TGIF***ROLL CALL***5/31/2013 ***
dollbug posted:
TGIF***and the last day of May...can you believe that tomorrow is the 1st day of June? My, how time does indeed fly by, especially when you are having so much fun. Life does get *funner and funner, which happens to be my *quote of the day*. MiMi in NC...where it is going to be a hot day here, with 20% possibility of showers. Sunday and Monday we will probably have more showers with 50 and 80% chance then.

My granddaughter has her ballgame tomorrow and they are working on the interstate which we need to get on to get to the game, so I am sure this will get quite interesting. Her games are about to end though. This seeing her every other week-end is a really long time. I am sure it is long for her as well. She gets to communicate with her dad though so that is a good thing. I think this has helped her a lot....just knowing she can talk to her dad through her Ipad.....the amazing technology that is now available to people is something. Who would have thought that this would have been possible years ago? There are good points and bad points and a lot of *unknowns* about it as well.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us...with little to no pain present.

So much going on around the world. I often wonder just why there is so many evil and wicked issues but I guess we should not be questioning anything that goes on these days. I know that in our issues I have often wondered if the *universe is calling out to us for some strange conclusion to be revealed*...most of what has happened has been unbelievable, to say the least. There must be a reason for this.

OK...welcome to the new members. On Fridays we have *Roll Call* and we hope everyone will stop in to say hello and to update the FMily on how things are going for you or to share whatever you care with us.

I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about how others have learned to cope...it is a trial and error process which does take time and effort. There are no quick fixes...that I am aware of. So it is important to keep on keeping on until you find the right combination of tools that will make a difference for you.

Vitamin D...my favorite thing to share...which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well. So be sure and ask your doctor to check this.

Here is hoping that everyone will have a good week-end...with lots of warm sunshine (natural Vitamin D).

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good TGIF to one and all. WOW last Friday of May. This month has sure raced thru. Sad to see it go , NOT, since it never lived up to it's SPRING potencil. It's going out nice and warm tho today.

I hope each of you is having a good day and are NOT dealing with pain or issues because of fibro. I also hope the weather is nice so you can enjoy your time out of doors.

It's going to be in the high 80's today. Clouds are rolling in and we will have some pop up rain showers later today. Nothing really strong until tomorrow and they are saying those will be, for sure, strong. Nothing like what the mid west is dealing with. My thoughts and prayers go out those facing bad weather, again.

Sill no hummingbirs. I hoped by now we'd have them back. We are seeing fireflies now at night. So nice to have them.Their blink, blink here and there makes dark night magc.

I will be heading out in just a few minutes to run errands that DH and I didn't get to yesterday. We did get alot done yesterday tho. DH starts his 3 day(s) off tomorrow and I figure if have errands done DH might be in for a movie and meal out if theres not a lot of things that we need to do.

But we do have a few simple need to do ' home improvement ' plans for the weekend. We need to get the yard ready for the visit to Nana's in 2 weeks. I have the inside ready, but know they will want to be outside some, so need to make it kid friendly. The two littlest ones, 5 and 6, are going to stay with me while their mom and dad go on their annual Cancun, MX vacation.

One project I want to do is add a nice small, two rows, of decrative block wall for the edge of the back garden. DH and I went yesteday to see what decrative brick might look the best. Found two we liked. Also found flowers, ground cover, we thought would look nice coming from the splits along the line. Am hopeful we can get it done by Sunday. Will be having the girls and family here on Father's Day and want everything done and ready for mom and dad's inspection . DD worries so about the little ones, like I havent raised a few small people in my life time. LOL

OK, will close this here. HAVE GREAT DAY.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

fibroinsd responded:
Morning..I am around...trying to read and catch up...Only a couple more weeks of work..DH and I are trying to make some plans for the summer..but I do know that my parents are waiting for me to be done with work, so I can go with them on several outings to check out assisted living..although we have done that before, and nothing has come of it.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

BetteK replied to fibroinsd's response:
Cece,

Assisted living is a big step and a loss of autonomy for your parents. Of course, they are waiting to find the place they can accept as a new home. And, also of course, they are waiting until they can no longer stay in their old, memory-filled home.

My mother decided, after her second widowhood to enter a senior citizen's apartment. She loved it. Somebody Else mowed the lawn and weeded the garden. Somebody Else shoveled the snow. Somebody Else washed the windows and replaced the smoke detector batteries. Mom was the designated driver for two of her sisters. They went everywhere. Mom was able to do this because she did not have the hassle of homeownership taking her time and energy.

BetteK

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
cece, I'm sorry that you're going hunting for assisted living places for your parents, again. I know it must feel like it's just spinning your wheels in palce with this issue and that, again, nothing will come of it. What brought up the subject?

You and I have talked about the subject of assisted living over the years I have gotten the feeling that neither one of your parents can really grasp the concept of moving out of their home into a new life at acare faculity. Although it would be, with the level of care they need now, best for them. And I for one would be glad to see it happen so you could step back and let others take over the physical end of their care.

You and have spoken about this over the years and having had been where you are, being the care giver for my blind MIL, I understand the need for you to have help, which you haven't had at all, all this time. You need a break with that cece and I wish it could happen for you.

Once my MIL was placed into a convenlencent hospital, California stepped in and just placed her because of her failing health and blindness, I was able to visit in the a.m, mid day, coming home from teaching 2 afternoon classes at the hight school just a mile up the road and again at night with Rudy and the girls.

The place was just a mile or so up the road from our house and the visits to check on her, rather than being the care giver, were so good for me. Between Rudy's trips there after work, his brother and my SIL's and me it was better than if she were at home. Once I was able to show those there that know she wasn't being dropped off and forgotten I felt better. I hope you find a place near where you live so that visits during the day will be possible.

Feel free to message me.. your in my thoughts...
Love and hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Thanks Linda...it is such a long story...last time we were at the doctor's at UCSD...she mentioned that it might not be safe for them to be home alone..and we need to think about going to assisted living..she doesn't even know about mom's alzehimers..but with dad's low blood pressure...he could fall..well, he does fall all the time..She did convince us to get him on a new pill...He had tired this once before, and hadn't done well, at that time..this time, he seems to be better...now that he is doing better..I am not sure what he will think..

We go back and forth...should we move in and maybe with better care, they would do better...or try to go to assisted living..the costs involved are so humongous..I hate to see all they have worked for going to pay for all this care...but that is how it is going..

Thanks for the support...We will see how it goes..cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

BetteK replied to fibroinsd's response:
Mary,

One of the problems with assisted living is that your folks seem to need different levels of care. I don't know about California, but here in NY that means different rooms in separate wings of the home.

That happened to our neighbors. They had been married for 60 years and never been apart. Suddenly they slept apart with different roommates. They ate their meals together. They visited each other during the day. But it just wasn't the same.

That is sad. I can see the need for separation if one enters a facility but the other stays home. Separation by level of care sounds so wrong to me. But what do I know?

So, yes, explore all the options. Do it now while this is not an emergency situation with none of you having a choice. Maybe this way you will be as lucky as Linda and her family in finding a home where you are able to visit regularly without making a major road trip.

These things do work out. And think of the essay you will write about "What I did on my Summer vacation."

Bette