Skip to content
I'm still here!
1wareaglefan posted:
Hello, All....many of you probably won't remember me, as I've been a long-time member, but I've been out of pocket for many months. My husband and I have been keeping our precious 2 year old granddaughter for our son and DIL. We did this to help them save money, b/c they were planning to fulfill their call to missions in Mexico.

They traveled all this week, pulling their belongings behind them, and finally arrived last night. This has been an emotional, as well as physical strain on my fibro. But I'm so thankful that they're doing what they feel the Lord is leading them to do.

I look forward to catching back up with folks here, and will probably have quite a few names to learn.

Take care, All...
Elizabeth

fibroinsd responded:
Hey Elizabeth..

So glad to see you..it has been awhile. Seems like a few people that haven't been around for awhile have checked in lately. It is so good to see people come back..

I can imagine how difficult is was to keep your GD, but how difficult it is to see them go on a mission to Mexico.. I pray that God will protect them on this journey..

Anyway...glad to see you back.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome back.....MiMi in NC....I wonder so much about people who have joined and then we hear nothing from them for a while.....so glad that you have been able to keep your GD while your son and daughter in law were on their mission. So good to see you post again.

Just so you will know.....Dr. P and the other special guest experts are no longer on our site. WebMD made some changes and I guess they were part of the changes which were made. (actually I am just guessing since no one bothered to really *inform* anyone of what was going on)

But we are still here.....and as always the doors are opened.....I think we all though miss Dr. P a lot. He was such a great blessing to have here. I think we all know though that good things do not always last.

Anyway.....yes.....do have new FMers here and I am sure that it will not take you long to figure this out.

I do want to tell you that I am going to have a new grandbaby around Thanksgiving. (this will make 4 grands for me) My younger son and daughter in law are expecting their 2nd baby.....their little one will turn 4 in Sept.....and he is really excited about becoming a big brother. I am so excited and I am hoping it is a little girl..... my daughter in law really wants a little girl. She told me that if it is a boy.....that would be all....because she does not want to end up with 3 boys.....lol.

I hope you will post again soon.

Take care.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

1wareaglefan replied to fibroinsd's response:
Thank you for the welcome back, Cece and Mimi! Cece, I want to let you know I've lost 50 lbs. on medifast since Dec. 1!! I remember you were the first person to get me interested in it, then I had a friend who was very successful. It has changed my thinking about food, and I love it! I will soon be in transition. Did you go through that, and I'm assuming you're now in maintenance?

Mimi, thank you, too. I'm so happy to hear you're having another grandchild. And I hope it's a girl! I knew from reading on her periodically that Dr. P wasn't around anymore...what a shame! I so enjoyed his expertise and humor.

Just to clarify....they took our granddaughter with them. Their plan is to live there for 2 years serving with a team in Mexico. We plan to go visit, and do lots of calling, emailing, and Skype!

It's good to be back here.

fibroinsd replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
Yes, Elizabeth..I lost 100 pounds..I have put a couple back on..but I am still under my goal of being at 150. I am on "maintenance"...I am trying to gain muscle by doing more exercise..but it isn't easy...hard to believe, but my :fat" levels still show up in the "obese" level..Everyone says there can't be any fat to lose..(I now weight 148 pounds)... But I still love Medifast..because it works...It is frustrating to think I could still put the weight back on..and I am determined not to do that. I keep wondering how much fibro is working to keep the weight on..so it is a process..but cngrats to you...glad it is working..don't you feel sooooooo much better?

cece

1wareaglefan replied to fibroinsd's response:
That's awesome, Cece! And yes, I do feel sooooo much better with this weight off. However, I don't think it affected my fibro any. You know, no matter what plan we use to take the weight off, we would still have to "fight" to keep the weight off for life. I guess that's all part it. I'm just thankful that I now have the tools and the mindset on how to stay at a healthy weight. I love Medifast, too!

Take care,
Elizabeth

fibroinsd replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
so glad to hear that it is working for you..but yea..I feel like the fibro keeps trying to put it back on..and it will be a constant battle ...but we will hang in there together !

cece

booch007 responded:
Welcome home Elizabeth...

What good work that sounds like. You must be proud of them! Good you made through taking care of that 2 y/o not an easy feat. I know from jus random babysitting:). YIKES.

So glad to have you back and that you are now resting again.

Hugs , Nancy B

1wareaglefan replied to booch007's response:
Hey, Nancy....thank you. I am so very proud, but it has had me on an emotional roller coaster!

The only way I was able to take care of her was the fact that I had my husband's help...lol! He's retired also, so the two of us together made it work. I learned how to entertain her while sitting in my recliner. Fortunately she loved our story time together. And hubby and I have the most wonderful memories to treasure. You can't put a price tag on that, for sure.

Take care,
Elizabeth

maggiethedoglover replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
Hi Elizabeth,

Congratulations to you and Cece for those tremendous weight losses. I feel wonderful about the 12 pounds that I lost so I can only guess at how good both of you are feeling.

I too have been posting irregularly here. Part of it has been due to my frequent flares which have kept me in bed for days in a row. The weather here in Wisconsin has been erratic but I cannot blame weather since a bunch of my flare days were sunny and warm.

How wonderful to be able to help out your son and DIL. You and your granddaughter will have memories that last forever.

Thank you to all who have served our country and to the families who have shared in their gifts of service.

Hugs to all,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

1wareaglefan replied to maggiethedoglover's response:
Hi, Maggie! I certainly remember you. I understand about being on erratically. Life just happens sometimes, but I'm sorry you've been having flares.

Great job on your weight loss, too! Losing weight is such hard work....believe me, I've spent practically all my adult life working on it...lol! While my weight loss makes me feel so much better about myself, and it's easier to get around, it didn't help my fibro pain. So there goes that theory!

Thanks for the welcome back. I hope brighter days are ahead for you.

Elizabeth

debrabrooks1960 replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
Hello Elizabeth, my name is Debbie. I live in north Florida. I joined the group a year ago last February. It has been a God send to me. During bad times the friends I have made here has kept me going. During good times it is fun just sharing and reading news on everyone. I am glad you are back. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Soft hugs,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.