OK, I've had enough fun now, time for a cure.
missist posted:
I'm really sick of it.
I felt better for a short time with the 2x dose of celebrex, and the anti-d and the gabapentin- but had to drop the gaba due to bizarre side effect, and now my tummy is protesting about the celebrex, but my pain is not better anymore.

so.. since this has gone on since 1985 I've decided to stop now. no more fibro.

I'm done.

don't you wish?

rosielou responded:
Well hot d@@m, I didn't know we had that option! I'm with you, Mary, and will call it done too. Thanks for letting me know!

dollbug responded:
OMG Mary******MiMi in NC.....I had to laugh a bite when I read the last part of your post above. You know.....when I first got sick I thought I was getting the flu.....and I knew that it would be a few days and then I would be better....so I did not worry too much about it. Well, as time passed and I got NO BETTER.....I began to worry more about what was going on with me. All sorts of strange and weird thoughts about what *it* might be....and I was not getting any help from the doctor.....I tried several different medicines for a while with no relief.

So I finally decided that IF I just *forgot* about the illness that perhaps it would *go away* (I was hoping beyond hope)....but I did think that perhaps this would happen.
Nothing was working to help it so perhaps it was truly nothing for me to even worry about. That did not work though. And years have passed and I am still trying to cope better with it.

And then Nana B came along and all of us shared what might help all of us cope better. Nana B said that you have to figure out a way to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon*.....and OMG....how very true. We, FMers, must continue to keep on keeping on.....until we figure out just how to *dance with the dragon*.....and I know for sure that there is something out there that will help each and every one of us.....we just have to continue to search for it until we find the *right combination of tools* which will work for each of us. Will this be easy? Probably not. But we have to do it regardless....we have to do our own research and figure out what we will try....and IF one thing does not make a difference, then we move on to something else.

So hang in there....keep on keeping on. You will eventually find what works for you too.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist replied to rosielou's response:
you are welcome.

missist replied to dollbug's response:
I was just poking fun. Seemed like a better thing to do than sit out on my porch and wait for my hot tub to fall out of the sky.

BetteK replied to missist's response:
Mary, when you rain down hot tubs, grab one for me too. My brother and his wife have a spa on their deck. Boy is that great.

Unfortunately, our front yard is too public for a hot tub or spa and too close to the country road. The back yard has some wicked electric lines snaking across it. We've gone over and over the acre or so between the house and barn, but there is just no safe place to plunk down a patch of warm water. This is especially sad because our outside wood stove could easily heat the water.

And, of course, we cannot afford the expense.

But we can all dream.

BetteK

p.s. "Think away" the pain and fatigue for all of us. Think big.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Mary, I just had to smile while reading . It's so me .. it's all of us here. I'm done too, SOOOO WISH

And it's as MiMi said, from NanB.. we can either dance or drag .... I'd rather drag fm behind me rather than let "IT" pull me along.

We lead or we follow.. we dance or we don't .. I made up my mind years ago not to let "IT" run MY life. Fm is after all part mind control anyway.

I'm glad you stopped taking Gabapentin. The side effects you had seemed to make it worse to take it than for the help it might have done you. The side effects I have frm taking it were nothing like what you were going thru.. sorry the celerex is causing tummy issues. I stopped my seasonal doses of Gabapentin and feel great. but honestly it dose work for me when I need the most.

Have a good done. Thanks for today's good thought and smile.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

booch007 responded:
Oh what joy if we could be done with this. Like all those who have pushed the cart for 10 years or more now get to leave it behind!!

I could sell this dragon in a heart beat.......BUT: I don't want to catch anything else! This is enough for me, there are alot more risky and dangerous things out there. So then I will keep my dragon, I am getting used to his bite*.

What is that ole song "I've grown accustomed to your face..."
Well that is how I feel. I am in trouble I do my fixes and I am better and then I am in trouble and I do my fixes.....a round robin thing.

Ohhhh for the hot tub. A mandatory thing fro us, should be on the list of MEDS needed for relief!

Thanks for the laugh tonight, Nancy B

missist replied to booch007's response:
If I could get refunds for all the stuff that didn't work--I would probably have enough for a hot tub.

Well anyhow if any extra ones fall from the sky--I promise all you guys get one.

JustSandy responded:
I couldn't take celebrex. Those that can and find it helps it took the a couple weeks of using it. It caused severe memory loss for me

feelallthat responded:
Yes I wish too!!!!! I wish God would bring me home

missist replied to JustSandy's response:
wow.. really? I have such a bad memory already, I'm not sure I would know if that were a side effect. Never heard of that, interesting.

missist replied to feelallthat's response:
hmm.. well eventually he will. I guess though its probably not what he wants us to be thinking-- although I do think that at times too, I just sort of use it to help me deal with things as I know all things are temporary here--even chronic illnesses.