Skip to content
Bras!
ejstl posted:
Hi, I just went through all the posts on the bras and it is overwhelming how many people have the same problem. I have tried no underwire sports type bras, genie bra etc. The only thing that has come close to comfort for me is the Flexees camisole. I just wish the bra area had more support even for a 38B person. I was unsure of the inner lining for slimming but found it is so silky soft that it is actually very comfortable. I bought it on a special for only $9 total, including shipping so it was well worth the try. Going to hit Kohls this weekend to see if they carry the same. BUT will get a bigger size, I bought the large but believe the xlarge would be comfortable for me. I REALLY don't like tight clothing but have been sold on this one so far. If the bust area had more support I could wear it to work!! Get to work Flexees and design that bra/camisole-they would make a fortune on us FMers. Well enough about the bra thing.

I am trying to break the cycle of a 7 day migraine, started my prednisone pack today so hopefully I can enjoy the weekend. St Louis weather has not been FM nor migraine friendly these last few weeks.

Take care everyone

Anon_2912 responded:
LOL...Mine aren't big enough to gripe about...32b....

However, I buy the Victoria Secret wirelss bras..Love them...

KathyRoark1972 responded:
as far as the Migraine headaches I use Sumavel DosePro. My Neurologist prescribed it to me before I found out I had FM but it has been a life saver for me it literally took the Migraine away in less than a minute. This Medication is not a pill nor do you take it orally you press the needle free injection against your abdominal area or thigh and press down. Like I said it is the only thing that has worked for me in getting rid of them and I was able to drive on it and work when I was working. I was my neurologist's first patient to take it he wanted someone that worked on campus and I happen to be the one I worked across the street from him. I am not going to say it doesn't hurt when you inject it but it only last for less than a minute and I usually get someone else to press it into me because I found that as soon as I heard the woshing sound I would jerk my hand back and not get all the medicine in. Hope this helps. I think I will be doing the disability thing through my state because I have been waiting for my short term disability to approve me and it has been 3 months. I was just diagnosis with FM on March 28th. But stopped working in April due to all the pain and stress. I have been suffering with pain for most of my adult life but due to it not being wide spread over my entire body they never connected the dots. I know FM is pain all over been dealing with that for the last year. Yes it took a year for them to figure it out but if they would have actually looked at my past medical history I had all the signs for a much longer time they just presented in different ways but then I have never been a typical patient that was easy to diagnosis. Example is had a tubal ligation done in my late 20's it took them 2 and 1/2 months before they figured out one of my tubes was filled with fluid and about to burst I had a severe infection from the surgery and never ran a fever which is why they didn't believe I was in the pain i was in. Then there was the most recent one where I had surgery to fix my sinuses and deviated septum due to chronic sinus infections when they got into my sinus area they found out that I had a bacterail infection in my bones around my eye sockets, cheek bones, jaw they had to scrap my bones to get rid of it and put me on some strong antibiotics. not once did I feel sick nor did the bones hurt it was a big surprise to me. shortly after that is when all the pain started in my body all at once. I have had back pain and wrist pain for yrs I have had shoulder pain but thought it was due to the way I slept leg pains hip pains that I thought was due to my hips being tilted born that way. the only place I havn't hurt was the abdominal area except when I had my periods which were the worst kind possible luckly right before the sinus surgery 20 yrs after I had my one and only son they finally gave me a hysterectomy that is the best thing that ever happened. I don't have pain in that region of my body which is the ony place I don't have pain. sorry got lost with myself Hope the medicine I started out with helps you.

Bette_K replied to KathyRoark1972's response:
Kathy,

Been there. Hysterectomy that lessened pains, deviated septum and sinus problems, leg and hip pains, constant back pain (standing), intermittent wrist pain, and of course the migranes.

The migranes vanished with my glases. The weight of the specs to correct my 20/400 vision (only saw the E on the eye chart) caused the migranes! But before that surgery I found that the Excederin Migrane worked better for me than all the prescription drugs combined.

Things have settled down now. Mainly because I do so little. I still cannot stand for more than 5 minutes, but I can walk for 20 on a good day.

You too will learn what you can or can not do. You will learn some things that MAY head off flares. You will learn to accept a lower standard of housekeeping and ways to cook 2 or more meals at a time so you can freeze or otherwise save some for a rainy (or at least a fibro-y) day.

Fibro has no cure. But it can be managed.

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.