Skip to content
Prayers for my sister.
debrabrooks1960 posted:
My sister just found out she has breast cancer. She found a small pea size knot under her nipple. The doctor did a biospy and it came back cancer. She has to have a double mastectomy. She is devastated. All she can do is cry. I have tried to comfort her, but I guess it is still too soon. She had a scan yesterday to see if the cancer has spread to her lymph nodes. The doctor said the cancer was caught early but she has had cancer in one breast already. She had to have a big section of her breast removed and had to have radiation. Plus she has lupus. She is going through so much. I wish I could take her pain and cancer away, but I can not. Can you please pray for her? I know prayers will help her so much. Thank you all so much.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

booch007 responded:
Debbie,
We will for sure pray for your sister. Of all the cancers I would chose from I would pick Breast as it is the most successfully treated one.

It is frightening to hear the words cancer and to hear it twice. Be aggressive is the way to fight. They have that sentence that God doesn't give us more then we can handle...man, he gives some so much to hold*.

My heart aches for you, God bless, Nancy B

dollbug responded:
Hello Debbie.....so sad to hear about your sister. Tell her though that fighting cancer is *mind over matter*.....this is what the doctor told us when my DH had it.....they had no hope for him but he eventually got better and went back to work (although he was told that this would not take place) And it has now going on 20 years.....The doctors do NOT always know.....it is in GOD'S hands and we will all pray that your sister gets better.

May GOD comfort Debbie and her sister and provide them with courage and strength to face the days ahead.

Thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Take care and stay positive.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Debbie, will put her on my prayer list and definitely pray for her and for you to have wisdom to know how best to helpful.
mary

fibroinsd responded:
Debbie...so so sorry to hear about your sister..she will be in my prayers.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

missshortyd responded:
Prayers will surely go up for your sister and family

Linda

xperky responded:
Debbie, I'll pray for your sister. That is rough, but it is good she caught it early, as we all know. It may be especially hard for her to recover her energy after surgery, having Lupus too! I hope she will be in a situation where she does not have to push herself too early and create a new Lupus flare. Also, she should call her Lupus doctor to make him aware of the upcoming surgery in order to adjust her medications.

Hugs to you too, as you must be so worried.
With Compassion,
Margaret

rosielou responded:
Hi Debbie,

We will have you and your sister in our prayers. It sounds so intense now and I hope it will begin to calm down quickly. Our best to you.

Rosie

debrabrooks1960 replied to rosielou's response:
I want to thank everyone for their prayers. They must be working. My sister went to her doctor and she said this was not a death sentence. She told her once the breast is removed and she finishes her chemo, she should be cancer free. That gave my sister a lot of hope that things are going to turn out okay. She also met her chemo doctor and she really liked him. I think every thing is going to be okay. I hate she has to have chemo, but I want her to live a long time. She is going to live with me and my brother while she is having the chemo. That way she will have all her children and grandchildren within 5 miles of her.
Thanks again for your prayers,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

dollbug replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Hello Debbie....so glad to hear the *good news*....
My DH is a cancer survivor and the doctors years ago did NOT even expect him to survive. The doctors do not always know, even though sometimes we think that they do indeed have all of the answers....or at least should have them anyway.

Thoughts and prayers will continue though....for both you and your sister and the family as well. A positive attitude is also so very important. Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rosielou replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Debbie,

So happy to hear that great news! We'll keep on with our prayers for you and your family and look forward to more good updates.

Rosie

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.