Skip to content
Tuesday *****6/4/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is cloudy today....we had showers yesterday off and on for a good part of the day. I was out in the weather running some errands which had to be done.

DH and I also went to my favorite little place for a pork chop sandwich....(don't do this but a couple of times a year)....it was so good. We had a good time even though the weather was not good.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

I wanted to share something that I learned this week-end. As some of you know my GD was reunited back with us in March, after not seeing her for 3 years. She informed me that this past Christmas she spent Christmas Day in a hotel. I continue to think about this and I find this to be so very sad. She was withdrawn from school and taken to a new state and town and then spent Christmas in the hotel room. For the most part in NC there is nothing opened on Christmas Day....(this is the only time when everything is closed)....how sad for a 8 year old to spend Christmas.

Anyway....her birthday is in July and I am actually going to plan something really nice for her....something that she will remember be a good 9th birthday. A child has but one childhood to enjoy and when it is gone....it is gone....with only memories to cherish.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's all. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi & Everyone who posts later today..

Well I am doing pretty good today. I decided to try taking a lower dose of gabapentin and spacing it out-- one in am one in pm--to see if it would have less of those weird side effects. I did feel some odd things in my sleep last night--but not to the point of it being scary. So that was good. I woke up and noticed right away it was easier to stand up and get moving. One area that has been difficult for me lately is my knees--especially the right one. They hurt like crazy when I stand up--noticed that is not the case today--so far. So that's awesome.

Took my big dog back to the vet yesterday and he again must have that big plastic cone on his head. They gave him a shot and I have to put neosporin on his owie now--it is healed most of the way as best it will considering the bite he had and that he lost some of the skin. I think when all is done it will maybe not be noticed or will e very small. He is a beautiful dog-- a white German Shepherd strikingingly pretty, but also terribly skittish about vets and this is the 3rd time he's been attacked by other animals. This owie I've been dealing with for over a month! it was a bad bite and difficult to heal. Anyhow he is always a handful at the vet so I'm glad that is behind me. I think it may be our last trip for dealing with this thing.

Talked to my daughter in law, she's been very ill, but looks like she will be well enough for them to make the trip here, God Willing-- we should see them Saturday morning. My little grand-daughter Ruby has said she wants to walk my little dog -Paco (chihuahua) on a leash when she comes. She's never met him, only seen pictures. Paco is a favorite of my little grandkids--he loves to give little kisses and the little people love him. Mojo is just too much dog for kids under 3 or 4-- he's 105 pounds--so kind of like a horse to them. Usually I just keep him at a distance, he tends to accidentally knock toddlers over.

So just handling I think--probably better than usual for me. My head still feels like a gong, but I'm feeling more positive about my meds and upcoming trip to the neurologist and also realizing my family does not care if I have the house and yard perfect or lots of money to spend when they come visit--they actually just like to see us.

What a nice thing that is to remember.

Have a good day-- love Mimi's advice: pace, pace and pace even more. Gotta teach that one to my daughter, she made herself ill cleaning last weekend, I well remember doing that kind of thing. no more.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I have been on here reading but didn't get time to post until now. I have been feeling decent the last few days. Yesterday after work I was out mowing and cleaning up the yard. Later Christine, the boys, the dogs and I made it out for a shorter walk by the big lake.

Today I had to help my oldest sister's good boyfriend change the alternator on his little work truck. My long skinny arms work good for auto work:) It went pretty good and he drove off a happy man.

It is still silly cold here. We had two freeze warnings at night in the last two weeks. It's tough to get tomatoes growing. There are few flowers in bloom yet and the trees are just starting to get green. I am hopeful for warm weather soon.

I found a nice old truck and bought it on Saturday. I still have my Jeep for play, but It isn't the most practical daily vehicle. The truck is actually better on fuel and more comfortable.

Mimi, your a very good grandmother. I know you will create wonderful memories for your GD and the rest of your family with your big heart.

Missist, I hope you have a great visit with your family.

Take care everyone,

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hi Cory.
Been keeping you in my prayers!
We just got a pickup truck recently too- we have been using jeeps only for a while now. I still have my jeep but hubby gets a nice truck now.
I think trucks are better for hauling most things, although I do get a lot of use from my jeep.

Mary

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.