Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday *****6/13/2013 *****Remember Sunday is Father's Day ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where the sun is shining bright....but rain showers are headed our way and at least the temps will be lower. It was a hot, hot day yesterday. As I have said before I do love springtime but not the hot, hot days of summer. I had hoped that we would have lots of nice warm days....not hot days. But I have no choice in what the weather brings. And I am sure there will be more of the hot days to come.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain to deal with.

DH called me yesterday to remind me that there was 1 Allegra Allergy pill left and that he left it for me. He also now knows how I feel when I tried to tell him that for whatever reason the 24 hour pill is now working only 1/2 the time for me. Not a good thing at all. It worked well last year and between the 2 of us we only used one full bottle and part of another. Well...we had the remainder of last year's leftover to start with this time and we are now on bottle 3...DH said that he could not even believe just how much the pills were working until he missed a dose. Perhaps my body has just gotten use to taking the allergy pills now and this is the reason they are no longer working like they did. I will be glad when this season is done with though. I have tried other allergy pills and this one was the only one that I found helped me. So I am stuck now with it until another kind is produced I guess.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. There are no quick fixes that I am aware of and nothing which we can label a *magic pill*...but I do think that the Vitamin D is really close for some of us. (it was for me I know and my DD as well) So new members....be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. This just might make a difference in your pain level and the way you feel. Getting natural Vitamin D is also good for the mind and the body but I do not think this is strong enough to get the levels back within *normal range* and keep them there. I have also read that some medical research also indicates this as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Harley is wanting some attention. I am grand dog sitting as my son is out of town on business. Harley is good but she gets bored with staying with me longer than a few days. She loves to ride and I can not allow this as my strength does not keep her in control....so she misses her master as he takes her everywhere, even to work and back every day. She even has a dog friend that she plays with there. So I am sure she misses him as well.

Have a great day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening MImi, allergies are wonderful aren't they? I took Allegra, then Allegra D for a while then it quit working so I went back to Benadryl. I sneeze or itch here and there but not too bad this year.

Today was warm and nice again. Work was not too bad but I am still a mess. The wrist, back, knees, hands and feet are all very cranky. One day left and I may leave at 40hrs, at 11:30.

I did not go on our walk tonight. I was very slow going up a few steps so I figured I better sit it out again. Christine went with her friend. I felt bad not going with the weather so nice. I am hoping things improve soon.

I hope you all have a good night. Take care everyone.

Cory

Anon_408 responded:
MiMi, I live in an area of CA that is known to big time allergys. I've never had a problem, life long resident of this area. Last year I got itchy ears, doc said allergys, but gave me prescription nose spray. Worked. This year, totally different. I am having swelling all around my eyes. Looks horible. Maybe I should say ugly.

So he gave me eye drops for itchy eyes. All I had said was it felt like I had an eye lash or speck of dirt in my right eye.

Made a trip to southern CA, and came home, and both eyes are real puffy, and a red area follows from inside corners, down and away from nose.

I can actually see the fluid pockets, not sure why or what is going on. Hate to go to dr. and have him tell me another symptom of allergy, and nothing to do but what I am doing.

Wolfsong452 responded:
well Mimi,

I'm late as usual technically, it's Fri.

went for walk around the outside of the building here at work. Nice crisp cool night, around 50 degrees, hard to believe it's June in Indiana!

went to the doctor, Vitamin D is maintaining at 33, which is good, as they won't give me a prescription dose, so I'm doing this on my own. I'm going to try and up it even more. Doctor said, get out in the sun more! duh, does he want me to look like a tomato?

My LDL is 120, they want it under 100, but they said, not bad!

got an infection, so had to do those mega dose antibiotics, yuck,

fell down twice in the last 2 weeks, which was why I'd gone to the doctor in the first place. went and had x-rays of the whole left arm.

nothing broke, just sore and woke up the arthritits.

advice from doctor was QUIT FALLING DOWN!

well, first time was an honest oopps,

second time was a total stupid!

so I'm sitting here enjoying the awesome weather. The weekend is supposed to be more of the same, into Wed. of next week!

HURRAY!

Got the date set for the scope of my right knee, meniscus tear.

then got an appointment for consultation for total knee replacment. That date is in Sept. would love to have this knee done by Christmas!

maybe that will keep me from falling down!

wow, a great present to myself!

hope all is well, sending warm and healing thougths to everyone.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.