Skip to content
Happy Monday Memorial Holiday ****5/27/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....remembering the reason for this holiday today....as there are many military who have provided our country's protections and freedoms for many, many years....so many who gave their lives for this....we should also remember the ones who are now serving our country as well and their families too. They were showing the Tomb of the unknown today and how it is guarded around the clock.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for everyone.

My week-end was a slow and quiet one....which is ok. Everyone was here except my GD....and she is now able to contact her day through her Ipad that her dad gave her. She can also contact my DD as well. I think this has helped her not being able to see us but every other week0end.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the correct combination of tools which will make a difference.
So hang in here with us, ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions. This group provides good support for those who are facing the wrath of the dragon every day. One should remember though that we are all different and what works for one may or may not work for another.

Vitamin D....my favorite thing to bring up. Be sure and ask your doctor to check this....as it is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. The best thing about this is it is a *cheap* fix....taking a supplement everyone to get your level up within the normal range of where it should be and it just might make a difference in your pain level as well.

Here is hoping everyone will have some warm sunshine today and you will be able to enjoy it....as it is indeed good for the mind and the body as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning Fmily,

Today is a day of reflection and rest....I may not even get out of my PJ's! Yesterday was wonderful at my SIL's it was so windy to start the day but it leveled off so the jump castle could be blown up and the girls had a ball.

My neck is the worst it has been in a long time, I don't know if it was work, the massage I got or the girls and lifting them or all together but I am unable to turn to the left.....(anyone wanting to sneak up on me can surely prank me from the left right now)

I used to think before diagnosis that an enemy of mine had a voodoo doll with a pin it the neck to make this pain! It is tough.

I will use the shower then the heat pad and support and lots of rest today to try and break it. Tomorrow I have shots and that will do it.....they just hurt so much worse when the muscle is festered like this.

There are parades and Bar BQ's all over...hope you can join in at some if them and get out of the house. We really can shut down and close in on ourselves. Try to get out, get the sun on you...SUN=D and D= better.

Bette, I have to applaud you again on your note. Good words to start my day here. Everyone should read it....Under the post about "self talk" Good stuff**.

Cory I hope you feel better you didn't say right or left wrist? I hope my hints help and save you some money.....give your body time to heal what ever you did....then in warm water to do your own physical therapy of (range of motion movement). YOU KNOW the drill....

Mimi, I am so glad the threads of family are geting stronger and stronger and soon a bond that can't break. . No one happier than me.......

Cece: Hope you slept, I can't remember a post by you like that..got whipped out I guess?

Sharon: Haven't seen you , just on FB and working on the house area....keep your talents flourishing. It;s so you, and thanks for all the great ideas.

Ok, all.......enjoy this day. Make it special to you. YOU have more power then you realise in your heads*. Perspective is everything...(Right now I am aiming on the shower to break my neck **litterally!...O U C H ) Make it a good day, despite the mess we are in.

HUgs to all, Nancy B

missist replied to booch007's response:
Hi all!!

To Nancy B-- My neck usually gets bad from overwork, etc..but massage is probably the worst- it seems it has to be done just right, none of the PT people ever did it right so it would end up awful. I always put ice it to get it to 'go down' and take extra of whatever nsaid I am using.

my sister is a great massage therapist--and she could do it and I"d actually feel better--but she lives half way across the country from me. bummer.

hope you feel better soon!

We had a nice day yesterday, Hubby is home this weekend. My youngest son has been here to eat with us and help Hubby dismantle our old dock. He's taken apart all he wants to now. He has rebuilt part of it too.

I've been working on our yard here, gardening. I have a big sunny bed in front of our porch. We sit looking at the lake from the porch so we removed some very large shrubs that were there when we bought the place. I'm putting in flowering plants. I bought quite a few to start it--but it is taking me a long while to get them in there. Digging is something I can only do a bit of each day.

I also have a shady area that I'm rejevenating and some big shrubs in front of our house that need serious pruning.

I'd like to get as much of all this done by the time our next round of guests arrive June 7. But.. well you know--if I don't, I don't. Its more important that I not be in too much pain when they come than that all my work is done.
So I am taking it slow, just working outside after breakfast and before lunch. " my energy window'

One thing that is awesome is the weather here in upstate SC. Usually by now its pretty solid 80s and humid. This year it has been a very wet spring but the temperature and humidity right now this weekend is great. Chilly early in the morning but remaining in the warm 70s most of the day and not too humid. This has been ideal for me to get some work done! just like a great wonderful gift.

One thing I am doing now is making sure I STOP after a few plants are in ground and start picking up my mess and watering things. I overdid the first day and reminded myself that I don't want to do that again.

I know nobody here knows this--but Hubby & I have moved 8 or 9 times the past 10 years, between 4 different states and buying this home is the most wonderful thing in the world to us. We are near some of our kids/grandkids and don't have to rent this place-we intend to stay put. But-- he is still working 3 hours away and so he commutes and I stay here. He is trying to find something closer and 'might' have an option soon.

So for me-- to start to make this house my home is thrilling! It doesn't mean my body will cooperate with all I want to do--but I am pacing pacing. pacing. Last week I painted about a 1/3 of a big piece of wicker furniture--and just was excited to see my own color scheme start to happen here instead of the one the house came with.

Well.. nuf said, have a lovely holiday folks!
Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. it is 53 with a stiff NE wind right off the big pond. It feels awfully cold out there. We were lucky to walk this morning before it really picked up. Its that wonderful bone chilling cool, damp air.

I am slowly going off my low dose Gabapentin, (100mg 2x per day) to see if anything gets worse. I feel no different yet but it did help me over winter. This spring it was as though it did nothing. I will need to work with the Dr. to see if I need to up it or try something else in the future. I hate taking anything I don't have to.

Linda, it is my left wrist. Being left handed it causes some issues now and again. The problem seemed to progressively build up like my tennis/golfer's elbow issues I had in all four quadrants at once. At least it's only one side. I appreciate any tips.

Mimi, I did finally read the article. My big toe is not shorter, but I get major arch pain most evenings after resting then getting up, or in the morning right out of bed. I did break my right foot as a teen and had a hairline fracture diagnosis weeks after the injury, so no cast. They never got me the brace I was supposed to wear for it. From that I have an arthritic bulge on the outside of my foot near the ankle. I'm not sure if the second metatarsal is longer, I have to poke at my feet more. I do have hypermobility all over my body so that may be an underlying issue. It may help me connect some of the dots. It doesn't take much to try a patch. Thank you for making sure I read this!

I hope you all have a great day. Thank you protectors of our freedom!

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hi Cory-- for wrist(s) I use those long wrist guards with the metal or plastic insert that keeps your wrist stiff--- sleep in it. If you can also wear it when doing anything heavy--that helps but-- sleeping in it is what I think makes mine get better. I have quite a few old pairs I use sometimes when I'm working on things.

I had a physical therapist give me the tip to sleep in it--he said it gives whatever nerves are irritated a chance to heal. does work for me.

mnjeepguy replied to missist's response:
Thanks for the tip. It's worth a shot.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.