Skip to content
3 days... Almost Ready
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
That was my daughter's first message to me this morning... We were on the phone for hours... I am almost ready... Thought before I packed my laptop I would tell you I have paced thru packing... seen every sunrise... and plan some rest now...

My feet are swelling... bad omen... but I have meds for it... just another one to take.... lol... haven't been sleeping well.. might be the anticipation... sitting up too much...

I look forward to a relaxing trip... Irene wants to take a couple of long breaks... so to hopefully ease my pain she says... so we will make a 6 hour trip a 10... lol... I just hope the girls don't mind... for my granddaughters will be with... I will talk mom into McDonalds for oe of the long ones lol... Mommy usually gets her way...

Well... I am off to lala land a few hours... sleep will feel good about now,,, you all take care... talk soon... love... Jan/Dakota

Bette_K responded:
Jan,

Get those feet up--now!

Whenever they don't have to be down, get them up (preferrably with a nice, soft pillow under them).

Don't do anything to jeopardize your wonderful time with daughter and granddaughters. Forget about the house. Forget about THINGS. Concentrate on having the time of your life.

I always wanted a daughter. I wouldn't trade either son, but I always wanted a daughter. Somewhere along the way, I decided to wait for a daughter in law to love. Or maybe some granddaughters. So far, the hopes haven't been fulfilled. (I still have hopes about my older son's girlfriend who would come with a grown grandaughter candidate for me and who knows how many great grandchildren somewhere in the future.)

But, the message is clear. Get those feet up. During your trips, anythime you're not driving try to figure out a way to raise them up, too. And WALK, WALK, WALK during your rest stops. (Even if it is only to pull over and walk around the car a few times, I have to get out every hour or so. Try it. You'll be amazed at how little it adds to your trip time and how much it adds to your condition when you reach your destination.) So often, we just pull into a fast food place, walk to the restroom, get our food, scarf it down, and climb back into the car. Fidget on your feet. Walk back for the napkins. Then go back for the straws. S-t-r-e-t-c-h your body when you stand up and again right before you climb back into the car.

But, above all, have a wonderful, wonderful time!

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.