Skip to content
Saturday ****6/15/2013 ****Happy Father's Day ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and it is cooler here this morning...and the sun is shining bright....thank goodness for this as I think we need a break from the hot weather that we have had this week. Still not sure that we have had what I had hoped spring would be. So much rain and hot days. Summer is now right around the corner as well, actually just a few days away. There are still a lot of power outages in NC. Lots of trees fell and knocked the power out. So much clean up which does take time and effort.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest....Harley woke me up around 4 am....had to go out or at least she wanted to go out. I hate getting woke up when I am still tired. It does not help me at all. I was able to drift back off to sleep for a few hours but I woke up still not rested. This seems to be the way of life though, more common than not.

Late yesterday afternoon I decided that I needed to do some clean up outside....not a good idea. There were leaves and limbs and I wanted to get them picked up. Did too much and then my son came by with my GD and her cousin. They played ball in the front yard for a while and I had to watch them. My GD has turned out to be a *bully* of sorts....perhaps this is how she coped with the past 3 years. I have no idea. She is the oldest of the 3 and the only girl right now. I am hoping that we will by Thanksgiving have another little girl.

Remember Sunday being *Father's Day*....there are so many father's who do not have visitation with their children these days. I can only hope that these *single dads will also be remembered*. I know just how *special* my son's father's day will be. Actually my GD decided yesterday that she is going to stay until Tuesday this week. She has told her dad that she thinks she needs to spend every other week with him. So I am anxious to see if indeed this happens.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. So hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them cope better.

Remember to get some natural *Vitamin D* when you can ....so important for a lot of people these days.

Happy Father's Day to Cory and to anyone dads who might be lurking.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
Morning Mimi and all..

Mimi..I am so happy your son is getting to see his daughter..I hope this continues well...and that things get figured out for your DD and the courts get a clue about what is going on..

Nancy...so good to see you..but to hear you are struggling with the weight..my worst nightmare...I have nine weeks left on my maintenance...and then have to see if I can really maintain..I have already put a couple of pounds back on, in spite of exercise, etc...I so think there is something about fibro that our bodies want to keep weight on...like a switch that doesn't work and it thinks we need that weight, when we don't..

Nancy..I also have been having a lot of fibro issues lately, in spite of losing the weight..my neck area especially. I did get to the doc yesterday and she is setting me up with some physical therapy...hope that does it..but I remember doing that before, and it did help, but not fix..

I am doing another ad for medifast...I think I will be standing next to a giant cardboard cutout of my old self..Ick !

Took dad to the doctor at UCSD...well, we saw the nurse practitioner..not the main doc..but it was a pretty good visit..dad is having problems with some things..but some are better than last visit..they said to get the next possible visit with the main doctor..and that isn't until January of next year.

I finished working this week...kids are out of school...So have to figure out what I need to get done this summer..

Oh..yea..."Lou"...I meant to mention about your mom..so awful to hear she has all those bruises and you don't know how..I am so worried about putting my mom anywhere..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece....the board has really been very slow for a couple of weeks now. I hope that this is a good sign that our FMers are feeling better and are out and about doing other things and especially getting some of the *natural Vitamin D* that helps both our minds and our bodies as well.

So my DD and my DIL took my granddaughter to get her toenails done....I think they had talked about it and decided to do it this morning....she stopped by for a few minutes with her dad so they could pick up Harley and take home for the night....and her toes were all bright and ORANGE....(this is what she wanted). She is a tomboy....so I am glad she went with them to get her toenails done. She bites her fingernails so that was out.

Anyway....she decided on Friday that she wanted to stay until Tuesday of this week. She has talked about coming every other week and I think she has recently talked about just spending the summer with her dad. I am sure that soon she will be spending a lot of time with him anyway. She is so very happy when she is here. I do hope she will get better though at playing with the *boys*....she is just too rough with them and it bothers me. (I guess this is how she was brought up though and it will take time to *fix* it).

Anyway....DH and I went out for breakfast this morning an we saw a friend who had knee surgery a while back. He was telling us that he had hoped the surgery would fix his knee BUT it is not worse than it was before he had surgery. He is now going to get another opinion. He was talking about pain and I told him that I could understand just what pain can do to a person. Pain is evil and it can make a person very moody, perhaps even mean at time. I was thinking about this and remembering back when I was in so much pain that I could hardly stand to be around myself. (NO JOKE)....chronic pain can cause a person to act ugly....(for lack of a better word to use here). Yes....I do remember those days....when I hurt so much and it seemed like nothing would help me....even for just a little while.

Having any sort of surgery though should indeed help a person....not make things worse. I know that I have read about people who had neck surgery and back surgery and they ended up worse than they were to begin with....with even more pain to deal with. Something is very wrong when this happens.

Now I will also add this....I had 5 hand surgeries and then 2 more when I fell and broke each wrist. I can say that even though they were by different doctors....I still have issues until I broke the bones....I am still wondering just why it took breaking it and having it repaired before I could feel a big difference. I think it had something to do with the surgeon having to open up the wound so he could actually *see* what needed to be fixed. Or perhaps it was the fact that he had to put in a plate with pins....and somehow this affected the nerves....(by separation perhaps) Actually I have no idea.

I just wanted to share with you that we, FMers, are not the only people who have *issues* with doctors. I think sometimes even the doctors do NOT know how to *fix* us....which is sad.

We, FMers, must keep on keeping on until we find some comfort in how we feel. This is our only HOPE.

Have a good Saturday and Happy Father's Day to the fathers.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd replied to dollbug's response:
Mimi

My doctor gave me some pills also...I think she called it a Z pack..but the box says MethylPREDNISolone ...you take six the first day, five the next, four the next, three the next...etc..but I took my first ones this morning..and it did make my neck feel SOOOOOOO much better...I sure hope this works..

I definitely would keep an eye on your GD around the GSss..She is bigger and might now realize how rough she is..but also..she may have some jealousy issues with having been away..and might want to take it out on them..What she has been through..who knows...I would be very careful that she doesn't hurt them...

Anyway...glad she is happy to be back..and hope things work out well..

Really a slow day today.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.