Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ****6/25/2013****another day of the same hot and muggy****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is going to be another hot and muggy day....with temps soon getting to the 90*....Yep....I think summer has indeed arrived....full force.

The hot humid weather is not a good thing for me....since I have little energy to begin with....this kind of weather just makes it even worse.

So much going on around the world....HIDE AND SEEK seems to be the game going on right now. I hate to wonder just what the media is trying to keep us from knowing about as there is always some sort of *distraction* of something that is as important, if not more so. Interesting just how this all works. Sometimes it is quite strange and weird....all of the things that considered *news* these days.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process as there is not a *magic pill* which works for all of us FMers....but perhaps one day, some day there will be....we can still hope.

Vitamin D....well....one can surely get some natural Vitamin D these days....if you can stand the heat. Low Vitamin D can make a difference in people's pain level....I know it sure did mine.
So if you have not gotten your Vitamin D level checked....this might be a good thing to speak to your doctor about when you can.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great day. Stay as cool as you can and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning FMilly, Mimi & All to follow..

Down here in SC it is still humid and wet. We were mid 80s yesterday, I didn't think it seemed all that warm, but it was humid.

Hubby comes home tonight but I won't see much of him. He has an early morning job interview and then he is heading back up to where he works. he'll be here all next week though-and I imagine working on our boat so we can put in the water here.

I'm back to business in my shop, pokeberrypatch.etsy.com

I was really slow for a while, mainly cuz I wasn't pushing my products at all-- I needed a slow down to get used a round of new meds and be ready for our kids to visit. All that is over now more or less.

I'm finding if I sleep well I can walk pretty good in the morning, so I'm making that a priority. I'm still gonna be pretty messed up by mid afternoon but for now I don't want to add more pills-- perhaps when I see the neuro next month.

Haven't been in the garden since Saturday--but that's OK. God is watering for me, and I will just work on my art work.

Hope you all have a good peaceful day without too much pain.
Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday y'all. Hope this summer day finds each of you in a good place, no fibro issues or pain, and that the weather will be kind to all. I will make this a very short post as there is nothing much to post about.

It's hot , 92 the high, not so muggy yet. It went muggy yesterday afternoon and then dumped a ton of rain with thunder and lightening. So goes summer days here.

Not a lot to mention here. Have the house back to myself. I got the sheets and pillow cases all washed, the floors cleaned and all the toys back in their place. I really will miss those little ones. It seems odd not to have the children's voices around the house. I almost felt like recording the laugher and happy voices so I'd have them when, like today, all is quite. But they'll be back and there will be happy times here for me to look forward to.

I have a dr appointment this a.m. so will close this here to get ready for it. Have a great day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Morning...it is a beautiful morning here...the weather has been very nice lately...warm enough..but not too warm..and at night the fog has rolled in on the coast..and reaches to us..to cool things off at night..so that is good..I still sleep with the fan going..but at least it isn't too hot to sleep.

My sister from the east coast was here for the last four days, and she had my parents and me tour a couple of assisted living places for them. There is one they said they would consider going to..and it is one that we had looked at before. It is nice, but it is probably the most expensive, and for what you get..it is pretty sad..I have such mixed feelings. I feel like if I could take better care of them, with meals, etc..they would be in better health..but I guess this is good..but OH...so much money..and now we have to figure out what they will charge exactly and see what can happen..

meanwhile, the church has offered my DH a 20 hour/ week job..which puts us in a bind as for trying to get up to see his mom...and my son is Seattle,...but it is something..and the money would be helpful..but still no health insurance..

DH is leaving soon to go do some volunteer work at the thrift shop..so I will go get him a good breakfast.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

ajnsmom responded:
Hi Everyone,

It's another hot day here in FL and it sure makes the fibro worse. This morning I've been having more joint pain in hip and legs, probably because of some extra walking I've been doing, so today I guess I need to take it easy. I have applied for SSDI, SSI, foodstamps, and Medicaid, so now I just have to wait and see if I'm approved. My last day at work was June 12. I just finally got to the point that I can't do it anymore because of fibro and diabetes complication, can't see how to drive anymore. That was a major adjustment accepting the fact that I can't drive. I'm now living with my son. I'm very thankful for him helping me! Here's hoping all of you have a good day.

Linda

debrabrooks1960 replied to ajnsmom's response:
Opps, I posted on Monday instead of Tuesday! FIbro fog getting in the way!
I hope everyone has a great week. I am looking forward to the weekend. I am going to try to go somewhere this weekend. Thinking about going to Panama City since it is only a hour south of here. I love going to the beach and watch the waves. I am afraid to get in the water since my balance is not as good as it use to be. I am afraid the current will knock me off my feet. I might just try wading in the shallow in.

Soft hugs to all,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
It was another nice warm day here and I think we hit 85 briefly. The humidity is still very high as well. I had to work a 10 today and felt OK. After resting for a bit when I got home we too our walk. By then it was about 80 and not too bad.

My in-laws are supposed to be here on Sunday from Texas. It will be good to see them again. I have to work until Wednesday but them I have a week and a half off. It will be nice to relax for a while. I'm a little fried and could use it.

Not much else new today, doing OK. Take care everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse responded:
Quick pop in here to post to cece's post, wish Debbie a great time down to the Gulf, tell Cory, Love the picture! And to say Welcome to Linda from Florida

cece, if you feel you can do the job better than anyone else then make that call and go with it. I am sure agonizing over it is doing your own health no good and the stress and worry of it isn't helping you either. So go with it.. move in and go from there.

Cory, you finally got 85! Yea that! Sorry about the humidity tho.

Debbie, DH and I are thinking of dropping down to Mobile, Al this weekend so I can hear the waves and feel the surf. Yea that. I hope if you go you have a wonderful time.

Welcome Linda from Florida. This is the first time I've had the chance to say hello to you. I hope you have made yourself right at home with all of us here on the board.

Okay, closing this here with gentle wishes to all, Linda R

fibroinsd replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Thanks Linda...but now my sister has my parents all happy to be going to this place..I have mixed feelings about it..we will see what happens..but yea..I think my health is at risk right now..last week my doctor put me on some pills ..steroids..that I guess help your adrenal glands when you are under stress...really ???me under stress??? naw...couldn't be.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.