Skip to content
Happy Father's Day *****6/16/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Happy Father's Day to all fathers this morning. MiMi in NC....I know we do not have a lot of them on the board....but I do not know just how many might lurk around the board, perhaps just reading about what others do to help themselves cope.

MiMi in NC and I have noticed that the board has really been slow....and some of our regular FMers have not posted. I also know that a lot is going on with some of them. I do hope that everyone is really feeling better and out and about doing other things.

It has cooled down some this morning in NC....and this is a welcomed relief. With summer being just a few days away....I can imagined just what kind of summer we are headed for....with lots of hot muggy days, no doubt. I had hoped for a long nice spring...but that did not happen either. We have to take whatever is handed out our way and just do the best that we can. Actually this is true in so many ways.

My younger son and his family are headed out today for vacation. We had a nice dinner last night since they are not here today.
My other children and their little ones will be here today for lunch. Nothing special planned just a nice lunch and some good fellowship. Things have been quiet for some time now and I am so very thankful for this.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM and what others do that has helped them cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. Nothing is easy in dealing with the ugly illness....but there are all sorts of *tools* that just might help ease your pain.

Vitamin D....so important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Enjoy some natural Vitamin D every chance you get and be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your level checked.

I hope everyone rested well last night and I hope today will be a good day for us as well. Remember to call your dad today, if you can and wish him a Happy Father's Day. So many do not get this chance.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning on Father's Day-- to Mimi & all who follow.

My house guests have all departed for their own homes now, Hubby & I are here alone with our dogs today--although I'm sure my youngest son and my daughter's family will come by to do some fishing or use the jet ski later. Hubby had me make sure there is food to grill if they do.

I had a very nice time visiting with my Oldest son's family last week, meeting the newest member of the family--who is a beautiful boy!!

Inlaw's came toward the end of the week and added to our dog collection, at certain points in the week we had 7 dogs here--thankfully the first thing we did when we bought this place was fence the backyard. Dogs were all outside most of the time, sometimes swimming in the lake or chasing each other. Barking t the geese, etc.

Hubby finished working on the dock for this year, we now have a big platform at the end to sit and fish from. He made a great wood bench with a back for it yesterday and is making another today. We also purchased a little canopy/awning thing and put it on the platform to make fishing more comfy.

We have a little cool weather like Mimi too. And do expect a hot humid summer as that is normal.

I am fighting a cold. Two of the grandkids had colds at the beginning of the week and I got one and it went to my chest of course. So I am coughing a lot and have not had my voice for days. Babies are over it and done, but Grandma seems to never get a cold that doesn't stay put for a long time. Seems I just did this a short time ago, sort of frustrating.

As far as fibro goes-- well perhaps the enhanced colds are part of that? My pain level is ok so long as I keep taking my meds and don't over do. I did get pretty tired having house guests but everyone was helpful and I did not have to overwork--but the last couple days I think the noise level here was too much for me. I couldn't understand a thing folks were saying as my hearing is not so good these days, also I think it just wore on me--as my fibro fog was over the top--I'd walk in the kitchen and not remember which drawer I kept things in. Just a lot of forgetting things and feeling confused and tired.

The lake is quiet now and we have a mockingbird here that is giving us an amazing concert this morning. He seems to know all the best bird songs--even does a bit of wood thrush--which is a favorite for me.

Hubby is downstairs giving the German Shepherd a haircut-- he will look weird for a week or so-but it will be much less work for me to have him a little less hairy.

Tomorrow I'll be a lll alone again, with my dogs. Hubby will go back up to work for a week or longer I won't see him. I will get busy doing things I put off last week and working on the yard here and there.

Well, that's it from here! Have a good day folks!
mary

booch007 responded:
Lost my POST....now lost my focus and energy.
Good day to all on this FATHERS DAY...Nancy B .

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everybody. Happy Father's Day to any others who come here for support. This has been a great place for me to find tools and help for what seems to be fibro for me. I appreciate you all.

I started to post yesterday and ran out of time. We threw the bikes in the truck and took the boys up to some very nice paved trails that follow the lake shore. It was pretty cold, maybe 55, but decent for riding. We ended up going about 8 miles and it felt good.

I am still recovering from going way overboard all week but I am starting to feel better. It is too easy for me to cross the line when the sun is shining. It was a long cold spring.

I am so lucky to have to great boys. Aden is 9, he is firey as his name means. He has a memory like a steel trap and can tell you everything about sharks and ships with incredible accuracy. Jonathan is 12. He is an old sole who does not like change. He is incredibly kind and gentle. Animals follow him around like they do to me:)

I hope you all have a great day.

Cory

Bette_K responded:
Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day.

We had the usual suspects for steaks on the grill. They are no where near as juicy as the store bought, but they taste clean and good without all the junk the commercial growers use on their feedlots.

Just for today, our elder son manned the grill. Usually, it's me or hubby (if he's back from the fields in time), but today John did the honors. He was right there, watching the meat like a hawk while I did the rest of the meal. Consequently, the London broil was perfect, the center slices medium rare for those who like it that way and the outer ones more on the medium side. Amazing what you can do if you aren't running back into the kitchen all the while the grill's going.

But or real Father's Day will be next week when we pick up our younger son from his psyc group home and bring him home for two weeks. I can't wait. He has to spend 21 days of every month at his "home." We try to arrange his visits to straddle two months so we have a full two weeks together. The trip to Rochester and back is 200 miles round trip. I can't really do this two weekends in a row. If I do, the flare usually lasts a long time.

Any time we are all together as a family is a holiday for me and worth almost any flare, though.

Well, it is time to go strip the bed in the guest room.

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.