Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday *****6/9/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where the rain has stopped.....at least for now....actually I think perhaps the weather people got *slightly confused or something*....since the sun came out yesterday here and no signs of rain. I was indeed happy....the grounds are so darn wet though it will take several days of sunshine for it to dry out again. My yard needs mowed now but that will not happen either until it dries out.

Anyway....DH and I did get some errands done yesterday and he also took me to *spot the owls*....we were indeed able to see but one....at a distance. According to the media there are several in a gardens back in the woods and people can walk through this area. There were pictures taken of them (2 anyway) and they were really good. I have only seen an owl one time and he was perched on a ladder in a man's open carport. I have a very weird fondness of owls....do not know exactly why but Owls are special birds to me. (I do not know if I have shared on the board). It is interesting just how *some people are attracted to something*....and I also love lighthouses....again, I have no idea just hwy.

Next weekend we will have my GD and it is father's day....so I am so thankful that she will get to spend some time with her dad. No more ballgames after today either. This will indeed be a special time.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest....I did NOT....I woke up around 2 and again around 5 and finally up around 8. Not my kind of quiet and restful night. And it wasn't even bad weather....so I am not quite sure where the blame goes for this.
(It has to be *something*).

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something which will work for you to cope better. So hang in here and learn all you can about what others do or have found that has made a difference in the journey with the wrath of the dragon.

As Nana B says....you must learn how to *dance with the dragon...instead of draggin the dragon*.....it is all a process and it does take time and effort to accomplish this.

I am having an easy lunch today....tacos....I guess this is a good thing since I am already really tired, which goes along with not sleeping enough. Perhaps *stress* could be a factor.

It is being reported that people are getting obsessed with the iphones.....I am thankful that I do not have one. Soon everyone will be *tracked* since I think the phones are good source of doing this. Funny that there use to be no cell phones and computers....exactly just how did people get along without them?

Enjoy your Sunday today and remember to pace. I hope you can perhaps get some natural Vitamin D....which a lot of us know just how important it is for our bodies and our minds.

That's all folks.....until next time.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
It's a rare early morning post for me today. I was able to catch up on posts since Wednesday. It was absolutely beautiful yesterday. It was the second time I was outside without a jacket for part of the day.

We took a long walk in the morning and I cut the grass and one of my clients. We stayed outside all day. Today is supposed to be our turn for some rain.

I wore my self out by noon so I took it easy after lunch. We BBQed for dinner, and later some family over to sit around the fire pit under the clear sky. Aside from two attendees that were a little loud, it was very nice.

I have to try to get out before long and cut up some fire pit wood I get free from work. The rain is supposed to kick in after noon.

I hope you all enjoy the day. Take care everyone.

Cory

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good morning all... My post took me over 2 hrs to type lets hope this one is quicker lol... My hands are bad today... But my mind is active and crazed lol...rather in hyper mode lol...

It is way too hot here these days... 111 yesterday... having a hard time with the days... and nights don't cool down fast enough... lol... or enough lol... I could do with some of that rain Mimi... lol... but i AZ we just see this dry heat... ad heat it has been...

I was up before 4 this morning and had a scattered night... awake a lot... My girlfriend who has been staying with us is concerned I don't rest... I told her the dr's are trying to deal with it but the dr who has me on my sleeping pill had to reduce it from 150 to 50 for the company won't pay for that amount anymore... I was just beginning to sleep 2-3 hours at a time... now I am back to 20-30 minutes again... which meas day ad night no rem sleep... no real sleep... It is killing me but what can I do... In 2 days I ca add Melatonin... I think that is what it is called... She said they are compatible and should work well together... But she wanted to see what 50 mgs would do... they did alright lol... Right into insomnia lol...

But my spirits are still high... pain levels still manageable... So I am ok... could use some rain instead of this 111* heat... Ad that's not what it "feels like"...

I curl up with my tablet ad a good book... They are so much cheaper e-book style lol... And I joined a club that sends you a list of books to choose from every day... a couple free... a couple 99 C or under $3... Yesterday was the first day I didn't download one... I have really enjoyed them and 99% of mine have been free...

My bedroom is the coolest room in the house and that is A-OK with me lol... So this heat has me hibernating and staying cool.. If anything happened to our air tho... I would be sick... the extreme heat makes my legs hurt something fierce and me extremely weak... Wow we are having a cool spell today... it is only suppose to be 108*... lol...

Well... now that I have warmed you all up... I will close... hope you all have a great day... I have some blisters on my figers that need my attention... gotta go take med and soon get out of the heat... love to you all... take care...

love... Jan/Dakota

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday morning MiMi, Cory and all who will follow.
I hope your today is going well and that it will a very nice day for health and weather wise.

Short post this a.m. DD and family are heading down from Nashville to set up the rooms for the little ones visit with us. I am pretty much ready for them but need the ' extra ' feels like home touches only their mom can make.

Got an invite from my oldest DD to go to Akins, SC. She's on a rowing team up in Nashville and they have competition races with other states and their having one, Saturday the 22ND in Atkins, SC. But it's for the same weekend DD and hubby are heading to Cancun, MX Am considering going as it's a one time thing for me... the kids will like the time at the ' pond' and will get to stop @ IKEAS, in Atlanta, for some over due shopping. A win - win for me.. but DD isn't to happy about it.. wanted the little ones in one place.. my house. Not on the road. I'd like to go, think it would be great, but may get stuck here instead.

Cory your day sounded so nice. Glad weather wise it's getting better.

MiMi, sorry about the rain there, again. We had a good yesterday as well and today go up to thunder, lightening and rain. It's dry now, but damp as can be. Wanted to have DH bring the 1929 Model A out of the barn so SIL could learn to drive. Doesn't look as if that will happen with a very damp back yard.

Okay, will let you go here. Have a wonderful day everyone. I hope it's one that doesn't find you dealing with fibro issues or pain.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

booch007 responded:
Morning check in fmily,

Beautiful out 60's on the patio but 100 in the sun! HOT as you can see.......The pool is almost open and you are invited!!

I just can't get the motor turned on, first thought it was the circuit and chck (OK) then I retwisted the power line///(CHK) so I don't know what is the issue. Waitning for DH.

Rain was amazing the last two days but our home is on a hill so the water passes us . Hoping always it never takes the house with it!

I have shots tomorrow and can use them, not too bad though for the things I have done. Must be the better weather keeping me together. Or just luck, I have given up trying to figure this out.

You can do nothing and be in trouble...or push the limit and sneak on without a glitch, So silly a disease this is.

We had Olivia's birhtday party last night...oh to see her in princess high heels and beads all over her neck all dressed up. Her Sis Madelyn also has a birthday to the end of the month so she got her gifts too.....Ubcle Tom gave them a "tangled wig that comes with other things...well SHE wasn/t taking that off!
So cute this distraction God has given to me.

Tomorrow after shots I head back to Olivia's for her school part at her house 15 children...I am bring the bouncing castle***(good stuff)
Put in a word for us that the rain stays away til after the party is over...(they have a white rug in the basement!! I see a disaster waiting to happen.....OK off to WOOFSTOCK today: Tom(the deli owner) has a food table and he needs help selling so I offered to help (since the pool is a dead end here...)

This is a day "FOR THE DOGS" in our town...it is cute and alot of learning and sharing of common interests for people, vets are there teaching, behaivorist come out and ASPCA is there and animal for rescue as well.. Good community stuff. I just have to watch how much I stand and little stretching forward..

Hope to stop by here tomorrow.

Have a good day all...hoping the sun is out where you are and you are out in the fresh air "being distracted"....Nancy B

BetteK responded:
All of you sound like you've truly enjoyed your Saturday and hopefully your Sunday, too. That's great.

We had a weed the garden party this afternoon followed by a fresh ham dinner in a much too hot kitchen. But the food was good, the company was good, and we survived the heat.

Hopefully, hubby will learn to save that type of dinner for the fall and let us use the grill in the meantime.

Son's girlfriend has been using his truck to clean out her deceased parents' house. Friday the truck broke down. We'll see what happens when he tows it back home. I hope I'm wrong, but I think she's just been using him. Time will tell.
Pray that I am wrong. Please.

Have a good Sunday evening and Monday, all..

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.