Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****6/14/2013****Roll Call ****New members too ****Father's Day
dollbug posted:
TGIF and a good morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and the sun is shining bright again today. It was really hot yesterday and we had storms which hit our area BIG time. I was out and got caught up in it. The winds blew hard and trees toppled over and knocked out the power in many different areas across NC. My son had traveled to NY and got back before all of this took place. His power was also off last night. It is going to be quite cooler today than it was yesterday.
This will be a good thing. We need more springlike weather but I am not sure this is going to happen since summer will be here before we know it.

Seems like the boards have been really slow recently. I hope this means that people are feeling better and are out and about doing other things. I did see that WebMD added a post yesterday about healthcare. So many questions about this still.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for everyone as well, with little to no pain.

This week-end is a special day for Fathers....and I hope that any fathers on this board will have a very special day. I know that my older son will have the *best Father's Day* that he has had in a long time. He will be spending it with his daughter.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find the right combination of *tools* that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to figure this out which does take time and effort.

That's all until next time.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Happy Friday All!

The rain here has finally stopped, it's 58? and going to 69?, or so they say. I'm hoping my neighbors can stop pumping out their basement soon. Having a Friday off is a good thing; my weekend starts a bit early but I'm getting things done.

IDK whether it's working, the weather or a combination, but I've been feeling more symptomatic the past week or two. My back is aching, my plantar fascia hurts, now my knee aches. All on the same side. Motrin has stopped working, and I don't want to look like I'm drug-seeking. Ugh.

We have three graduations this year - all nieces. One wants to be a pharmacist, another wants to be a writer, and I don't know about the third. I can't get over the cost of education these days. Minimum wage has tripled since I was in college, but college costs have increased 10-fold. Crazy!

I'm glad you mentioned Father's Day, MiMi - I totally forgot. My Dad is running around today advocating for Mom. Someone assaulted her last week at the nursing home where she lives. She has bruises and scratches all over her face, chest, and right arm and hand. Nobody heard a thing, and I find it hard to believe that she didn't yell. It is a loud place, some people are screamers, but still...

I wish you all the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

Wolfsong452 responded:
love this cooler weather, but the constant change is killing me, hot, cool, cold, rainy,

sheesh,

hurray! I'm checking in before the day is over!

good night everyone, sleep dreams,

I'm sitting up here at work, will get some sleep some time tomorrow,

booch007 responded:
Stopping by on the Friday post on Saturday morning.

Good morning Fmily,

Long week again and my toolbox is getting its use, I have also put on weight which is the worst.....I am not buring calories SITTING at the computer and the movement I do to cross the office is not enough. So BIGGER I AM, this helps me to ache a bit more. As we know when I lost the weight I remoarked it didn't make a difference in this mess, actually my pain levels rose from the added activities and I found I just folded up better.

All the docs saying you will feel much better now...not so.

Well that is in the past now, I am back where I was and I wish I hadn't given away all the clothes!!

It is beutiful this morning and living on a hill has a benefit of water passng you! No bail out needed here. I am looking forward to maybe gettting that pool open today! But nore rain on Monday-Tues they say....so what is the point! .

I am hopeful for a glorious Saturday..listening to the birds right now and then in the yard...I have office work to do, but the cream of the day is I am babysitting this afternoon to the night time......YIPPEE...going to play with the girls.

I wish all a wonderful weekend, get out in the sun, get fresh air in your lumgs and find something special in the day. DO something special....add the distraction med to your toolbox and see how string it is! Hugs to all, Nancy B

fibroinsd responded:
me checking in on SAt. too...I will go to Sat..cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
461 of 536 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.