Skip to content
TGIF****ROLL CALL****6/26/2013 *****summertime and hot
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is going to be another hot, hot day with thunderstorms around and 91*. Too hot for comfort.
I woke up to darn early this morning....apparently for no reason or so it seems. I was able to drift back to sleep but it took a while and then I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing....not a good thing for me so early in the morning. Who calls so early anyway? Well, it was my older son. He had a question and a couple of comments. So this started my morning again. I only hope that I can do what I need to do today. I have several errands to run....but at least I do not have to drive a long way.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope that today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

New members, we have TGIF Roll Call every Friday....just a good time for those who can not post to stop in and play catch up on whatever you care to share with others. I have noticed that our support group is missing some posters lately and I do hope that this is a sign that things are going well with you and that no one is sick or having a rough time. Know that we are always here to support you in whatever way we can. It is good to have a place
to vent or just to share things with...anytime of the day.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them along their journey in life....facing the wrath of the dragon each and every day.

Vitamin D....so important for a lot of people these days.
Speak to your doctor on your next visit and ask the doctor to check your level....you just might be quite surprised at the results.

Dr Oz had a good show yesterday in my area. I took notes just so I could remember what was being discussed. Lemon Balm Extract-good for stress....put up to 60 drops or a dropper of it into a glass of water....as soon as you feel stressed and you can use it several times a day, if needed. I did not know this.

Bloating. If you have a problem with this then pineapple joice is good for this....and he suggested putting it in mini ice trays.

Wrinkles. I guess we all will have these sooner or later. It was discussed that Siloxane and peptids in creams are good for this.

Dr Oz also talked about the 4 essential vitamins that people need. a half multi vitamin in the morning at breakfast and the other half at your dinner meal at night. (to keep things balanced) Omega 3,
calcium and magnesium. I was truly disappointed that Vitamin D was NOT on his list. (WHAT WAS HE THINKING?)

He also indicted that for breakfast fortified cereals, such as wheat bran flakes are good.....as for snacks macadamia nuts and bananas are really good. (they can help mood changes) \

That sums up my notes and I then got a telephone call and I missed the last part of his show.

So I thought I would share what I learned. I think I will try the lemon balm extract and the pineapple juice for sure.

I want to also find something that will perhaps help my dark spots on my hands....(I hate them and have tried lots of lotions and creams, found nothing though that has really made a difference)
Perhaps someone has good suggestions for this. Share them please, if you do.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace some more and stay cool, if possible.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Evening from SC, Hi Mimi & all.

Spent some of today just resting up, and got groceries and now i'm feet up for a while.

Hubby is on his way home for a week's vacation & we'll be babysitting our local grandkids for the night.

Hot here, as well.
Hope y'all have a good weekend!
mary

fibroinsd responded:
Mimi...

I wonder if he figured you would get your vit D in your multi..I noticed that mine now has 1000 mg of vit d in the multi..I think they have really uped the amount of d in stuff lately. I was buying mushrooms at Costco the other day, and I noticed that there was a sign on the package stating "a good source of vit. d"..I did not know that mushroom had a lot of d..don't know how much...well, I have been eating a lot of eggs lately...having one egg and two egg whites for breakfast..with mushroom, tomato, spinach, and red onion....makes for a tasty omelet !..and thinking don't eggs have d? hopefully this is healthy..Oh , I know people will say too many eggs...but it surely tastes good !

things have been beyond stressful here..so I may need that Lemon Balm..not sure where to get that...My sister was in town and looked at an assisted living place for my parents, and they are doing everything they can to make sure mom and dad go...I told them to calm down...there wasn't a rush..but naturally the guy at the place gave them a "deal" if it is done before the first of the month..so now everything has to be done NOW...so I have put a call into the place and I am trying to figure out how much we have to put down..and my sisters are mad at me for telling them to back off...typical family stuff...but I am exhausted over it all..couldn't get to sleep last night and had to be up early this morning..

hope you are having a better day than me

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. We have had rain off and on today as well as more for. It is 70, so not the cold dampness that usually gets me. It has been hot here for a few days prior so cooler is welcome.

Work has been stressful this week. The #2 manager has gotten fed up with my bosses, ( the maintenance managers ) and flipped his lid. No compromises or excuses, he wants what he wants. I understand the end result he demands, BUT, he demands only, and does not want to listen or work things out with anyone. He is a difficult man. The same end results could be achieved without all this bullying. The results would be faster and better.

As a result of these demands, we now have two hard days a week called "down days". One where the mill is down for repairs on Wednesday, the other, for my department, was today. The means a double butt kicker for me. It was a hard day today.

I try to remember I have a three day week next week and then a vacation. I control what I can, what I can't I have to accept. Sometimes it's not easy, but I do or it will drive me nuts:)

My wrist is doing better. I still only where a brace at home and it's helping. I think the Penetrex helps too. My back is also it's ongoing wreck. It is in that stage where you think it's going to go out but it never seems to. At least I am holding up and in one piece. I am greatful for that. I need to try P5P.

Mimi, thoughts for you and your family as always.

Cece, I hope your stress goes down. My worst physical times are under severe stress. I hope you get it all worked out with your sibs. It's not fun stuff to deal with but someone has to do it.

To everyone else, I hope you had a good day and have a good night. Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory...I feel for you....I don't know how you are hanging in there..hopefully you can let them all fight it out and you can hang back and not get too into it..not easy...I know..

It is interesting to me...You put this new picture of you on here..and I am amazed at how much you look like a kid I took in a few years ago..Adam....He has so many health issues..but hasn't always made the best decisions about how to handle it..I am glad you are hanging in there and doing the best you can for your family...My heart and prayers go out to you..

thanks for the support in my situation..it is a royal pain dealing with my sisters right now.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory I too hear you.....

I wear your managers shoes. My disappointments with staff come on a daily basis and I am lost in the "motivation" arena.
In the hospital it was much easier to move the nurses, now with different levels of employee and attitude it is really tricky to approach at the right tone and have a positive effect.

I am amazed daily that people have the ability and know how, they just don't rise up and do it.

My favorite saying it like NIKE "JUST DO IT!" I always get it done. What makes a personality that is a trouble shooter and fixer vs a sitter and non motivated, I don't understand.

I feel for all of you, there is nothing worse then a bully for a boss. I have not had one, but I am a mover and shaker type of gal. I keep telling all the staff with this new manager that if you are doing the work, why would you even be approached by her..

I hope it works out for you. Working is a needed distraction for me from this mess we are in and I wouldn't want to go to a place I hate to go to. Try and work it out with him. Maybe a private conversation of getting more with honey then lemons.
That approach will yeild ra better esponse from people. Everyone has feelings and it is important to get a team going.

Sad...hope it gets better.
Hugs, Nancy B
P.S.: Glad you are feeling better and winter finally left you there. Brrrr. .

mnjeepguy replied to booch007's response:
Thanks, as a leadman I saw both sides. I was in charge of 9 people daily. They knew exactly what I expected. I was honest, civil, and picky. If something wasn't done we talked about it. 99% of the time it solved the issue. If they challenged me I never got angry or backed down. Anger shows weekness My biggest challenge was respect, being younger than most of them. One was my stepdad. I treated them all the same, as I want to be treated. I also never expected anyone to do something I would not do. That's a big one. It seems so simple.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
375 of 402 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.