Skip to content
Hump Day ****6/19/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....and a happy hump day to each of you. MiMi in NC and the sun is shining bright this morning....just hope that it continues for a while. We did get showers yet again yesterday. So much rain off and on.

My GD had her week-end with her dad and she decided that she needed to stay longer....so she did....yesterday she woke up and did not feel good so my DD took her to the doctor and she had an ear infection. She did NOT want to go back with her mom and so she stayed another day. I find this quite interesting since most of the time when a child is sick they want to be in their own space. She is supposed to go back today but I do not know for sure that is going to happen. She had talked to her dad before school was out and told him that she wanted to spend the summer with him. He is out of town right now and she stayed here anyway. I think this is going to get quite interesting before long. She loves to hang out with all of us. She is indeed her daddy's little girl. I guess time will tell what might happen.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest....and I hope today will be a good day for all of us with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find the *right combination of tools* that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find what may or may not work. So hang in here with us and learn all you can about what other FMers do.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. It requires just a simple blood test but you MUST ASK the doctor to check this...since it is NOT included in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do. (It seems like some doctors are still not *on board* with making this a part of what needs to be checked on everyone-I continue to hope that this will soon change).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this spring day....(Summer is right around the corner now).

Have a good one and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week MiMi and all. I hope your day is going well and that today will be a day with no fibro issues or pain.

Will make this a short post as I have the little ones here and my older GS, 12, is off with his other grandpa today. Gonna miss his help as he was supposed to help me with the little ones activities. Taking them bowling this afternoon and I sure could use his help with them at the bowling alley.

As for weather and temps t's all sunshine and clear skies out side now. Nice. We had rain on and off yesterday. It's warm too. That's also very nice. It's good that today is so nice because I have the little ones here with me and out of doors is where I'd like them to be. We put up a two seat swing for them, and a small pool. We sat out door last night as they played in the pool. Started the fire pit for them and it was so nice. Fire flies here and there, clear sky with tons of stars, the fire and the laughter of happy children. Who could ask for more.

MiMi, sorry about the little ones ear infection. I hope it clears quickly so she can enjoy her time there with all of you.. and I am so happy for your son, GD, you and your family because she's so happy being with her family again. Prayers answered. And I hope she is able to stay with her dad, you and the family a lot now that it's summer.

Cory, still winter weather there? That is so weird that spring temps haven't found your area yet. I know in Alaska they've got a heat wave going @ 70 degrees. And yet you haven't broken that yet. Wish I could send you some of our warm temps.

Lou, congratulations to your family on all the collage freshmen heading out to good collages this year. That's wonderful!

Mary, so glad the shots are working so well. I haven't looked into getting any but having seen so many here getting relief I just may ask about them as I have so many painful trigger points that I'd love to not have hurt or trigger fibro ' events'.

Okay, little ones are up and at 5 and 7 they can get busy.

Gentle hugs to all.. Have a great day..
Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
A late afternoon hello...

My DH and I managed to sneak away today and go walk around the zoo...what a beautiful day it was..and as we like to do..stopped to have lunch at a nice restaurant they have there..

My sister is coming into town tomorrow and is going to give me some help with mom and dad....She lives on the East Coast and I on the West Coast ..so it is a long way to come..hope it all works out..

Mimi..I am amazed that your GD is able to stay extra there..I am surprised her mom isn't there INSISTING that she come home ...very strange indeed...hope it all works out ok.

Linda..hope you have fun with the little ones..sounds great..and I know exhausting..but still fun..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Wednesday everyone!
I have been ill the last few days. The skin on my legs is hurting so bad I can barely stand it. I feeling like bee's are stinging me all over. I have to shave my legs everyday or the hair will feel like needles sticking me. I am miserable. I have to take very hot showers every day just so I can function. It is very hard to work everyday. I have to wear thin pants that are very soft to be able to work at my desk at day. I am praying this will pass soon. I also had a stomach virus that kept me bed ridden and toliet ridden all weekend. I am so grateful that has passed.

Mimi and I so glad you got to spend extra time with your GD. I am glad her mother let her stay.

Cory I will trade weather with you! We have been close to 100 with feel like temps around 110 - 115. So humid I can barely breath when I am outside. But I guess the hot temps are a good trade off for beautiul winter weather. Even tho I do miss snow.

Linda, I am glad you are getting to spend time with your grand children. It is so good they are so helpful. So many young people do want to help any adults these days.

Cece, the walk sounded so lovely. I love going to the zoo. We do not have one close around here.

Mary, I am glad you are starting to feel better.

I hope everyone has a great week without pain and lots of good sleep.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

dollbug replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Hello Debbie....I was reading your post and had to laugh....now I do not know how old you are but I am now 60. I do not have to hardly ever shave my legs any longer. And when I wash my hair I have lots of hair which sheds. I still think I have thyroid problems. But then again perhaps this is for people my age.

I do know that I use to have to shave every day myself or I could not stand the needle like pins on me. I know exactly what you are saying.

Sorry that you had a virus. Just dealing with the wrath of the dragon is enough.....without any other added things to deal with. I am glad that it has gotten better. I hate being sick with stomach problems.

Do you take or have you tried taking magnesium? I know that when I first got sick my feet felt like I was walking on pins and needles all the time. There were also days when they felt like they were asleep. Neither a good feeling at all. I no longer have these feelings at all and I think it has something to do with the magnesium.

Here is hoping the rest of the week will be good for you.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Short post tonight, typing Is difficult after today's work. Mimi, my youngest has had a few nasty ear infections, painful buggers. I hope it clears up fart for her and that she is able to spend the summer with her dad.

Linda R, we have had 2 days that hit 80 for a short time. mostly low 60's, and a few 70's. The morning has brought some ugly 30's here and there too. It does look like it will get warmer soon along with rain. It has been fairly dry here so we can use it.

Debbie, I will take my cold temps over your hot and muggy. I hope is eases up on you there.

Cece, I hope your sister is a big help. I know you can use a break with your folks.

I had more drama with my boss. It seems that he just can't figure out my training. It is his thought to just throw me in the fire and I train myself. It had me all stressed at work. I spoke to his boss and got some things worked out. I don't like to complain. Nor do I like having to go up past my boss to get answers he should be able to respond to. It seems to be a trend. I am glad the guys on the floor with me are all good people. Things could be far worse. I just hope they get better.

I hope you all have a good night. take care everyone.

Cory

Bette_K replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Oh, Cory, those ear infections are bad news. My younger son got one every time he had the slightest cold. Then he became allergic (hives!) to the ampicillin. Poor kid, he would get a temp of 102 and just be miserable. He usually got diarhea at the same time--even without the antibiotics. He still gets one or two a year at 41.

So sorry about that incompetent boss of yours. The bad part is that YOU are the one who will be responsible for any work you do incorrectly simply because no one showed you how to do the job the right way. That's the way that major mistakes are made, the kind of mistakes that cost the company big bucks. You are in a bad place. The stress of it all is not helping your FM. Are your wrists at least behaving themselves a little better? Thank goodness you have great coworkers. That helps a lot.

MiMI, it will be interesting to see how the summer vacation plays out with your dear grandaughter. The custody judge should see how much happier she is with you and her father.
There must be more to her love of time with you than the sheer novelty of things. If only the judge would sit down with her and just talk. Hope the nicer weather brought you a kinder, gentler dragon (fibro) today.

Cece, it's only fair that your sister help with the decisions that will have to be made for and with your folks. It is a big responsibility and should be a joint effort. Are the places you visited last year any help as a starting point? Have your parents come to understand that their present situation is not the safest and best one for them anymore? You certainly do not want to be in the position of pressuring them to do something they will reproach you for. I hope having your sister around is something that eases some of your stress and not just one more hassle. (As a visit from MY sister would be.[That size 8, Barbara Mandrell look-alike>).

Debbie, you have my condolences. I have trouble when the temp hits 75 or so here. And like I said, at 69 I still have to wear long PJ's to keep my legs apart--shaved or unshaved. I need those thin pants too. I cannot wear shorts or skirts, because I feel the air on my legs and just cringe. What a wierd feeling.

Linda, what a grandmother you are. Any kid would be lucky to have someone who takes him bowling AND introduces him to a few dozen fireflies. It sounds like fun. Tiring fun, but fun.
You can rest later. Right now your're depositing memories in your grandkids' memory bank accounts--and in yours too. What a perfect summer experience. Hope the 12 year old (your helper) can spend time with his cousins having fun and getting to know each other as family. Growing up, my grandparents were quite old, but all 5 aunts would invite me to spend at least one week with the cousins. It was great doing things in another household. We went to 3 different vacation Bible schools, picked out patterns and fabric and sewed new school clothes, picked blackberries, and splashed in 2 brooks. What fun!

Mary, hope this is the start of a protracted spell of flare-free living. Whatever you're doing, bottle it up for the rest of us.
Hope your weather is perfect for you and your fibro. Try to enjoy your good days gently, but thoroughly.

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.