Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Summer Cold
mayville posted:
Hi All! I'm sorry to say that I'm getting a summer cold. I know that summer colds are awful, but, does anyone feel worse with fibro?
Everything seems to be 1000 times worse. Can anyone relate? What do you do?

missist responded:
I've got a small cold that has now lasted about 3 weeks! LOL. I know, everyone else got over it, but me.

Anyhow I think you rest for fibro, and it seems to me that helps it. But don't lay in bed too long or the cold will get worse.

Sez me-as if I knew something cuz mine just is hanging on, although I don't have that much pain from the fibro, just other symptoms.

Hope you are better soon.
Mary

Bette_K responded:
Mayville, OF COURSE colds are worse for those of us with fibro. Our periods are more painful. Our sunburns hurt more. Our bodies have a heightened response to pain. And we also have chronic fatigue (with or without chronic fatigue syndrome) and no relief from what sleep we actually get.

That is just the way it is.

But, we can take all the normal cold "baby the patient" measures. We can rest and take our vitamin C and zinc. We can take that sick day or two off work.

What we can't do is tough it out and think that will work.

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.