Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****6/20/2013 ****day before the beginning of summer season
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....well....summer is almost here....as we approach the longest day of the year. MiMi in NC and it is going to be another nice hot day here. Not much of a spring we had....we have been overly blessed with rain though and hot muggy weather. I hope each of you have nice weather to enjoy today.

I also hope that everyone had a good night's rest. I slept ok but woke up too darn early again. Furbabies thought they needed to go out and woke me up around 4 this am. I was able to drift back off to sleep again but this does not help me getting enough rest.
I do realize just how important sleep is to me....but there are times when I can do nothing about it. I do have muscle relaxers to take but I do not like taking them as I get a *foggy feeling* from them.

We took my GD back last night...she cried and was NOT happy about this. She wanted to know if she could ask her mom if she could stay longer and I told her that Popi would wait until she talked to her mom. But she did not get to return. I think she will soon be spending a lot of time with her dad though. It is sad to see her so unhappy when she leaves. I knew though that this would happen over 3 years ago when she was NOT allowed to see her dad. I tried to tell her mom just how hard this would be on her. She is her daddy's little girl though and nothing will ever change this.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find the right combination of tools that will help you cope better. You will find some good info here under *tips* and *resources*....and also be sure and review the *member toolbox*. Everything does require a process...and there are no overnight fixes. You should allow at least 6-8 weeks before you might actually *feel a difference*.

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is so important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Happy End of Spring!

It's SO nice here in southeastern New England, it's 75? with a high of 78? to come. The humidity is gone, and it's quite nice out there!

Mimi, I'd sad for your GD. She knows who loves her and how much, and it must be difficult to see her cry when she has to "go back". Some adults don't realize the damage they do badmouthing their ex-spouse. I hope you and your son get to see her more and more over the summer.

This will be a short post - one of my external hard drives went bad, and I couldn't get everything off it. *sigh* We're so dependent on the technology, we forget that these things don't last forever.

Have the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Happy summer solstices everyone. I hope your today, the longest day of 2013, is a good one. I also hope that none of you has to deal with fibro issues or pain.

It's a warm and sunny day here, 88. Pop up rain chances, as this is how late spring and summer goes. WOW it's gonna be summer now. Not a great spring so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that summer is not too hot, not to rainy, not to muggy. One can only hope.

Yesterday went well. I am afraid that they will begin to miss their mom and dad and their in Cancun, MX and are just emailing me, no calls, each day to see how the kids are. If the little ones get lonely there's not much I can do.. so I try to keep them busy. The little ones played out side in either the pool or running around yesterday. All happy sounds. When I tried to get them to go bowling or a movie they opted out for the pool. Go figure? Today DH is home and the little ones are keeping him busy refilling the pool, making breakfast and playing Xbox games. Oh the joys of being a grand parent... and yes we're loving it.

Later today I hope to get them out of the pool and off to a movie or bowling before picking up my 10 year old GS. His mom and dad are heading off to, where I was supposed to go, Atkins, NC and then onto Charleston, SC. Sigh

Aside from that not much in the way of news here. Been off Gabapentin two weeks now and feel just fine. I dropped the Gabapentin pounds and am back to my ' normal' post Gabapentin weight. Yea that! IBS not worse, but still dealing with it.

MiMi, really makes me sad to hear how the little one hates to leave. I know she feels so loved and cared about with her dad, you and the family there. I wish and hope that times helps her realize your all there for her, short visit or long and that your not going to let her get away from you. Perhaps knowing that your love is always with her she'll cry less because she knows she'll be right back in a few days. I do hope she gets to stay longer now that it's summer. Surely her mother will want a few weeks perhaps, to her self and let her stay with her dad? One can hope she will.

cece, I am SOOO GLAD your sister is coming for a visit. I am so happy for you .It will be so nice to have the extra help with you parents and maybe you two can come up with a plan for the next step concerning your parent's long term care. And I LOVE THE ZOO there in SD. I always tried for a visit there if I had a 2 day stay. Well in truth I love SD for all it's great attractions. TJ isn't a bad draw for me either when it comes to shopping and I'm that close. Someday I'll have to share with you my story about when Rudy, the girls and I bought a wrought iron bird cage there. Funny looking back, not funny then.

Cory, I hope your son's ear infection heals quickly. Ear infections are always so hard on the little ones. glad that some nice, warm weather has found you neck of the woods. I hope some gets there and stays there. My cousin in Fairbanks, Alaska posted on fib that the heat wave continues at 88 at 10 at night. Well not night as their days are going pretty much 23 hours of day light.(

Debbie, feel well QUICKLY. Summer colds, flu or stomach bugs are the worst to have during the late spring and summer. I'm waiting for my annual early summer cold. No matter how I try to avoid it with Vit C I always get one. UGH. Feel well
<<< HUGS >>>> going out to you.

Lou, sorry about the ex hard drive.. I never am able to retrieve all my stuff or programs for my hard drives. I had my I just try to reload them onto the new lap top.

Betty-K, thanks for the kind words but I don't do anything more than any other grandma here. GC are hard not to love and when I get my hands on them I, well, over buy and over spoil. I had to laugh the other day when my 10 year old GS answered my question about being spoiled by saying " Am I spoiled? You have to ask? " I FOTFL.

With that I will close this here.. Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.