Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****6/8/2013*****Still damp and wet in NC*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC.....where it is still a wet mess all around and more rain is expected for several more days.....feel like we should be ducks. I have had enough of this kind of weather. I thought this type of weather was only in places like Seattle or Florida.....where it rains almost every day. I will be glad when it all passes through and the sun decides to return.

The weather actually interfered with my plans to get some small projects finished while my DH was on vacation. We were not able to accomplish them though so I guess they will continue to be on my list of things to do. We have to laugh though since every time he is on vacation it seems like it rains. We did not plan a vacation this year due to court dates.....and now they say that the airlines are going to up the charges for people's bags......I guess they want to nickel and dime people to death......it is sad that first the gas did this and now the airlines are doing the same thing.

So much going on in this country.....as people just struggle to make ends meet. It is sad that everyone wants to take advantage of people. Our country is not what it use to be, that's for sure.

OK.....enough on my soap box. Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us.
I hope the sun is shining where you are and you can enjoy good weather. Be sure and get some of the natural Vitamin D when and if you have a chance to......as it is so good for the mind and the body as well.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the *right combination of tools* which will make a difference for you......so hang in there and keep on keeping on until you have solved the puzzle.

My GS had another ear infection in his other ear and he was really sick yesterday. I hope he will feel better by tomorrow....as the doctor said he should in a couple of days.....my DD and her DH's cases were continued in court. Thanks to any thoughts and prayers being sent our way. I can only just continue to hope and pray that soon all of this *mess* will be resolved. I hope this does NOT take another 2 years but so far.....it is looking that way.

That's my story and I'm sticking it. Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday MiMi and to those who will follow. I hope your yesterday was good, that today is even better. I do wish each of you a sunny day with warm temps and cool breezes. I also hope, for each of us, that this day lets you be fibro issue and pain free.

It's sunny here and getting warm after a day of pouring rain at times and over cast sky all day. It was really muggy last night tho even after the rain stopped. I went out to get my nails done, yea that, and the sky was clear and so late summer ish. Today no rain, no mugginess, but tomorrow a good chance of rain again. As for tomorrow I had wanted to do out of door things when the family comes to visit. So I do hope the rain will hold off until after she leaves with the GC

DD is bring the toys, clothes, etc. for the little one's visit with me the week of the 20TH. DH and I have arranged the back yard so that the littlest one, 5, can't get into anything or get hurt while out there playing. I'd be so worried if I thought he might get hurt and his mother and dad were out of the country. So an ouch of prevention as it were.
Am so happy too that I will also have my 2 older grandsons here at the same time, which will make the house loud with happy children. A wonderful sound to my ears anytime.

Nothing planned for my day today as I got what I needed last night while out. Perhaps a trip to SALLY's for a nail file and see what's on their shelves. ( This is a new store for the city I live in. I usually travel up a city or two to shop there. ) As you can see a very, very low keyed day for me. Which is fine with me as well.

I started on the mega fish oil yesterday and am none the worse for ware. I had to laugh when DH said to me " So this fish oil will help your cholesterol then and what about your
memory?" Hmmm, help with Fibro Fog; now there's a thought. I'll keep you posted, if I remember to that is. LOL

MiMi, sorry about the rain. It's moved out from here now and looking to be a good day over all sunshine wise. Wanted to ask you: how did court go yesterday for your DD? I thought she had a court date and I hope it went as it should, for her. I do wish they'd trip that ex cop up and turn the tables on him. Really doesn't sound fair that she's going thru this and it's all lies and trumped up things. I keep her, her DH and you and the family In prayers.

Cece, I just FOTFL when I read your post. I have had so many days of " Oh c#$% you mean it's only ?? " One day to long on one side of the week than I could handle I guess. I hope you are able to recoup and recover this weekend.

Cory, hope the weather has become spring like now. I think about you when my cousin posts on fb. His pictures are of snow and dreary skies.. this late into the Alaskan spring-summer is way off.

Lou, great to see a post from you. So glad your job(s) are going well and as for the volunteer one, hey, it's good you still have time to offer your help. They should be aware of that and Thankful.

Mary, sorry about the rain.. We had some, some real down pours, but nothing that we'd call bad here. Wishing you sunshine soon.

Will close this here. Everyone have a wonderful day/ weekend.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

BetteK replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda,

You are so very lucky to have a little one to cherish. I thought I would become a ready-made grandmother and greatgrandmother while my ds was dating a lady with a grown daughter. Things are cooling off there, though.

We all need your gentle hugs. Maybe especially so in these late spring rains and ever-changing weather.

Bette

fibroinsd responded:
augh...another long day with mom and dad...so so tired of all this..dad was feeling better by the time I left about 3:30...got to get them in assisted living..I am so tired of dealing with this..

Linda..glad you got a kick out of my ..not-TGIF...for sure that was one of those moments..

Mimi..hope all is ok..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.