Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
zThursday *****6/27/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is cloudy today and 73*....I woke up chilled this morning....had to reach for a blanket....had the fan going and just had a brief chill to deal with. They are calling for showers off and on for a couple of days....it is really cloudy now. But they are also saying temps will get to around 90*.

Yesterday I had to go out of town and when this happens I get stressed out....as I do not like traveling on the interstate....so many people on the road not paying attention to what they are doing....some on the phone or doing other things to distract themselves...I have problems just trying to watch where I am going and trying to figure out what other people are doing as well. Anyway....I got my errand done and I was so glad when this was over with. That was my day, for the most part.

Last night my younger son dropped by to talk to me. He and his wife are expecting our 4th grand child. Well, she had an ultrasound and something has showed up about the baby's kidneys. They are going to do other tests and keep watch on this. I am asking for those of you who care to keep this baby and my family in your thoughts and prayers. I could see he is really worried about this and my daughter in law is upset about all of this....which is not good for the baby either. I told him that we have been through a lot and there are things which I do not understand but that we should trust GOD with whatever we have to face. There actually is no other way than to do this. I truly believe that GOD does not make mistakes and whatever HE provides us with, we have to accept and do the best that we can with what we have.

The medical technology is so advanced these days and they check for anything and everything as babies are being developed. It is quite interesting just what and how this is done.

So much going on everywhere. Perhaps it is because we all now have the internet and other means to keep up with things which are reported. I know that I think some days that I have a lot to deal with and then I hear what others are facing....well then, my problems seem to be very small and not quite as bad as I thought they were....sometimes just a needle in a haystack.

OK...off my soapbox this morning.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the *right combination of tools* that will work....so hang in here with us and learn from what others have found that has helped them cope better. You should also be aware though that what works for one person may or may not work for someone else. We, FMers, must keep on keeping on.

As for me...I am doing ok with my vitamins and supplements still. I am still quite amazed that I have found what works for my lower back pain....I know that the P5P is working since there are times when it starts and I take it and within a short time, the pain eases off. This has been a good thing for me.

Vitamin D....so important for a lot of people these days. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I hope everyone had a good night's rest and that today will be a good day for us all. Remember to pace, pace and pace again.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi and Fmilly to follow..

Mimi I just jotted your future grandbaby in my prayer notebook right next to Nancy B's future grandbaby. God knows best--but also-- sometimes the drs are wrong.

My daughter's first pregnancy they gave her a RX of a narcotic and told her they thought she was miscarrying--she didn't take the pills thankfully, cuz she was not miscarrying. And my peanut Evie Lou is healthy, strong and beautiful.

Doctors aren't always right, but even if they are--God can heal or He will just be with you every step of the way to do whatever is needed for the baby and for the family. As you know.

Well Hubby had his interview and really really liked the company. So, dunno if they will offer him a job-- we shall see. I am praying.

It would be nice to have him near home. So we don't have to keep 2 places to live- very spendy. Though he probably would need to take less money, we can tighten our belts, it will be good practice for retirement years as no way we'll have a lot at that point. At least I don't think so.

Been having lovely days--but big storms around dinner time. We also have a 2nd invasion of mayflies here but I think they may have been mostly killed by the storm last night.
They're so fragile looking. almost pretty--although my windows are covered now in spider webs containing dead ones and that is not so pretty--nor is it something I can reach to clean. But Hubby will be home tomorrow probably and here for a week--so he'll do it.

God Bless All! and have a good day! hopefully without too much pain.
Mary

dollbug replied to missist's response:
Hello Mary and thanks.....I know that I can count on my FMily for prayers and thoughts.....and I happen to know that GOD can and does answer them.....perhaps not in the way we had hoped but with time.....prayers are indeed answered. Being through a medical cancer ordeal with my DH....I know all about faith and prayers and just how much they can help. \

You are so right....doctors do NOT always know and have all of the answers....with the medical technology these days....they check for everything. I told my younger son last night that we, as a family, have been *blessed or cursed* with many things....(especially lately) and that I know GOD does not give us any more than what we can deal with. There are many things which I have NOT understood nor will probably ever know the answers to....as some of them are so complex and complicated....that I do not even try any more to understand....we just figure out a way to deal with what we have and then move on. This is all that we can do.

I hope that things work out for your DH and that he will soon find a job close to home so that he will be able to be there with you. I do not even know how you can stand being by yourself.

Thanks again for adding my future grandbaby to your prayer book.

Take care and have a nice day.

MiMi

dollbug responded:
Oops.....sorry about the z***don't know how this happened. I guess I was in a hurry and just did not see it.

I guess it could have been worse. Right?

MiMi

katmandulou responded:
Happy Thursday!

Cool and humid here in southeastern Mass. The past few days have had rain, and it's been SOO muggy! The Weather Channel says rain and t0storms over the next few days. So the grass will grow, but it will be too wet to mow!

We had an election here Tuesday, and I worked the polls. They didn't bother to turn on the AC in the high school gym, and it was awful - hot and humid. Most of the workers are seniors, and I was afraid one would be overcome by the conditions, but everyone stayed strong. I think if we had to be up and around it would have been a different story. I have to admit I wanted to go out for some fresh air, but it was awful outside too.

Work continues to take me away from my friends here, but I'm not complaining too much.The project is smaller than they thought, so I go a day or two every week. Income is good, free time is good. I feel balanced for the first time in awhile.

I'm meeting a friend for lunch, another perk of this project. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

fibroinsd responded:
Mimi...you and your family will be in my prayers..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Bette_K responded:
Oh, MiMi, you are so right about doctors not knowing everything. During the tail end of my first pregnancy, when the clinic visits were every week, the ob/gyn told me the baby would be coming any day, to make an appointment for next week, but that the baby would probably be here before that. Of course, he wasn't. On that next visit, the same doctor said he thought it would be a few weeks. I didn't make it the 4 miles home from that visit before labor began.

But, of course, you, DH, son, D-in-Law, and most importantly baby are already in my prayers. Our church group has a prayer chain, and your family has been anonymously on it ever since I first read your posts. We pray for "M" and her family.

I took your advice and am trying the P5P. It's too soon to notice any change, but it was certainly worth trying.

With all my prayers,

Bette

rudyandirmouse responded:
MiMi, you and your family have been in my prayers for many months now.. have added your soon to be little one as well.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
363 of 390 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.