b-day gift. What I got was a little more than I wanted to spend, but I splurge on a niece/nephew every now and again.

MiMi, the B6 thing sounds interesting. I too have Morton's tow - my 2nd toe is longer than my "big" toe. As a kid I was told that it meant I'm smart (wisdom or sassiness I never determined). And I do have plantar fasciitis. I'll ask the next doc I see about B6!

DH is working and I'm trying to get a few things done. I went into the closet with a flashlight earlier and started getting rid of clothes I'll never wear again. Not all are too big. Some are out of style, some I don't want to wear again. I filled a small box with 12-15 items - dresses, pantsuits, skirts - then dove into my lingerie drawer. Some of what was in there I never wore, some were barely worn. I sorted "like items" together and put them in sandwich bags, marking what's in there. I gained half a drawer!

Gotta go hit another drawer. I have slips, ladies - my nieces don't know what they are!

Wishing you the best weekend you can possibly have,
Lou

fibroinsd replied to katmandulou's response:
hey Lou...glad to hear from you. I keep thinking of you and your mom..how is that going??? I am dealing with my mom and wishing there was a better answer..

cece

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.