Skip to content
Monday ****6/10/2013 ****Happy Birthday Nana B****
dollbug posted:
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday Nana B.....
Happy Birthday to you and many more.

Morning Nana B and FMers....Nana B....here is hoping you will check in today and see this. I hope today it right on this.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and that today will be a great day for all of us, with little to no FM pain.

MiMi in NC where it is cloudy and rain is expected again....did I say more rain??????? Like NC really needs any more.

Well, at least we got a little break this week-end and my GD was able to have the last ball game. She can really hit a ball now. She is her dad's little girl....in more ways than one. She is also a tom boy. Not the little girlie girl that I had hoped she would grow up to be. Perhaps this is actually a good thing though. I think she will take up for herself which is a really good thing. She is so happy when she sees her dad and she has changed so much since March. What a HUGE difference I can see myself. It is such a good difference also.

I was surprised last night what I saw on 60 minutes....do not know if anyone else saw this or not....but to hear what doctors have told about hospitals....being *forced* to admit patients into the hospital and run all of these tests just for the money....OMG...makes me never want to even go back to see a doctor or to go to an ER. Now....do not get me wrong....these are the CEOs of the hospitals who are demanding this of the doctors or get FIRED, if the numbers are not where they want them to be.

They were discussing for people over 65 this kind of thing can really be dangerous for people's health....since people can actually pick up other things while in the hospital. I tell you there is so much *CORRUPTION and COVER UP* in this country....which I already knew some of it....and now this.

If you did not view it....then you might want to google 60 minutes and see if it is available on the internet....everyone should see and hear this. This kind of thing is certainly not a good thing for the public to know. There are people who hate going to doctors as it is and now this.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does takes a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools* that will work for you and make a difference in the way you feel.

I do urge new members to be sure and learn all you can about Vitamin D and just how it might affect your level of pain. So much information about Vitamin D and how important it is for a lot of people these days.

Well....that's enough out of me for today. I know there are others who have all sorts of *issues* going on here. I hope things soon get better for all of us.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Good Monday to All!

It's overcast in SE New England today, they're saying it will go up to 70? later and be raining - again - by 4pm. All the rain we've had has kept the flood watch in effect. I can see the rain on the weather map - UGH!

So DH and I are watching some recorded TV last night when something came down the stairs and flew through the living room and into dining room. As the words "what the he..." we coming out of my mouth, DH says "it's a bat!" The darned thing went thru the DR, came back into the LR and went upstairs. I grabbed the ipad and googled "there's a bat in my house" (not very helpful in a panic BTW). I never saw it come down the second time, and started reading what Google found when he yelled "I got it!" from the kitchen. Long story short - he had grabbed the first thing he found to catch it in, and I no longer have my fave Tupperware cake keeper! He whacked the darn thing, it fell to the floor and he put the cake keeper over it. I called the police, who called the ACO, who came out at 10pm to get it. Less than 1/2 hour had gone by, but I stayed on the sofa for an hour, freaked out. DH went to be basement and got some plastic, which he stapled across some broken ceilings, left over from outside renovations we had done. I'm afraid there's another one!

Has everyone seen Google today?

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... Happy birthday Nana B...Hope you have a joyful and peaceful day... That's what I always want for my birthday... And with a open mind usually get...

I have fallen asleep at the keyboard for 2 hours now lol.. I think I should have chose to go back to bed lol... but then I Would have slept thru my alarms... I have 2 to wake me now and still sleep thru them if I am not in light sleep... I am falling asleep again... guess it will be a sleep day... plus I am parkinson jerking and having a hard time typing so I am going to close...

you all take care... love... Jan/Dakota

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
OMG****Lou....at least you know that this one is no longer hanging out in your house.....I hope this one was/is the only one.....so do you have any idea just how he got into your house? Not a good note to end your day on......that's for sure.

I hope that things will settle down for you.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday one and all. I do hope your day has started off well and that it will be a good one throughout.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Nana B. HERES WISHING YOU THE BEST BIRTHDAY YOU'VE EVER HAD. ENJOY.

It's sunny here now but are area is under the weather gun, again, for bad weather this afternoon. I had a bi yearly appointment with my tummy doc and canceled because I'm not going to be on the highway when winds and rain hit. NOPE, not me. But for right now it's sunny and warm and I'm enjoying it.

I have only one errand of any importance today and that good because of the rain due in here. Ugh, I just hate that the last of spring has to be water logged!

DD and family came by yesterday and we got the 1929 Model A out of it's barn and took it for quick spin. Our SIL will need to drive it one day so we have a bad up driver for it. Theres only be a few people over the years who have driven it and NO one of um hasn't been me. I really don't care to learn. I once told my dad, the person who owned it, that I'd care never to drive, rice or take of it. So that fell to my DH who loves the old car to death. UGH.

Other than that yesterday was one of setting rooms for the little ones, I have a room for the girls and boys but DD has always kept them together in the room over ours down stairs. Makes for many noisey nights with DH going up and down telling the little ones to GO TO SLEEP. This year, thank goodness, she's allowing GS to sleep in the boys room. Yea that! We have the drawers set with clothes, toys about and CD's for the VCR's in the rooms. So pretty much set to go. And speaking of that DD is letting me travel with them to Akins, SC that weekend for DD's rowing competition. Yea that too.

cece, am fb messaging you once I close this post. Wrote you a note here yesterday that the site couldn't seem to post. UGH.

Hope all is well with everyone. Will close this here with well wishes for all.. Have a wonderful day..
Gentle hugs, Linda R

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, OMG a bat! Have you a clue where it got in? We have bats in the trees here in the neighborhood and hear them at night. Had one a few years ago, late in the evening, fly across the porch where Rudy and I were sitting, but it was just a fly by and gone. So let me tell you I would go ' bats ' if one flew thru the house and we had to catch it. I mean they'd have to sedate me. OMG. I hope you have made sure it was it and if there were any opening where it or another could have gotten it can't any long. EWWWWW I'm gonna be thinking about this all day.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was a nice day here today. By the time I got off of work I couldn't get myself to go inside. I had the boys help me stack wood for the fire pit. Now we should have plenty for the summer and fall.

Of course I did cross the line today. I was sore all day at work but wanted to finish the wood, then we hauled recycling. After I lit the grill, showered up, made dinner, cleaned up the kitchen, and took a bike ride with the boys. When the DW got home she wanted to walk, so we walked about 2.5 miles. About 1 into it I realized I was completely worn out. I'm hoping I sleep it of and wise up tomorrow. I have much less on the agenda.

Lou, the bat story reminds me of the street I grew up on. The tall elms made a canopy over the street and there were bats swooping down to eat bugs. I think of that and the move :The Great Outdoors".

I am dosing off so it is time to go for new, take care everyone.

Cory

BetteK replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou,

3 years ago, we had a bat in our house. DS chased it upstairs and caught it in an old Planter's peanut can. No idea how he got in.

A week later, my friend and neighbor had one in her house. Hers got into the bedroom and was going crazy in the currents from the ceiling fan. The little guy kept flying around in circles until my friend turned off the fan. She caught him and was able to release him outside.

Both of these bats sightings were in mid-afternoon, not dusk or dawn when you might expect a bat to be caught out of his cave unawares.

I'm deathly afraind of all rodents (well, maybe not bunnies) and did a whole lot of screamig. Helpful, wasn't I?

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
199 of 216 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.