Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****6/22/2013*****Super Moon tonight****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and it is supposed to be another nice day here with lots of sunshine. It is now 66* and very nice outside. I would really like to have some *cool days*....just so I can get some things done outside. The hot weather just about takes what little energy I have. I start in the mornings feeling ok....not enough energy but as the day moves on and it gets hotter I lose what little energy I have. I can only wish that I could find something that would help. I have tried the protein drinks for a while and other things as well but so far no change.

I guess chronic fatigue is like the wrath of the dragon....we just have to figure out how to pace and cope with it. I am sleeping better at night which is a good thing when I do.

Here is hoping everyone had a good week and I hope everyone will have a great week-end as well. Remember to take a look at the *Super Moon* tonight....it is supposed to be bigger tonight and this will not happen again for another year.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. There are no quick fixes or a magic pill that I am aware of that will send FM packing....everything is a process. So hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others do that may or may not help you as well. We are all different and have to find the *just right combination of tools* that will make a difference in how we feel.

Vitamin D....so important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I read somewhere that there are some people calling Vitamin D the *magic pill*....well, to me....it comes really close.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to pace, pace and pace some more and drink lots of water today.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning MIMI and Fmily.....

I don't have much to say, still trying to open the pool and TODAY I will!!

I saw a BUMPER STICKER and I HAVE TO FIND IT AND BUY IT.

"SOMETIMES THE DRAGON WINS!"

OMG when I saw this in traffic I was taken back with A HA MOMENT...I loved it. It had a little lavender dragon on it!! Holy Cow....it fits like a glove...

They had a dragon on the lower back widow of the car too...not a scarey one, one I would invision.

Coming home from work...very tired and aching in spots and seeing that....WOW I just thought :NOT TODAY!"

So I am going to look through probably millions of sticker on the search of the internet and see if I can find that. I have no stickers on my car but that I would do.....it was just as I envisioned my tattoo!! (No Mimi I never got it!) HA....

OK, so much on the burner for today....still awaiting meds to release me.

Hugs to all, Nancy B

missist replied to booch007's response:
Hi all..

I just wrong a nice chatty post and hit 'cancel'

so.. I'm pooped and

'That's all she wrote"

Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone, It is cool and dreary here for Grandma's Marathon this morning. The starting line is about 2 miles from my house. Every hotel and campsite within 100 miles is likely booked. It is the one day up here when you do not want to be in Duluth. My little town isn't bad. I suppose the cool temps are great for running and the fog keeps the sunburn away. We are supposed to be in the low 80s the rest of the week.

I just realized I hadn't posted since Wednesday. I just went through and read the rest to catch up. I have been feeling slightly better. I had a much needed massage on Thursday that made me aware of how locked up I was. My sciatic was lingering again and the whole back top to bottom was one big knot. I did my deep breathing during it to allow more pressure. It was a little less enjoyable, but the after effects were good. I am a little sore, but feel less of a wreck.

My left wrist is still touchy but the brace and Penetrex help. My right wrist has a pea sized lump on the inside at the base of my thumb. No pain, but a weird little thing that just popped up. I think it's just another sign that my body does not agree with what I do to it. As Mary said, it's always something.

Sorry to confuse you guys, Aden has had ear infections in the past, not currently. The most recent was a month or so ago. They said his eardrum would rupture but thankfully never did. He is a tough kid. Tougher than me for sure.

I still take a lot of pride in my work. I have a good job that just has poor management. I still work with a lot of great people but I do vent here sometimes. Thanks for listening. My job is very physical and wears me down. I don't know how long I can keep doing it.

Things are pretty good today depite the gloom outside. We still will try to get out and walk between showers. I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory.....I wondered if you were ok since you had not posted in a few days. I am glad that you are feeling better.

Right wrist with pea size lump....could it be a cyst? I say that because I ended up with one on my left wrist....and it had to be removed....the surgeon ended up and had to graft some bone to fill the space which was left....I had carpal tunnel surgery and he fixed the cyst too....it ended up being a lot more complex than he had expected it to be. I ended up being in a full cast for over 9 weeks....and I had pins holding my wrist together....it was NOT a fun time. I do agree....we, FMers, always deal with one thing or yet something else. It seems like it is a vicious cycle.

Talking about ear infections....the doctor told my GD that she could go swimming even though she had the ear infection and was on medicine. The doctor said though that she did not need to get overly tired....REALLY? Now I raised 3 children and I do not remember being told that it was ok for them to swim when they were sick. I guess times have really changed....in more ways than one.

Cory, I do hope you can try to pace at work....as I wonder just sometimes how you do all that you do. Dealing with FM is quite stressful just by itself....so I have no idea just how you continue to work and then come home and continue to do other things as well. I hope things get better for you. But you should also remember that it is left up to you to take care of yourself.

Take care and I hope the weather will soon be nice.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Wolfsong452 responded:
thanks for the heads up on the moon, while I'm out on patrol, I will take the time to look at it.

have had a very stressful week.

FM flare hasn't helped.
working a different shift, so that messes up my system. Hurray, just what I needed!

"NOT"

wasn't able to see boyfriend for the last 3 weeks, they're having a tent sale at the car dealership. 14 hour days. He's barely answered my text messages, let alone to see me. He did send a text today saying I was special,

ahhhhh! nice of him to say that,

off to go on patrol,

mnjeepguy replied to dollbug's response:
Mimi, thanks for the thoughts. I do pace as well as I can at work. Day by day. As for the Dr.'s comments, they do not always know best. The fog has visibility down to a couple blocks. I don't think I will see the moon tonight. Maybe I will get lucky and it will shine through it.

Wolfsong, I hope you feel better soon and get to see your guy too.

Cory

Bette_K replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

I once had a wrist ganglion that sounds a lot like your "bump."

Back in the old days, you'd find a large, heavy book and slam it down on the ganglion. It got rid of the ganglion. According to the surgeon who removed mine, the book "treatment" was very effective at breaking wrists and minimally effective at curing wrist ganglions.

Mine was a nuisance on my left wrist. It was always being irritated by my watch. I use the leather-banded type because the stretchy ones hurt. The watchband was always rubbing and catching on the ganglion.

So, now I have a small scar on the left wrist. It matches all the others elsewhere and most people think it was from carpal tunnel.

Bette

Bette_K replied to booch007's response:
Nancy,

I sure hope you got that pool up and running. If your weather was anything like ours, you needed that pool today and will need it all week.

About the stickers. My DH (no, he does not rate having those words spelled out on this one) is an avid hunter, NRA member, and Republican. I am none of these. He gets stickers and threatens to put them on my car. Every now and then, he just plasters them on.

Warming them with a hair dryer makes it easy to remove any outdated or obnoxious stickers. Believe me, I know.

Bette

Bette_K replied to missist's response:
Mary,

Don't you just hate it when that happens. You write this great post, get ready to send it, and hit the wrong button.

Personally, I think it's the fibrofog that gets us--every time.

How are those plants you put on your patio?

Bette

Bette_K responded:
Mimi,

Me, too. That sick feeling you get when it is hot and humid is like an instant fibrofog with a little nausea thrown in.

As you know, I'm a big believer in the power of a warm bath or shower. However, I've had too many episodes of coming out of the shower with my whole body sweating. Now it's slightly cooler showers and distinctly cooler shampoos. Not fair! But, as we all know, fibro is far from fair.

Have a great Sunday!

Bette

Bette_K replied to Wolfsong452's response:
Wolf,

Shift changes must really mess with your fibro. Are you able to use some melatonin? If so, a little bit before you climb into your before-bed tub might help your body know that--for you at least--it's really bedtime.

Hope you soon get the comfort of your sweetie's companionship. It's amazing how much better you can feel just by being near the people you love! (But give him a day or two after the sale to catch up on his sleep. This way, you'll be seeing a warm, loving pussycat--not a snarling, stressed out Simba.)

Hope the flare subsides soon, too. Then you'll be less of a Simba, yourself.

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.