Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday ******6/3/2013 ******
dollbug posted:
Rain, rain go away....come back another day. Morning FMily....MiMi in NC and it is damp, really damp....I guess it has been raining for a while now. Furbabies decided that they did NOT like the noise they were hearing. They woke up and I think they need to go out....but that is not going to happen. They look at me like they think I can make it stop. That is not going to happen either. So I guess there will be problems, especially if it is like this all day. Anyway....at least it was nice yesterday.

Here is hoping everyone had a good week-end and that today will be a good day for us all as well. I have some errands which must be done today....as I have a deadline. So this is not going to be a good day for me, as I hate getting out in the rain. The good thing is though that my DH is here so he can drive me to where I need to go.

I have decreased my joint supplement recently. So far though I can not tell a difference. Interesting that I was taking less than what is supposedly required and getting by and now I have cut it back to just 1 pill a day and it seems to be ok so far. I hope this works for me.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which takes time and effort so hang in here with us, learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them cope better and soon you will find the right combination of tools for yourself. What is the saying about 2 heads are better than one....well....several must be even better....the more we know about the wrath of the dragon, the better it seems to be. We will all learn how to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon, as Nana B says. (I do like her phrase).

Vitamin D....now that warm weather is here for most of us....we should all take advantage of the natural Vitamin D that we can get by enjoying the warm sunshine felt. It is good for both the mind and the body. In doing research though I am not sure that anyone can actually increase their Vitamin D enough by just getting out in the sunshine every day.....especially if your level is really low. So be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked so you will know how much you need to bring it up so that it will be within the *normal range*....(this too just might vary) Do your own research on Vitamin D and figure out how to proceed. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Remember to pace, pace and pace some more. This is also a process which must be learned....so continue to find out just how much your body can do before it needs to rest. One of our oldie goldies here use to say....15 minutes work./15 minutes rest. I think we all have to figure out the *right combination that works for each of us*.

Here is hoping everyone has a good day. I guess I will have to pretend that I am a duck today....as I venture out.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone who is dealing with some *issues* today. I know that there are many right here on this site....as well as around the world. So much going on everywhere.

May GOD comfort those who need to be comforted and provide strength to those who are facing challenges. May GOD bless all of the needs that are before us.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi and Fmily,

Rainy Monday is what I have too....I LOVE IT: can't do anything and I have to go to work anyway....but it COOLED it down. I can't wait for the 70's to show up. Canada is sending us a package during today to tomorrow...YIPPEE!

I am starting to take it easy on me. Slowed down and did get some / most of the pool done without help and I was bitter again that it is my job...BUT accomplishment of the same is good chemistry. Trouble walking this morning, I did go barefoot quite a bit this weekend and it may be the cause. Back to supportive shoes this week and changing to a different pair eachday.

I am taking off next week for Olivia's birthday on Monday and will not feel BAD...I am doing too much and all in the office are going away and taking off and I am like a soldier: steadfast and working through the projects like crazy...BUT I want to be with my girl*.

So, I see the eye doctor today for that detachment of the vetrious I am still dealing with: lights still flashing and my vision is so different I never know which glasses to where! Right now I have on the bifocals and I am looking tot he computer with the mid reading section...to the reading part! The top for distance is no good anymore. CRAZY*...getting older has it's challenges and hurdles.

Hope to aim for a good low stress week and some laughter sprinkled in*..LOL. We'll see.

Have a good week all..........Hugs, Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday MiMi, Nancy and to all that will follow. I do hope that each of you has had a nice fibro issue and pain free weekend. I also hope that the weather has been kind to your ' neck of the woods ' and that your day will be a nice one.

The rain has stoppped here after a long, wet weekend because of the storms that rolled in from the west. No flooding or damage done but we had a few really dark, low clouds there over the weekend. Scary knowing what these storms had just done west of us in OK.

It will be 80 something today with clear skies. Nice. My kindda last days of Spring. DH is fishing as I type this. He's up by the Nashville Dam where the area is stocked every few weeks with trout. He ususally gets the limit and is a happy camper for a few weeks until he needs to go back and comune with nature ( fishing).

As for me I am taking it easy this a.m. with just my cup of decafe coffee and this lap top to keep me busy. I will however have to go out this afternoon to get my yearly heart exam. ( My heart is in good shape but since I don't know what killed my mother, we were estranged for 25 years, that I might or could have inhearited, even knowing that heart issues do not run in my family, either side. Sigh. ) I go to the Vanderbilt Heart Clinic that is attached to the hospital here for the tests and do the blood work at the hospital lab two doors down. Nice to have this so close. For years I had to drive 30 miles each way to get Vanderbilt quality and service.

Nancy, Speaking of things that one can- might or might not get from genes. I, like cece, wondered what you had posted about, having not read back each day. I went back and saw your post about your DIL and the baby that is on it's way. I was sorry to hear that your DIL may, may be having some issues with your new grand child to come. I agree with you that it's not set in stone. It's not a for sure. I'd be on the side of optomisum rather than thinking there is a problem when it's not for sure there is one.

I have 2 GC, my GS, who have health issues because of genes. But we had no idea that there would be any health issues while my DD's were carring the little ones and now as these little ones are growing up we see the problems and are addressing them. The little ones are none the worse for wear. I for one am glad that we had no clue that there might be anything down the road to deal with because there would have been " choices" offered which we would not have wanted to make. It's God's love that placed them here and we just having them with us to love and love some more.

MiMi, I had to post about the bone - joint(s). I had my bone density done a few weeks ago and my bones are getting stonger. I am only taking Tums 700 a day and Vit. D3. My Rhuemy is amazed that each year it just gets better by just doing so little. LITTLE?? OMG what D and Tums is doing is hugh. Making my done strong the natural way.. what's little about that I'd like to know?? And I just need one more bump up with bone strenght and I will be back in the normal range. I swear by D... For those who may doubt what it can do I am the poster child for it.

cece, beyond sorry that your weekend was so stressful. I know running around checking out assisted living places in SD can't have been good. I really, really, hope the right place finds you before you wear yourself out looking. As for moving in with your mom and dad .. Ahhh not such a good idea. You'll never get a break, I know that was my life for 18 years, you'll always be living your day their way, for them. The question we'll be asking after a while would be " Where's cece these days?" Your not asking for my advice but if you were it would be find a place for them near by you, if possible, and be hands on from a distance. I say this cause I've walked the path your on now and I care.

Okay, will close this here. Wishing each of you the best day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Good Morning all of you!
We have had a lot of rain last night and it is just overcast now. I was pretty tuckered yesterday and planned to make up ground today and get busy preparing for company.. Well my big dog was ill in the night and so I was up 5 times to let him in and out. And my little one hates to go out in rain--so decided to sneak in my room and do what he should not. hmm.

I am thus pretty tired. my head is a buzzing and vibrating and I'm just not sure what to do. I think the gabapentin was helping that--but I stopped using it due to those weird numb spells at night. Did get some numbness last night too again--but not the same.

I guess I'll just have to take this all as it comes and maybe that neurologist will be able to figure it out.

so my 'to do' list is shorter for today as I know I need to get a little more energy. I am going to get some groceries and a hair cut I think, but that may just be my sum total today--unless big dog doesn't feel better as the day goes on and I need to see a vet.

we shall see..
hope you all do well today!
Mary

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.