Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
prayer request
missist posted:
Spent a couple days with my hubby, he is away working most of the time and comes home some weekends.

I'm seeing an unhappy pattern developing though when he comes here. I don't know what it is but he seems so negative. Its getting so that my time spent with him sets me back a couple days as I feel so sad and lonely.

He finds fault with things I do, with our kids, with the neighbors.. etc.

Obviously he is unhappy.

I've been praying so much for him to be able to come here to live but sometimes I think we're better off apart. I don't think this is a thing I can fix so just asking for prayer that God would somehow show me how to handle this or make him happier.

Thanks!
Mary

rosielou responded:
Mary,

Sorry to hear about your situation with your husband. Those kind of traveling and working scenarios can be difficult. Of course I will have you and him in my prayers.

Rosie

missist replied to rosielou's response:
thanks Rosie. we did talk a bit today via email and seems we 're ok again.

He had a pretty good job interview recently and thinks he may be offered a job in this area, but he works for a very good company that pays really well and he is vested and has some pension etc.. so he's not sure he should leave-- we're still talking about it and wont decide til they do call --assuming they will. But I think-- the 'trade off' of being able to live at home--is a very big thing--maybe one he is not fully realizing?

besides the expense financially it really does take a toll on us personally I think.

Well so another area to pray.

1wareaglefan responded:
Mary, I certainly will pray for you and your husband! I can only imagine how difficult a long-distance marriage would be. I'm sure he's under a lot of stress, and living apart is taking a toll on him (of course on you, too).

I'll pray that God will intervene in your situation and make it right, in whatever way that may be.

Hugs to you!
Elizabeth

fibroinsd responded:
MARY....my prayers go out to you and your DH. Sounds like things are stressful all around. I pray that he will open up to you and let you know what he is thinking..It is so hard, when you have no idea what the problem is...keep letting him know that you are willing to change to make things better, but that you need to know what to change..that you are there to listen..I know men can hold in all these thoughts..and you have no idea what is the real problem...my heart and prayers go out to you both..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug responded:
Hello Mary....thoughts and prayers are being sent your way for both of you. I am sure that a long distance marriage can take its toll on you both. It is hard on a *normal* person and I am sure it would be so much harder on someone with FM as we do not deal with stress in the same manner.

I hope things will get worked out soon for you both.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist replied to dollbug's response:
thank you everyone. nice to have folks I can tell things and know they will encourage.

debrabrooks1960 responded:
You and your husband are in my prayers. I really hope things will work out good for you both. Hopefully there will be less stress if he can get this new job closer to home. Ask him if he is unhappy. Try to get him to open up about his feelings. Maybe that will help too.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.