Sad Weekend Over
mayville posted:
The weekend with my friend with cancer is over. We had a fun visit. It's good that she still has her sense of humor. She's lost a ton of weight, has no hair, but she's still my friend that I love! I'll love her till the day she dies and then some. I wonder tho, has anyone had extra foggy days after an exhausting weekend? What have you done about it? I'm just super foggy and I just don't feel right today.
Next Sunday, our daughter is graduating from high school. Hmmm, another exhausting weekend coming up...Help!

missist responded:
Hi Mayville, the visit sounds like one you will treasure!
I always get wiped out from any kind of extra event--visits, going places, extra chores..
I just set my mind on spending a day or 2 or 3 just resting up-- doing bare minimum. Then I am fine again. (or my version of fine)

Summer weekends are that way, I'm pretty wiped now but have company coming early sat.. morning and it is VIP company-- my son's family including my friend--his wife, and 2 of my little grandkids--so until then-- bare minimum and getting ready.

Its worth it!

1wareaglefan responded:
Absolutely! I completely understand. You went through a very emotionally draining weekend, so naturally it's going to catch up with you. I've had that happen to me before....it might result in extra pain or extra fatigue and fog. I almost prefer the pain over the fatigue/fog. All I can do when that hits is rest for however long it takes. I know you won't regret having visited.

Take care,
Elizabeth

Anon_10089 replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
Yes, I often experience a worsening of symptoms after a difficult emotional time. Thankfully, my body usually holds up at the time, but then I'll crash. Now that I've realized this, I just expect it to happen. I'll try to rest more and most of all, not feel bad or guilty doing so!