Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
why?
JulesP posted:
I read someone on here claim how it is painful to wear jewelry. I discovered that a few yrs ago. I cant wear anything tight everything hurts. I am getting sick of hearing myself complain. I often wonder how great it will be to not be in these bodies and be a soul with no pain. I may sound morbid but when we suffer and suffer all day and night and there's no escape it is the only thing that keeps me going. Others are out and about enjoying life and I'm stuck hurting. Thank God I have a therapist who listens to all this stuff. I ask God why? I hope to know the answer someday.

missist responded:
I wouldn't say its 'painful' exactly.. but I find things uncomfortable --and somehow don't want to use them.

I think I've heard folks with MS have similar issues.

All very weird, maybe there will be a cure or better treatment coming?

In the meantime, we're here so we need to find things to be be happy about and thankful for-- it helps a lot.

dollbug responded:
Hello JulesP and welcome.....MiMi in NC. I can understand the reason you are asking WHY? But....I do not think there is a reasonable reply for this question. We, FMers, must deal with whatever we are handed....whether we like it or not. Having a positive attitude is really a very good thing for both the mind and the body as well. No need to continue wondering why we were blessed or cursed with the wrath of the dragon....we have to move on and learn how to cope with and do the best that we can possibly do.

I would encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. The best part about this is that it is really a *cheap* fix to getting the D level back within the normal range. I know though that my doctor told me that I would have to continue to take the supplements the rest of my life.

There are *tools* that might help you cope better....you just have to figure out what your body needs....as for me I have been down the medication way and was unable to find anything which helped me without causing other side effects....so I did my own research and found that vitamins and supplements, plus other things was my *toolbox* to use....we are all different though and what helps one FMer may or may not help you. Only you will know when you have found the *right combination* which works for you.

I take the following: Magnesium Malate, Fibro Response (found at vitamin stores) a good multi plus extra D...(I take the source one from walmart 50 ), Omegas, and P5P (now instead of Super B-just made this change a few weeks ago) .... I drink plenty of water (and mostly just water)....watch what I eat and do gentle stretches and/or exercises each day (GENTLE which is important). I also take hot showers and use Stopain Spray on places which will not ease up. (this is good stuff found at walmart for just under $8.) At night I take a hot shower using lavender bath salts so that I can rest better. Getting enough sleep is so very important for us FMers. (and the right kind of sleep is too).

I have also learned how to pace, pace and pace even more. It is better to do things in small time spans rather than cross the line....(do too much and you will surely pay for it).

Staying on a schedule of sorts is also important for me....going to bed and getting up around the same time is good....eating around the same time each day is also a plus....and taking my vitamins and supplements the same time is a good thing.

Sometimes.....little changes can mean a lot. You have to decide though what and how you want to proceed with doing everything. It does take a trial and error process to figure this all out.

So hang in here and learn all you can about what others do to cope better. I am sure you will soon find something which works for you as well. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* on this site and be sure and review the *member toolbox*.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

BetteK replied to dollbug's response:
Cory,

Do you honestly think that those with bad cancers won't ask"Why me?" Of course the answer's always one of two versions: "God gave you this because he knows you can handle it." and "We don't know why some people get sick, and some people don't."

All you can do is the best you can to live a meaningful life with your fibro. From this side of the screen, it sounds like you are finding ways to spend time with your family and with your dogs. You have accepted that your work environment is not perfect, and have done your best to make it better for you and your co-workers. You have plans to further your education as soon as your wife completes hers.

Sounds like a pretty meaningful, successful life to me. By checkking out some of the tips and helps here, you may make the painful portions of your life less so. In the meantime, take another look at the previous paragraph. You have all the good parts of life. You have and cherish a good family. You have a job you take pride in and are working to make it even better--not for just you, but for all who work there. This is called a management plan. And you have it.

So, Cory, dear, you do have a good life, after all. A little work on your fibro--self-help you can do on your own--and things will even be great.

Bette

mnjeepguy replied to BetteK's response:
This sounds as though it refers to me. If so thank you Bette. I must say I am a bit confused tough.

To JulesP , I struggle to stay positive at times but we have to. I find that if I take care of anything around me ASAP that causes stress or bothers me, it helps keep me positive. When positive I feel a bit better.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
461 of 536 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.