Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Jan's Update... Hi All!!!
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
Hi All... Isn't it just wonderful to be alive!!!???

I can't say life is perfect... But I am happy as can be... My X-DIL that was staying with us is hopefully gone... Her husband came over yesterday and they left for someone's house last night... After of course more hard feelings... But she used the kids this time... Who seem ok with it... She sent my 2 grandchildren in to ask their dad if her husband could join our happy family for a while... The answer was no... Deal wa he was suppose to have her out of here by the 5th... he was a day late... she wa pretty gutsy... or stupid... which ever you look at it... .................so she left all angry.... But it felt like the stress was immediately lifted... Even the kids looked happier... Daddy was happy again...

I had a long week doctoring... Only days off were Tuesday and today... Both days I had to babysit so no rest tho... .today my son has his epidural... I have to get him up in less then an hour...

So this is my time to myself... I thought I would let you know I am hanging in here... Went to my new endocrinologist yesterday... She is great except she didn't get my meds called in right away... outside of that she was very caring about my cyst and says I am a definite candidate for the insulin pump... we will apply for it in a couple of months when the new meds are doing better...

And I get to go to my daughters... So she is coming to get me o the 17th and we will drive to her place on the 18th for her husband only has 2 days off... Hopefully he is keeping a few of the kids so I can take my commode wheelchair and walker... all without tearing them down... lol... Of course I won't tear apart my wheelchair lol... I will use it... I got out to go to Walgreens to get my meds day before yesterday and fell again using my cane... I told my girlfriend we will bring my chair next time lol... I don't tend to fall out of it lol...

I am in a good mood this morning... Feeling fairly good... Hardly ay pai with my meds... I love it... Taking forever to write this for I am also talking to my daughter thru texts on my phone lol... She is ready to come get me now lol... but I think I have 1 more appointment and I have blood tests to take due close to the 14th... just can't go early...

I hope many of you feel as well as I do... Ad if you don't I send you my best wishes and prayers... Thanks for listening to me and being here... take care.... love to all... Jan/Dakota

dollbug responded:
Hello Jan.....yes....it is good to be *alive*....MiMi in NC....and it is still wet, wet weather here.....it is predicted that we will be like this until next week sometime.....OMG****my body hates this kind of weather....the past several times it has rained here my hands have pained really back....and yes....I do think it is the weather.....as my back also acts up as well. I do not exactly understand as to why but the weather definitely makes a difference.

I do want to comment about one if your issues....your ex DIL....you know Jan....sometimes no matter what you say or do to help some people....there are some people who are NEVER SATISFIED regardless.....sounds like she just might fit this type of person. Some people you can give then an inch and they *take a mile*.

I am glad that you will be able to spend some time with your daughter and her family. I hope all goes well with your visit. Try to remember to pace, pace and pace even more....as you know just how quickly we can overdo....actually before we know we have crossed our line. So please be careful.

I hope things will soon settle down for you and that you will feel much better.

Take care and good luck.....post when you can

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
Good to hear from you Jan..you sound more like your "ol' self"...and that is good...so glad the x-DIL left..I know your son feels put in the middle trying to do the right thing..but I hope he learns to set boundaries with her..ugh..what a pain..and I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter and her family..I hope it all goes well...hang in there ...you are doing good..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Dear Jan,
I am glad your ex DIL left. I have had a few friends and relatives like that! It is such a wonderful feeling when they leave.I hope you have a wonderful time at your daughter's. Sounds like it will be a good break for you. Take care of yourself while you are gone.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

missist replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Hi Jan, welcome back. Been praying for your family stress and your health. so happy to hear things are improving with both.
mary

xperky responded:
Hi Jan, and it's good to hear you sounding cheerful. Isn't it wonderful when the toxic people in our lives go away for a while? LOL.

Be careful out and about! It does sound like a cane is not enough to rely on. I know the wheelchair is cumbersome. How about using the walker instead of the cane for quick, short walks? No good falling down

Have a great visit with your daughter. You have such wonderful family members.
With Compassion,
Margaret

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.