Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ****5/28/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is 66* and going to be dry today and for the next few days as well. I am glad that springtime has indeed returned but toward Friday I think the temps will be more like summertime weather. Spring time has been short this year and really damp. I have some painting I want to do on a patio set that I am giving my older son. So I am hoping I will get this done this week.

I hope everyone had a nice long holiday week-end. Actually my DH and I worked some in the yard and I actually did too much before I knew it. So it was one of those days when all of a sudden I have no energy left. Not a good thing for the rest of the day. I refer to this as running out of gas....in a car....you know that when this happens the car slows down and then stops. Well....I knew when I slowed down all of a sudden that I needed to get to my recliner and that was it.

It was a quiet Monday though for us. I am glad that we were able to do what we got done. I had wanted to go over to a garden park where there is a pair of owls living. I love owls and have only seen a couple of them and one of them was inside a cage. I read about these in the paper and want to go over to see them. They do not mind people being close to them as they have made their home in this park. I guess they are now use to people being there.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools* that will work for you. So hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them.

Vitamin D....so important. Ask your doctor about getting your level checked if you have not already done so. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's all for now.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi & All..

First of all I wanted to say I just soooooo much appreciate this online support group. The other day I had posted something that has been a long time problem for me and I got about 10 replies all kind and all understanding what I was saying-- very thoughtful and useful. Thank you!!

Like Mimi I kind of ran out of gas too after yard work this weekend. Yesterday was my too tired day. Today I"m a little better and easing back into things. Hubby has gone back up to NC and probably won't be back next weekend.

This morning my daughter called frantic cuz her 3rd shift hubby wasn't going to be off on time to watch the kids and share the car..so I was very pleased to be available and went over handed her my car keys and watched my little grandchildren til her hubby got home. It was nice, I felt very useful, and it was only for just that little bit of time.

Today I'm looking into herbal remedies and trying to see if there are possibly natural ways to deal with my various symptoms that could help me not need so many RX drugs. between the cost, the wear & tear on my gutt & weird side effects I'm getting kind of leary of this stuff.

Since I was up late with insomnia I found that the nice bath & herbal tea helped me sleep perhaps better than RX meds and with no sideeffects--and I could easily make my own recipes for bath salts/oils and teas. so I'm thinking about that.

I'm not sure I could find an herbal remedy that would work as well as celebrex does on my pain--but I think I could at least knock out some other RXs. We shall see...

I need to get out and work in my gardens today-- although I'm sort of slow still--if we just happened to get a good down pour of rain-- I could put off garden work today. Might do that.

Funny how overdoing a bit this weekend has its effect for days.

I know I need to keep a slow steady pace, its hard though when you are itching do things and the weather is good. So easy to forget the cost you'll pay for that enthusiasm.

Hope you all have good days!
Mary

debrabrooks1960 responded:
It is good to ber home!
Happy Tuesday to all. It is good to be home. My family and I went to Kentucky to visit our dad and step mom. We had a great time. The weather was in the upper 60's and lower 70's the whole time we were there. It was beautifiul. The honeysuckle was in bloom so it smelled so good. We got to to to Cumberland Falls and saw a rainbow coming from the waterfall. It was beautiful. We also went to the hills of Hazard Kentucky and visited two of our aunts. It was such a wonderful visit.
I am glad to be home. I am so tired. Ten hour drive one way to our dad's home. It will take me a week to recover. Luckily I was off from work today so I got my home cleaned and was able to take a nap. Hopefully I will feel rested tomorrow.
I hope everyone has a good week. Soft hugs to all.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was cool here again. The rain was supposed to start today, but is now postponed until tomorrow night. This morning brought on the usual increase in pain when cold wet weather is at hand, but work was good.

We didn't get our walk in due to the cold and feeling the best so we took the boys to the beach. It was nice and calm there. Christine and I did our usual rock picking and the boys ran around and climbed on the boulders along part of the shore.

I plan to find a wrist brace next shopping trip. I'm hoping I can get enough relief to dodge a Dr. visit, but I will go in if it gets worse.

I took a big step today. I told my next door neighbor, (yes, that one), no. No east task for me.I had just cut my lawn and theirs is already very tall. She offered to pay me tomorrow if I cut it today. I was already "out of gas". I said that I'm sorry but I need to start doing less, doing too much is taking it's toll. They have several other family members capable of the tasks they call on me for. I predict it going to seed like the last year I did not cut it.

As Mary stated, I really appreciate this support group as well. There are many caring people here who help me and so many others every day. I thank you.

Mimi, I have a bit I want to do to the yard this year as well. I would like to move shrubs, plant some grass, fill tons of little holes, put in a small sidewalk with pavers, we will see where I end up.

Debbie, I'm glad you had such a good trip! The weather sounded perfect.

I hope you all have a good night. Take care everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hey Cory-- you should feel a little less pain after several days sleeping with the brace. Eventually it will be much better--but try to keep on sleeping with it on-- as it comes back. I have carpal tunnel in both wrists as well as OA and fibro--so I try to keep ahead of it. Seems like my left is worst.

So far since I began to use a brace at night--it is far better.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.