Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF*****ROLL CALL*****6/7/2013*****
dollbug posted:
TGIF*****ROLL CALL******and a good morning to each of you.
MiMi in NC.....where it is really wet......OMG.....the faucet it still running.....and it will be running for some time.....I guess we will have much more rain through several more days......do not know where all of this rain will go.....no doubt there will be lots of flooding in some places.

So much going on in this country.....BIG BROTHER is really watching everyone, or so it seems. GOD HELP AMERICA......as it struggles to function now. This is all I am going to say about this. I do hope those of you who believe in prayer will pray daily and earnestly for our country though.....as I think this is really and truly needed.

My GS is really sick this morning and my DD and her DH have court dates.....so I can not post much since I have to get ready and take my GS to the doctor. He had an ear infection and I am afraid it did not get completely better and he has had a relapse. He told me DD that he hurts all over. I hope he does not have the flu. Not something that we need to share. Thoughts and prayers for him and our family would also be appreciated.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group.....sorry that you were forced to find support in dealing with the wrath of the dragon.....but I know that you have found a good FM support group and I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process.....so hang in here with us and learn all you can about what and how others cope. There is something that will also help you cope better but you have to find the *right combination of tools*.

Vitamin D.....be sure and speak to your doctor about Vitamin D level which is so important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Wet Friday in June.

I hope the sun is shining somewhere so that some of you can enjoy the warm rays which is so good for the mind and the body.
The rest of us will just have to wait until the sun decides to appear again.

Have a great day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi to Mimi up there in NC where the weather is apparently about the same as it is here in SC. Wet wet wet.
Hi to all that will follow.

I know I overdid yesterday--I'm having company for the next week beginning tomorrow. So-- cleaning. I mainly worked on my sun room & guest room/bath. The sun room did me in. All those windows had slobber on them about the height of my 1 y/o grandson (today is his b-day! Happy Birthday Jake! ) So, my other almost 1/yo grandson arrives tomorrow with his family, inclluding my Ruby age 3.5 going on 30. LOL She is smart! i thought it would be nice if they could look out the windows before Mr. JT puts his own slobber on them.

I washed upholstery and carpet too-- and I am a little messed up this morning of course. I did pace myself a lot yesterday but my to-do list is endless. So what should take a couple/few hours took me about 9 with lots of sit downs in between parts of chores.

I am resigned to it being the way it is today. I can't make it better or skip my chores.

Still need to work on my art room down stairs where some more guests will bed down later in the week . That room is a mess!

My daughter is coming over around 10 and will help me a little but she only has a small amount of time.

Such is life. I'm excited to see my son's family tomorrow. Its a long ways for them an difficult to manage-- 2 little ones on a 5 hr drive to the airport and then a 5 hour plane trip. (might be 2 plane trips--I'm not sure what their tickets are)
I hope the kids sleep.

Their time zone is 3 hours different than ours so for them it will seem like 3 am when they land, for me 6 am.

So anyhow I am sore a little but stiff and NUMB even more. I really do not understand this numbness but that is the main reason for my coming neurology appointment--its just weird.

I think much of it is from my spine arthritis--but not sure that explains the head/face issues. Doctor thought I need to find out.

So it is as I said--wet wet wet here and I have a lot to do--just waiting for the coffee to get in and the stiffness to ease up.

Have a great weekend! Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good TGIF everyone. I hope your day is starting off well and that it's a good day for you. Wishing each of you a good day and one that will be filled with sunshine and warm temps. I KNOW that isn't going to be possible for those on the East Coast. I also hope that your day will be one where you will deal with few, if any, fibro issues or pain. Again, I know that can't be true for all those here either.

Mimi, sorry to hear your little GS is dealing an ear infection. I have been dealing with one these past few weeks and know how they can make you feel. Here's wishing him a quick recovery from it so he can begin to enjoy the warm summer months.

As for summer weather, it's feeling muggy already. Warm and sticky. UGH. I guess it's from our getting the outer bands from the TS going up the east coast today. We have had lite rain here and there the past few hours, some chances for more later today. But nothing like the east coast will get. Sorry about that. I called my DD in Hubert, NC to see if she were at risk for high tides, etc., flooding. No, she thinks not. But from my GS's bedroom window you can see the inlet. like just right there. So if water rises, they'll have to leave.. that close.

Went to my PCP appointment yesterday. Got the #'s back on the lab work I did Monday for the heart Dr. The #'s aren't bad, peruse, but they aren't going down. So they know they have to do something, besides, my eating better, etc., and they can't put me on statins.. so guess what? I get pharmacy mega Fish Oil. How cool is that? LOL .

MiMi, as for the state of the country.. I agree: a lot of what made this country great, is broken. Things that were so good as a kid growing up aren't there for my GC. As for the Government using info / collected data from internet connections. Blame the Patriot Act, which I for one fought against.. but since 9/11 nothing we used do can be done the same as it was. Maybe if this collection of data had been done better, made some sense, they'd have seen those two killers planning to place bombs in Boston. So perhaps, down the road these ' tools' the Goven't is learning to use, may be a real help and keep us safe down the road.

Not a lot planned for my day today. It's muggy, over cast and dreary and I'm not feeling in the mood to run out into. I have no real errands to run so staying put feels right today. I do need to get my nails done.. it's always the last thing I think about, so perhaps in a bit I will head out and get myself into a chair at the nail spa as part of my day.

Okay will close this here, sending wishes to all, that this be your best day every.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Hello Everyone - Happy Friday!

A rare day off allows me to visit this morning. It's cold and raining, with more rain to come. TS Andrea will bring her icky weather later today. I hope you all get your free donut today!

I've been busy with work, balancing two clients and a regular life. My work for local non-profits has suffered, but it's free, and they shouldn't kick, right? LOL

It looks like we're in the hand basket going to... you know. I don't understand why they feel they're SO special and should know everything we do and say, everyone we talk to and what we talk about. I believe there's more to this than we know, and it won't come out until the current administration is long gone.

I'm off to do a couple of errands, then meet a friend for lunch. I wish you the best days you can possibly have!
Lou

fibroinsd responded:
YEA...thank goodness it is Friday this time !!!

I must go work out...be back later.

Mimi..I hope and pray all went well at court today..and that your GS is doing better..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Friday to all!
It has been a long week for me. I ended up with the stomach flu Tuesday. It has totally wiped me out until today. I finally started feeling back to my normal self today. My sister seems to be doing well. She see's the surgeon next week that will remove her breast. She has a much better outlook now. I really think all the prayers for her is working.
We were lucky here with the tropical storm. We got just rain and some wind. But not much. I think we will get more rain tomorrow than we did from the storm.
I hope every one will have a wonderful weekend. Soft hugs to all.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.