Skip to content
Sunday ****6/23/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is going to be summer days for a while now....hot, hot, hot. Did I say it was going to be HOT?
OMG....I think I will be looking forward to fall this year....I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving....as my life will change again....I love having a new little blessing....to cherish and love and of course spoil. I am so hoping for another little girl. My GD does NOT want the baby to be a little girl though. Funny thing how some children view another child in the family. She is spoiled...and I think she knows just how spoiled she is. She missed out on so much the past 3 years and I am not even sure she knows just how long she was not allowed to see us...but I think she has now figured out why. We still do not know exactly what she was told and we might never know...but sometimes actions speak louder than words. I think she is still afraid that one day she will not see us again. So sad to know that she is so insecure. I do know she worries about her dad selling his place. She has moved so much which has not been a good thing for her.

Anyway...I overdid yesterday and boy did I pay for it. It is so easy to get wrapped up in something and especially if you have several projects which need to get addressed....well, I have more than just several. So much to do and I do not have the energy or the strength to do things like I use to...not a good thing at all. I do know and understand how pacing it so very important as well....it is just that sometimes I do not even *think* about it.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest....I didn't and I woke up too darn early as well...another bad thing added to my chronic fatigue.

This too will pass though and I can only hope it will e soon.

Well....I also missed the moon last night...meant to take a look at it but then got distracted. (so easy for me to do these days).

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find the right combination of tools that will help you improve and ease your daily journey with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

It does take a trial and error process....you try something and IF it works....great....if NOT, then you start searching again. Quite simple, right? Well, it might be, IF you did not have the pain in the meantime to deal with....but nothing is easy for us FMers...it is a process to go through which does take time and effort.

Learn all you can about this ugly and mean illness...and then GET MAD...as Nana B says...learn how to *dance with the dragon instead of draggin the dragon. DO NOT LET IT WIN****we, FMers, must keep on keeping on until we find what works for us.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is important....you just have to remember to do it as well...knowing about it is one thing....doing it is another.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so important these days to a lot of people. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good day.

That's all folks.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi, I don't get to say that often. It is 49 and raining with heavy fog. Just a few days ago they said 80s for this week. Now, after installing 4 widow AC's yesterday they lowered it to low 70's. I had to put three in at my house and one at the fibro-friend down the street. It was one of those jobs I should not be doing, but it had to be done.

Having had significant pain lately, I am going back on Gabapentin. I was taking it 2 times a day. The issue was it didn't seem to help enough. It did not last long in my system. I weaned off of it to see if I noticed a change. I do now. I am going to take it three times a day and see how it goes, and consult my Dr.

I overdid things too, today is a day of rest. I hope yours is too. Take care everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory.....OMG....49* and raining.....I guess I will just stick to NC weather then. It is sunny this morning but they say we might have some showers later. I do hope you will get some good weather soon.... At least you are now ready for hot weather. What a good neighbor and friend you are to help your fibro friend. There should be more people in the world like you.

I have always thought that people, especially family and close friends should reach out and help people who are in need....it is a tough world in this day and time. I know that I worry about my 3 children....especially with what 2 of them have been faced with, without doing anything to cause it. GOOD GRIEF****I hate to even think what might be in store next. With everything going on though....all I can do is HOPE AND PRAY* Even the attorneys do NOT know how to resolve the issue.

Yesterday my GS told me that he wanted lasagna so I am having this for our *family lunch* today. My DH and I were talking yesterday about family traditions....we use to eat Sunday lunch with my DH's family and catch up on the news of whatever might be going on. My DH is one of 8 children...with now 5 living - as 3 brothers have passed on. Now....not all of the children attended lunch on Sundays but the majority of them at least stopped by to check on them. Funny how I guess I am the only one who has carried this *family tradition on*....as most Sundays we have family lunch together and of course I do the cooking. Love this time with my children and my grandchildren.

Cory, I hope you will indeed get some good rest today and feel refreshed and better at the end of the day.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy replied to dollbug's response:
I strongly believe in helping who I can. I will need someone's help someday. It also just makes me feel good to help those who need it and say thanks.

I am doing better this evening. My back was pretty bad early in the day but it has improved. I had a nice relaxing day today. It was pretty foggy but it warmed up to the 60's this afternoon.

It's great to have traditions that keep family together. We are trying to keep that going after my grandmother passed away a couple years ago. She was amazing. She had us for dinner every other Thursday for many years, so we would all stay close.

I hope you get the rest you need tonight. Take care everyone.

Cory

Bette_K replied to mnjeepguy's response:
MiMi, Cory, and all who are here,

It hit 80 here in WNY with high humidity. Just what we really needed. Part of our county had flash floods this evening, but we got nothing.

Yesterday we drove to Rochester to pick up our younger son. We had a few shopping stops while we were in the city. Then we tried out a new restaurant before we started home. The line was out the door, but since the guys had wanted so much to eat there I just kept mum. That pesky back started hurting in its usual 5 minutes. The wait was 25 minutes. Sheer agony. Then there was the 2 hour drive back home. Hubby is a nervous city driver so I do it.

Guess who spent another day in bed today. Well, of course, I had to be up for part of the day. It's just that since I overdid on Saturday, there was no 5 minutes of grace before the back started hurting. As soon as I stood up--or, to a lesser extent, sat up--the pain shot up to an 8. No one can cry constantly, but I sure felt like doing so.

But it is great having both sons at home. MiMi's right about the family meals. Even this darn spine couldn't keep me from sitting at the table tonight.

Cory, it's great that your back got better by evening. That's always a relief and a hope for a better workweek, too.

MiMi, those fears and regrets are natural, but do not let them intrude on the joy of having the grandkids with you now. You are truly blessed. And you had today with your family.

Sweet dreams to all with pain free tomorrows.

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.