Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday *****6/11/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where someone finally turned on the *lights*....Thank you GOD....as it is quite BRIGHT this morning....a bit different from what it has been for some time here in NC. And the weather is going to be nicer temps as well, actually it is going to get kind of hot....but that is ok as we need to dry out here. We have had our share of rain for a while and change is good in most cases.

So....here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all....without any pain or at least very little. I think the weather will surely help my feelings or so it seems. I did wake up early again this morning and did not feel good then at all. Do not know what exactly woke me up....as I am sure it was *something*....stress perhaps....maybe. I do have some stress in my life which I can do nothing about....it has to *run its course*....and I can only hope and pray that things will get fixed.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find the *right combination of tools* which will improve how you feel. As most of know this, as well as most anything and everything, is a process...and it does take time and effort to muddle through this.

Vitamin D....I want to encourage all new members and those who have not already done this....to be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D and Vitamin B levels checked....which is important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I am quite pleased that I have found the solution to my lower back pain....it seems like the P5P has been a success story for me....I am assuming that my body can not process natural Vitamin B 6 and it was causing the lower pain, possibly the Morton's Toes, kidney stones, carpal tunnel and who knows exactly what else....but it works. I am a bit disappointed though that it took my daughter listening to the doctor on tv who *shared this advice* about Vitamin B 6....my doctors never mentioned this to me....in fact, none of them had any idea why my lower back was hurting so. (perhaps they thought the pain was indeed an illusion of the mind)lol....I went to the vitamin store and was told that they are discontinuing the brand that I am taking now....OMG....so here we go again. I did purchase the last bottle they had on the shelf....so I am ok for a while. I will figure out what I will do later, when I get there.

That's my story for today.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday Morning everyone. I do hope you're having a good day and that you enjoy warmth and sunshine all day long.

It's warm, but very, 90, a 1St for the year, here and the rain has come and gone. Yea that! No rain expected here unitl Thursday so sunshine, wamth and clear skies. My kinda weather.

No real plans for my day. WallyWorld, BELK or KHOLS. Market maybe.. and except for those out of the house things only have indoor things. There is the getting of our airline reservations into LA and back for September tho. These tickets will be the first leg of our yearly vacation to LA and this trip we're going onto Hawaii. The probem this time out is getting the connection flight onto Honolulu, HI for the day after we get into LA. We have to wait until DBIL and SIL get on the phone with us to make sure we get the same flight / airlline over and back. UGH.. always best when sharing the rental car. But we're going to the same resort there.

You know I just posted about a newspaper article about how researcher don't believe, no evendance to prove. fibro pain or issues are caused by weather. UGH. Like MiMI I wonder how large this research sampling was. Surely they didn't talk to those of us who have fibro. If they had, they'd have learned, weather is a MAJOR, MAJOR cause of pain. I know from March to October I am almost firbo isuue free. Come winter, cold temps, no colors and lack of sun I go down hill but fast. Have so much pain I just long for warmth and sunlight. How did anyone in the sampling say cold played a part in the fibro picture? They should asked some of us here. DOESN'T PLAY A PART IN HOW FIBRO EFFECTS US MY FOOT!!!

Okay as I have so little to post about will close this here, let you go to enjoy your day. Have a good one everybody and feel really good today.
Gentle hugs, LInda R

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Tuesday to all!

Things are good on my end of the world! My sister got good news. She probally will not have to have chemo! She also found out the surgeon will remove both breast and then the plastic surgeon will step in and recontruct both breast. She will wake up with new breast. That has made her feel a lot better.I really do appreciate all the prayers from everyone. They sure are working.

I should be divorced by the end of this week! I am just waiting for the paperwork to come in the mail. Then I can take my maiden name "Lewis" back. My ex is trying hard to get me back. The last thing I want is to let him move back in with me. I could never trust him again. Plus I love having the whole bed to myself!

I hope everyone has a good week. May you have the least amount of pain and the most sleep possible. Soft hugs to all.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

dollbug replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Hello Debbie....so much good news you shared with us....I am so happy to hear about your sister not needing chemo....that is a blessing within itself....Now I have to know are they taking the other breast as a precaution?
Prayers and thoughts are with her as she gets ready to go through this ordeal. I hope she recovers well and that her recovery will be short. I am sure she will do just fine. My DH is a cancer survivor and I know just how tough things can be. Remember to tell your sister to stay positive and to keep up her spirits....it is indeed *mind over matter*....this is what DH and I learned from his cancer journey. It is also a process and takes time to work your way through it.

I am glad that you will soon have your issue resolved as well. I do not know how long you were married but it is really hard when you lose trust in your mate. It is hard that he took a chance thinking the grass was greener on the other side and then when he got there, he found out it really wasn't what he expected it to be. A hard LLL-Life Learned Lesson.

I hope things continue to go well with both you and your sister.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

BetteK responded:
MiMi,

I must not have been reading your posts as carefully as I thought. What IS the P5P stuff? Whatever it is, I want some.
And I think some others will want it too.

If you give us the ingredients that are on the bottle (that priceless one you rescued from the shelf) and their amounts per dose, we can all look for a similar product and get back here with our answers.

Bette

BetteK replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Debra,

Long ago and far away I was waiting for a divorce to be final. I was afraid to breathe in case something went wrong. Luckily, things progressed. I met my husband of 45 years. And the rest is history (mine).

Keep your resolve. Don't let that man anywhere near you or your home. In some states, if he stays the night--even on your couch--you go back to square one. (All is forgiven. You're still married. Any time apart has to start again. What a mess!)

It's wonderful about your sister. It's wonderful that she is able to dodge the chemo bullet. Having a rebuilt breast is only right if that is her choice. It will help her feel whole.

Here's your reminder. Do the self-exams. Get your mamo-
grams. Preserve your health and your sense of well being.

Bette

rudyandirmouse replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Hi Debbie, Linda R here and let me tell you I am so glad to hear the good news about your sister. I am so glad that the prayers going out to your sister ( and you ) have been working.

As for the divorce, congrats to you! I know you are happy about taking your maden name back. As for your ex I know you plan to keep him that way. You go girl!!

Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.