Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ****6/26/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is hot and muggy again....a good old summer day....and it is only going to get hotter as the days pass....soon we will be hitting 90* although it will feel like this anyway....according to the weather people. The heat just takes my breath and what little energy I have. This kind of weather is not good for neither my mind nor my body. OK....I know that I wanted better weather....but not such HOT weather.
It is always something to deal with....all the time.

So....here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. I do hope there is better weather in store for all of us.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. What works for one may or may not work for another. Only you can be the judge of what works for you. For a lot of us it takes a *combination of tools* to make a difference.

Vitamin D....so important. Speak to your doctor about getting your level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's all for now.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning, Mimi & all fmily to follow!

Must be hotter up in NC today, my weather is only supposed to get to 89. LOL.. so big of a difference. We have thunderstorms again, had a huge one right over my lake yesteday, it was nice to see the new dock Hubby made handled the waves well.

Speaking of Hubby he was home for the night and has just left for his job interview. We think most likely the job doesn't pay as well as the one he has, so not sure how he will decide if it is offered to him. Difficult to change jobs at his age as you need to keep retirement in mind very much.

I am hoping he will find something in this area soon, we shall see..

I think I must have the best mockingbird in the world. He seems to have just about every song down--even wood thrush--which is like a flute--just lovely. He did a good long serenade this morning right near the window where I was sleeping. That's a great way to wake up. Far better than rooster or traffic noises.

I have some work to do for my etsy shop today, so that will be fun. I put it aside yesterday so I could get the house spiffed for Hubby. My 'shop' room opens to our screen porch downstairs and has windows overlooking the lake in it. The dogs get very excited when I am down there as they can see me and I let them in the porch so they can visit.

They're a bit depressed now, as Hubby left and they really like him to stay home. His vacation begins Friday though, so this time they won't have long to wait.

Hope you all have a good day, w/o too much pain.

Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week everybody. As always I hope this post of mine finds each of you in a good place where fibro issues and pain are not an issue.

It's hot here. Going up to the 90's today and muggy comes into play as well. As MiMi says this weather with it's heat and mugginess, is not good for mind or body. UGH I was out in it yesterday and I didn't think it was that bad, today however, the news people are saying, more of both: heat and mugginess. That should be a sign of pop up thunder storms later in the afternoon. Oh Joy- Joy.

Not much to say today. With the little ones back home life easy and less busy. I'm hoping to have my oldest GS here tomorrow so he can have the day to spend with DH. We waited 30 years to get this GS after having 3 DD's and then one very dear GD.

MiMi, really do understand that hotter is not always better. I wish it were possible for you to have less heat and less mugginess.

Mary, I have always wanted to have a lake front cabin, but DH is not that interested in boats or the need to hear water lapping onto the shore as I am. I do so envy you to beauty and the sounds of lake life.

Will close this here with well wishes to all. HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

Anon_10089 replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
I live in Northern California--in the valley. It's supposed to be 111 on Sunday. I hate anything over 85 and live with low grade headaches up to migraines in temps 90 . But it's obviously a huge heat wave. Even the bay area, where it's usually in the 60's-70's is supposed to be up in the 90's. No escape! It's almost worse in those places because since there is so few days of heat, many places do not even have air conditioning.

I am thankful to live in a small house that has great air conditioning. It's not very expensive to keep it cool!

missist replied to Anon_10089's response:
85 is about comfy for me too. would be a little better if not as humid. I like balmy 70s in the morning here, but I'm not as fond of hot afternoons.

In SC it is going to be humid and hot--that's just how it is. Its so beautiful here that I don't think I mind the time inside. I do have a smallish house also, 2 bedrooms. We are on a small cove of a lake.

Well anyhow-- news today-- hubby had an interview and really liked what he found at the company so we are hoping that they will call.. we shall see..

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was a long grueling day. I have had tougher ones, but it was tiring. We had our long day today and have to stay until the mill is running. Contractors held us up, so it was a 14hr day. I was stressed out all morning and it was hot and muggy. I'm glad that ones over

The Gabapentin seems to help taken 3 times a day. At twice a day I was on and off of it though the day. That actually seemed worse than nothing at all. I hope it keeps working.

I'm off to bed, have a great night. Take care everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Glad to hear that, I was thinking of asking my dr about a 3rd dose of celebrex--but I don't know if I can stomach it--perhaps a 3rd dose of gabapentin would be better. I'm at that place too--where its just not quite enough.

BTW--just wanted to mention this-- about the wrist brace. I have a clean pair that I wear to bed--but I also have some old nasty pairs that I use when I am working-- I am an artist and work with wood alot--so I wear these when I sand by hand, and when I work with tools etc.. it helps very much.
Mary

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.