Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

missist responded:
I wish there were a way to share those questions with people--but unfortunatelyl--I don't think the sort of folks who actually SAY those things--would really 'get it'.

For me-- the pain is not the #1 issue anymore. It was when I was younger, but now I have a better handle on it, and it is not as bad at all as it used to be.. Now I'm more concerned about fatigue, and weakness and various weird feelings.

Life goes on.

Bette_K replied to missist's response:
Mary,

I'm not sure whether the pain is any less intense or whether we just get overwhelmed with the fibrofog (is it early onset dementia?) or the fatigue (when is the last good night's sleep?) and the irritable bowel (where's the bathroom?) and the consequent feeling as if EVERYTHING were out of control.

Yes, the pain is always there. But you're right, it doesn't SEEM as important. Theses hot, muggy days seem to be designed to make the fatigue and fog more and more all encompassing.

Bette

missist replied to Bette_K's response:
Good points Bette.
I'm up at the moment because every night after I lie down I get heartburn, or I start coughing, or just can't fall asleep. I don't remember the last time I slept all night--I think I was sleeping a little better before I got the cold I got a few weeks ago-- still getting random coughing which reveals that my bladder is about as weak as the rest of me.

Entirely frustrating.

And holy cow is it even possible to have more rain?

So just ate my anti-heartburn apple, hoping to get back in bed and actually fall asleep. But since hubby came home I've ended up on the couch by the end of the night--just dont' see why he should have to be wakened by my insomnias.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.