Skip to content
Fibro medications
fibrokathy posted:
I am curious as to how helpful your medications are to you. I take Savella and Gabapentin, and still ache. My dr. is raising the Savella so I will see if I have any improvement.

Honestly, I am tired of taking medication that do not work for me. Do any of you get by without taking any medication and what do you do to control the pain?

dollbug responded:
Hello fibrokathy and welcome. MiMi in NC. I have tried several different kinds of medicines but did not find any which helped me without causing other side effects.

I finally did my own research and learned all I could about this illness. I then did a trial and error process to see what might help me. It took me a long time but I finally figured it out for the most part. Now please know though that I am NOT painfree, nor do I expect to be. I am so much better now than I was which I first got sick. I have learned how to *control my FM pain* by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well. I also suffer from *chronic fatigue* though and I have NOT found anything that has helped this. My fatigue is now worse than any pain that I have had.

I take the following: Magnesium Malate and Fibro Response (found in vitamin store) I take only 1 each every day, Omegas, (I take the salmon version) a good multi vitamin with extra D. (I take source one for 50 plus from walmart and I only take one a day- even though it says 2 is needed. I have recently started taking P5P which is a processed form of Vitamin B 6....these are the ones which help my FM pain. I take others as well for different health issues.

I also drink plenty of water each and every day. Water is almost the only liquid I drink. (I am trying some juice right now).

I also try to keep myself on some sort of schedule of sorts...getting up and going to bed at the same time every day...eating around the same time.....I also do gentle stretches and/or exercises....(GENTLE is the key word here).

I have also learned how to pace, pace and pace even more....which is really important. Getting enough sleep is also a must for me.....(there are times which this does not happen though)

Learning how to keep your stress down is also important....if you can find a way to do so.

Taking a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts helps my body to relax so that I can sleep better.

I do sleep in a recliner (though not by choice) and have done so since 2005.

OK...I hope this provides you with some things that you might try. Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources*....and be sure to review the *member toolbox*....I am sure you will find some other good tools to try.

Vitamin D.....have you asked your doctor to check your Vitamin D level?????? This is really important for a lot of people these days. Do your own research on this....there are some good links here on Vitamin D...check under resources and tips.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.