Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ****5/26/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC and I am up too darn early this morning. What happened to springtime weather? I have no idea. It has been really cool the past few mornings though and it will continue to be for the next few days as well. Too much of a big change. It is spring and we should be having nicer weather.

Anyway....here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for everyone as well. Not a lot going on with me. We decided to have a cook out today. It is easy to do this. Everyone likes it as well. The week-end is actually when I only doing much cooking. With it just being 2 of us for the most part, it takes too much energy to cook all of the time.

For those of you who missed Saturday's post....be sure and check out the link provided which is on Morton's toe. I googled this and found the link which does provide some good info and perhaps some sort of *connection* for some of us FMers. I do know that I have had *feet problems* most of my life. I am one of the people here who use to wear high heels. I also use to stand on my feet for the majority of the day when I was working in the bank. I also know that some days I would kick off my heels and work in my stocking feet....especially on days when we were so busy. Then I had an accident which messed up my right knee. When this took place there was no more high heels for me. I have had 4 knee surgeries and a lot of problems with both knees off and on after my accident. I often wonder about this causing the majority of my health issues as well. I know that it certainly did change my life a lot. My children were small and there was times when I was limited as to what I could do.

I had lots of physical therapy but never did get back to my normal self. I ended up having a staple put in my knee to hold the ligaments in place. I also think that if the doctor had performed surgery right away on it that I would have been so much better. Instead he put me in therapy for a long time and when my knee would not get the strength back he finally decided to do the surgery.

Still I had major issues and eventually the doctor opened up my knee and found there were major problems....my tendon and ligament was bound together like a rope. He told me he had no idea that my knee was in this kind of shape. I think by this time, after months of therapy on it, that the damage was already done and it never improved much from that point on.

I worked on a cybex machine for 19 months trying to strengthen it and only got it to a 43. Most people have 99 in both legs.

Anyway, I think that the Morton's toe is what has caused at least some of my health issues. I know that my back pain has improved since I started taking the P5P....which is B 6 in its processed form so that the body can use it without processing it.

Weird how things can affect our lives so much.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will indeed find the *right combination of tools* which will help you cope better. It does take a process of trial and error though to do this. And you should also remember that what works for one may or may not work for you. You will find some good support here though and lots of good info on things that others have found that has helped them cope better. It is indeed a process on most anything and everything that we have to face when dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check this which is important to a lot of people these days.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi,

The Bar B Q is off here...it is 45* and soaked....so I am sending all the food over to my SIL's house where she has the BIG table set up all the time. I just can't get it all set in 2 days. My muscles are so upset with me.

I went for a massage yesterday and rested the rest of the day, once I knew we moved the party. We have a few military in the family and I lke to be the one to have this holiday as I have the flags and the American Heritage. Well not this year.

God bless all those who have given to this country to keep her safe and free. Shame on those who try to weaken her or destroy her. God bless America............

Hoping for good distraction with my grandchildren today...I have Olivia who "doesn't stop talking....remember when I was wishing for that!"..and Madelyn who *yells...NANA..."up" or NANA come on......so loud! So cute...but when I am trying to rest, it is just bad timing!

I hope today is warm were you are...first and foremost...Brrr the heat is back on. . I hope there is something going on you can all join in on. A parade to watch, a BarBQ in an active backyard......distraction is such good stuff.

Try and move it so you don't lose it.....Be Warm, Be Safe...
Nancy B

1wareaglefan replied to booch007's response:
Good morning, Mimi and Nancy.....Mimi, I love this cooler weather, since living in the heart of Dixie (AL), you know how hot we get during the summer! As long as we can put that off, the better. But I know the folks up north are tired of the long, cold winter.

I'm going to church, then to visit my mother in the nursing home. With all the activities of the past couple of weeks, I haven't gotten to see her as often, although we do talk on the phone several times a day. I'm the only daughter, so I take on the nurturing roll.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Elizabeth

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It has been colder here again as well. The wind off the lake was relentless today. It was in the 45-50 range by the lake and 65 just a mile or two away.

I have felt much better the last two days. It was getting the best of me. As hard as I try to not let it, sometimes it does. I may have to get my wrist checked out though. It has been sore and swollen on the top for a few months. I hate to go in and have them tell me it's fine and just send me to PT I cannot afford. I have been using my MaxFreez, ice, and stretching. If I aggravate it bad enough it will give me sharp stabbing pains even at rest. It is doing that today after some light dirt work. Any thoughts?

It has been a good relaxing weekend so far. We had a nice dinner with friends last night. They hosted this time so that was even nicer. My sister invited us to a BBQ tomorrow as well. It will be good to see her again.

Today the DW and I went to Duluth to look at some older used trucks. I drive my vehicle very few miles so gas is not a big deal. I could use one so I don't drive the Jeep all the time. It is alright to drive everyday, but I would prefer not to have to. The prices they ask are usually nuts. The rust takes a toll on them here and many think it doesn't lower the value at all. You have to be a patient and smart shopper.

I hope you all enjoy the day tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
so tired...yet sleep seems elusive...hopefully talk to you all tomorrow..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hey Cory.....any immobilization and anti-inflamatories when it first happened? To have that for months is puzzeling???

If you hurt any of the ligaments there or even if you fractured a small bone in there it is far down the line for it to still be an issue....Can you start from scratch. Say they xray you and there is a hairline fracture (abviously you are using it) you would splint it and it would take about 6 weeks to heal...

If you hurt the ligaments....tore cartilage....you would immobilize it and ice it at the start and use an anti-inflammatory to help it heal. Now if none of that was done. Where do you think you are?

Can you splint it and give it a bit to recover? Can you take anything for inflammation and support it? Sounds like you and not giving it a break. I hear oyu on the Physical therapy thing...it is always long and arduous and the copays kill you.

Good luck and if resting it with a splint doesn't help you must get to the doctor. They say ice in the beginning now maybe heat will bring in the blood to help heal and clean up the damage. Watch for imporvment or change.

Good luck buddy..............we get ourselves into litttle traps all the time. Nancy B

mnjeepguy replied to booch007's response:
Thanks Nancy, it puzzles me too. Years ago when I rode bike constantly, I had similar issues. My left one sometimes locks when holding things with it bent in. I do need to give it a break and I will try heat. Thanks again!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.