Skip to content
Monday, Monday *****6/24/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is going to be a hot humid muggy summer day and only going to get hotter as the days come and go this week. I am still having major issues with my eyes. This is the worse time that I have ever had....itching, burning and watering and then really dry....do not quite understand why they have been so bad. I think we all know that it seems to be one thing or yet another for us FMers to deal.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and that today will be a go day for us all. I did rest ok but woke up too early again. It is really bad when I wake up tired and can not drift back off to sleep more. I end of tossing and turning and just have to get up then.

So much going on around the country....this modern day technology has proven to not be a good thing for a lot of people these days. I know that I find it quite interesting that people think they have to be on the phones or computers all the time. People go out to eat and have to stay on them waiting for their meal to be served. It is interesting to go out and see a family of several members and all of them are doing something on the phone....instead of communicating with the other people. I guess this has become a way of life for a lot of people. I have to chuckle as well since my GSs think they have to be doing something as well....most of the time they are playing some sort of game.
And then I think about the privacy and just how secure all of this is/or NOT. Perhaps people are actually *sharing* more than they actually mean to with people they do not know. I guess this is the chance that we all have to take though....as we never truly know who is behind the scenes of the computer.

Blue Bell Ice Cream - Italian Cream Cake....I saw several commercials about it and had to try it....it is expensive but I bought it anyway. My GS told me that I could make a million dollars on it. LOL. Funny things that children say. It is a good thing though and even better on a hot day.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find the right combination of tools that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort and there are no quick fixes that I am aware of. So hang in here with us, ask questions and know that most of us know exactly what you are dealing with....as we have been there, done that.

Vitamin D.....again I remind those of you who have not yet talked to your doctor about checking your Vitamin D level.....to do this soon.....as it just might be a way to ease part of the pain you are dealing with. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for a lot of people these days.....and it can also affect other illnesses as well.
The best thing is it is a cheap fix.....but takes time and effort to get your level within the *normal range*.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Enjoy your week and try to pace, pace and pace even more....your body will thank you for this.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Monday Morning Mimi and all to follow!

Well I was kind of surprised today that I got up feeling lighter, my legs weren't bothering me at all. Kind of nice for a change.

I opened the door to let my dogs out and omg is it humid. yuk!

Looking out the window I could see that there did not seem to be a line where I could tell what was the lake and what was the sky. So that would be a pretty saturated sky.

Since then the air is cleared a bit and I can see lots of pollen floating on the water- so... we have hot/humid & pollen. awesome. (kidding)

Mimi--I'm betting that's why your eyes are sore.. mine are pretty itchy too-- we've been pollinated.

I'm working in my lower room today where the AC keeps it pretty chilly so that's fine. Got a couple small orders overnight, which is nice. My etsy shop has been pretty slow, but I just started to try to push a bit for more sales and voila!

Hubby is coming home unexpectedly tomorrow night just for the night, he has another job interview in this area. Hoping that is it.

He has more vacation starting Friday, so hopefully he will get our boat finished. The new dock he did on his last vacation looks really nice.

Well I guess I'll get showered up and start working.

Hope you all have a good productive day and not too much pain. Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday one and all. I hope your weekend was a good one and that your day is going well.

This will be a short post as I have my two older GS's here. They really don't need me to watch them as they are self starters who will play Xbox games all day if I let them. I plan to take them bowling in a bit after making breakfast. As little as they need me it was the other way around on how on the run I was with the 5 and 6 year old. OMG they were into everything and asking for everything. Thank goodness for the 10 year old GS who was a big help with them. I was always up and doing and so longed for a minute's rest. Whew, so happy that DH and I dropped them off to the parents who flew in last night from Cancun, MX.

But they had a good time and the little ones were none the worse for wear when their mom and dad got home. And DD surprised me by giving me a very expensive pair of white gold and black diamond earrings for watching the little ones. They are so dog gone pretty. She warned me not to lose them as they cost a couple of hundred dollars. Okay I can do that.

It's nice and hot here today. Into the 90's but no rain chances so that's good. I love weather like this being from California, hot and hotter doesn't faze me. Hot and muggy is, on the other hand, what I don't like. UGH. But this will be the kind of weather we will have from now on. On the high side, DH told me because we had so much going on last week and didn't catch much of break that he'd take me down to the Gulf this weekend. Yea that.. I need a beach.

Mimi, I so know what you mean. And I'm one of those who has my cell phone in hand everywhere, instead of talking one on one. I am trying my best to limit my use of the phone for anything besides talking now while out with DH and others. Funny story on that subject, I was in surgery a few years ago and in the middle of the surgery the doctors heard a cell phone ringing. They looked at each other, followed the sound and found my cell phone ringing. LOL I had it in my hand beneath the sheets. But yeah it's rude to those with me that I am on the phone not taking to them.

Betty_K, you live near Rochester, NY? I was born in Canandaigua. Haven't been there since I was a few days old, but my mother's family is from there. I don't know much about them since my parents divorced when I was just a baby and I was taken to LA to live. Over the years my sister and I just kind of didn't keep in touch with her or here side. Sad. Need to get up there and do family research on them. I don't even have a picture of my grandparents. I know that my grandparents were founding father's of the village of Canandaigua and the whole family is buried in the Historic cemetery there.

Okay, not much to post about today. So will close this here by wishing each of you a wonderful day
Gentle hugs, Linda R

Bette_K replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda,

We live 10 miles south of the Villiage of Wellsville in the Shongo valley. The next valley south is Genesee, PA. It is very rural. I welcome our visits 100 miles north to visit our son. Mostly to see him, but partly to shop and do other city-type things.

Canandaigua is a beautiful small city in the Finger Lakes. It is a lovely place to visit at the northern end of the wine country.

The spine has improved from Saturday's standing in line at the restaurant. I can sit reasonably comfortably. Standing is still a pain.

Son is already chomping at the bit to go into town and see his friend in the music store. That will have to wait at least another day for my back to tolerate car time.

It's hot and muggy here too! Chance of showers all week, but no relief from them. Bummer!

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening, hot and muggy is the theme for the day everywhere it seems. It was only in the 80s here, but I woke to completely fogged over windows it is so humid. The mill was 90-100 on the floor and much hotter in higher levels. I was lucky to work near an open door to the outside most of the day. We have to wear coveralls so that makes it worse. Lots of fluids.

Once home is was starting to cool and the humidity dropped some. It's down to 63% now. I mowed the lawn quick and grilled some burgers. I even felt up to walking our full 3.5 miles today. I haven't felt up to it for a while.

My wrist is improving more. The combination of the Penetrex and the brace are doing the trick I think. I forgot to put it on after work because it wasn't bothering me.

I hope you all get dryer weather tomorrow. It will only be 68 here. Take care everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
so glad the brace is helping you! Always works for me, I stop wearing it sometimes too, but its good to know that I have that helper when I need it, which eventually I always do.

Mary

debrabrooks1960 replied to missist's response:
Happy Tuesday to all!
I got my divorce papers today! I am now legally Debbie Lewis! It is so good to have my maiden name back. It is good getting to know "me" again. I will have to figure out how to change my profile now.
It has rained a lot here today. We really need the rain. One month we are flooding and the next month we are so dry. Luckily we have gotten rain over the last 5 days. More to come tomorrow.
My sister's sugery for her double mastecomy will be July 18th. Please keep her in your prayers, especially on that day.
I hope everyone has a good week ahead. Soft hugs to all.
Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mayville replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Congratulations!!!!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.