Skip to content
Hump Day *****6/12/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC and it is going to be a hot, hot day....90's for the next couple of days without rain....you know I have to tell you that back when it was so cold I wanted warmer weather to hurry up and get here....I guess I thought I would feel so much better.....well....the hot, hot weather is no better.....as the heat sucks up what little bit of energy I have. And I hate the damp weather....so I am no better off than I was except I am not cold now. NC did not have much of a spring like season....weird weather anymore. Do not quite understand what has caused it either.

I am still having allergy issues as well....I was taking the pill in the mornings and still had problems about 1/2 way through the day....can only take 1 pill. DH told me that I should try taking it at night....so I did....still problems with the eyes. It seems like the pills are just not strong enough for it to work like it should. This year is the worse year that I have had with this. At least my sinus problems are better. But it is something all the time. What a life we FMers face.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all. I did sleep ok....I woke up still tired....not a good thing for the mind or the body.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It is a process though....no matter what you decide to try. Anything you try will take time.....as you should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you try before making a decision as to whether or not it is working, unless of course, you are getting sicker.

We are all different creatures and what works for one may or may not work for you. So hang in there and find the right combination of tools which will improve your quality of life.

So much going on around the world....I have to laugh....as to the old saying....be careful cause you know big brother is watching you....so it seems like this was really the case....except big brother also knows who you contact as well. I am so glad that I do not have a cell phone or I phone....although I do have a computer and I am sure that someone somewhere knows what all of us do....nothing is actually *private* any longer....don't we all just love the modern day technology that we all have. I do not think anyone thought about just how much this would influence people's way of life before it was discovered/invented.

I know that the universe has surely *touched my family's life* with it. One of the charges which happened with my son was when he got a text from someone he did not know.....and he texted back *WHO IS THIS?*.....and this created him being arrested....and since that time my DD and her DH have been charged with cyberstalking,....I have to wonder IF indeed this is not a SIGN for us. Funny though....IT DID NOT MATTER that there was *no evidence to prove the charges or not*.....the wheels of justice started spinning....and I am now wondering just how long it will take for all of these shenanigans to get straightened out. What a web we weave.

Enough on my soap box today.

Enjoy some natural Vitamin D if you can today.....which is so good for the mind and the body as well. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Have a great day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hump Day! Hi Mimi & All!

Down here in SC it is also going to be in the 90s, the sky is blue today-- which has been a while. We've had all that rain too. It is rough--agreed.

My son & his family are here this week, this evening my in laws will be here as well. So we have house guests maybe through the weekend.

Its fantastic to see the grand kids! Son & his wife went out on some little trips to see some areas around here, to consider maybe moving to this area. They liked it, so maybe they will be allowed to move here by their company, we shall see, sure would be nice.

My local grandkids came to meet the cousins and brought along a little head cold--so Grandma spent the night in a recliner last night, it got me.

Hopefully it won't last long.

Mimi--for allergy-- I take zyrtec (generic version) and I do take it at night. But--also sometimes use the fluticasone nasal spray and advair--which I wish I could replace as it is way to spendy.

Seems to me that fibro goes along with allergy and asthma.

Well time for breakfast. Best wishes to all today!
Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It's a late post for me again, I was on last night and read the days post, but was far too tired to type. I went to bed and stared at the ceiling until 12.

Today was my long work day. I pushed a little too hard. I am hoping I don't wake a disaster. I strained my sore wrist pretty bad and thought I damaged something, but it improved. I was home 3 hrs late, an 11hr shift.

When I got home I tore into the neighbors wreck of a yard. They asked to borrow my new mower and I said no, but I would cut it for $15. That is dirt cheap when the grass is 2-3 feet high. It was the first time it has been cut. I knew how to get it without choking the mower to bad. Frustrated.

One that was done I had dinner and cleaned up. We went to the beach for a bit then ran to the store. When I finally got settled I crashed hard. My body is none too happy with me.

There is some good here though, we had an amazing sunset tonight and it hit 80 for the second day. When it's this nice I go outside for any reason I can think of.

I hope you all had a good day and have a great night. Take care everyone.

Cory

BetteK responded:
Mimi, Mary, Cory, and all our other FMily,

This was the one good day sandwiched in among the rain. It gave hubby a chance to plant at least one field of corn. We are supposed to be on the northern edge of some wicked storms that are due to arrive by dawn Thursday. I hope it doesn't wash away the corn seed.

With the humidity and temperature both cooperating, I was amazed at how good my spine feels at the waist. Guess last week's nerve blocks did their job. Isn't it wonderful when a treatment actually works!

Still haven't heard back from the surgeon about removing the electronic nerve stimulator from my spine. He said he would set things up at the hospital and then call me. That was last Thursday. We can wait forever for them. But if we were ever late, we'd lose our appointments. This is the same guy who had me report for the initial surgery at 8 am. It was way past noon when they wheeled me up to the O.R.

Life is full of these small stressors. Those of us with fibro can either learn to ignore them or we can face some MAJOR flares. I think I'll choose to let all life's small stuff just float over me. I'll start as soon as I can stop gritting my teeth!

Towards better days and fewer flares,

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.