Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A little better today
mayville posted:
Good evening!
I was still pretty foggy today, but, I felt a little more like myself. Pain is still hitting the top of the scale, tho. I just got another denial letter from S.S. Disability today. Can anyone suggest anything? Maybe someone knows of a decent lawyer firm in the Milwaukee, WI area? The lawyer I have now is worthless.

Sleep well my dear friends!

dollbug responded:
Hello Mayville....sorry that your SSD was denial again....as I do not know the circumstances of why you were denied...I would certainly have your attorney to appeal the decision. I know that when I got denied I contacted my local representative and eventually I got approved. It still took a long time for me to be approved. They company that I worked for had laid me off right after I had filed my 2nd worker's compensation claim. In fact, I was laid off 2 days after I had my first left hand surgery. I had good benefits too. I had disability insurance which should have been processed but the company decided that they would not process it since I had filed the worker's comp claim. Later on the company denied my claim and the state agreed with the denial. It is sad that the system is allowed to do this to people who are no longer able to work.

Now....I do not know how long you have worked or how long it has been since you worked last or your age....but I do know that all of this somehow can play a role in the way the disability claim is processed. The system is badly broken and the government wants to make it as hard as they can on those who apply in hopes that they will give up.

If you worked long enough though and it has been less than 5 years since you worked then you should continue to appeal the decision.

I hope things will work out for you as it is enough stress in dealing with the wrath of the dragon each day....without the worry of anything else.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
mayville, I agree with MiMI, the system is badly broken. I am so sorry that your have gotten another denial letter. It's sad when we, those who earned the benifets from SSD, have to fight for it. It's never an easy process to get onto the rolls and those with fibro seem to have a tougher row to hoe than those with other work stopping illnessess. I'm really sorry you are going thru this.

As for your lawyer not being any good I'm sorry you had to find that out by not getting onto the SSD rolls. I do hope you are able to find a lawyer somewhere near you to apply again for SSD benefits.'

Gentle hugs, Linda R

missist responded:
mayville--I have a cousin in racine who has lupus and she does some kind of independant living thing-- I wish I had a better memory. I could see if I can get hold of her and ask for her reccommendation--I have a feeling she might know something useful.

Might take a little time to get hold of her-- I mainly socialize with her via facebook--so don't have contact info. but I'll message her and hopefully shell answer soon.

Mary

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.