Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday *****6/30/2013*****Another month almost gone*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where this is the end of June....can you believe that another month is over and now we move on to yet another month tomorrow.....a hot summer month as well....In the wintertime I know that I sure looked forward to warmer weather....but OMG....did not realize though we will kind of skip over springtime and fall and move on to colder and hotter ( with so much dampness too) months. Not a good thing for the mind or the body as well. I also realize though that things could have been much hotter and/or colder as well. (glad I do not live in Cory's corner of the world)

As I told Nana B....I am in a love/hate relationship with life right now. I certainly did not PLAN my life to be this way and it is not something I would wish on anyone at all. FM plus all of the extra stress that I have endured has not been a fun time at all and it just continues, or so it seems. With each issue that has popped up....I think OMG nothing could be any worse....well....I think I need to stop thinking this and just accept for what is thrown my way.

I have learned along the way that you give someone an inch....well, some are willing to take a mile. Big difference to cope with let me tell you. And then there are some who are never satisfied with anything at all. It is so sad in the way some things are viewed and times have certainly changed over the many years so much in more ways than one.

Enough on my soapbox this morning.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find the right combination of tools that will work for you. Just hang in here with us....as questions, make comments/suggestions, and know that there is indeed a lot of good support here. The good thing is the info is free and someone is here most of the time....and you will not be judged for anything that you care to share.

We understand your pain and know how you feel....as most of us have been there done that.

I do hope everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us as well.

It is expected to be more showers off and on here....hot and muggy. I hope the weather is better in your corner of the world.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi & All..

It is about dinner time here in SC. Hubby is on vacation and is going to be home all week working on things and relaxing. Today-- I am exhausted. I went to 3 stores earlier, bought some cushions for chairs on our screen porch and some colored etching stuff for the cement floor in there & then picked up a lot of deli meat & cheese and buns so there could be easy lunches all week. After that I was sitting out on the new dock with hubby and my energy left me. I came in the house and napped and have just woken up--and I know I am done for the day. I meant to do some more garden work but it is very hot/humid and there is absolutely NO energy in me.

Mimi-- you know I put you on my prayer list as soon as I came here-- praying for you to be happy and kick depression and have less stress. You sound sad often. I understand it totally as I feel that way a lot too.

I am thinking that most people are not living the life they planned, one way or another there are interruptions in all of our lives. This one is hard because it effects everything we do, for the rest of our lives. And I think it also 'fools us' as in sometimes we feel OK and forget that we'll get knocked on our butts as soon as we act on that feeling.

It is depressing.

That said I think there are seasons when I know i have felt more depressed than usual for many months. I think it is when I begin to feel accepting of things that I start to come out of that a bit.

Sounds like you are maybe at that point?

Hoping the best for you. and all of us.
Mary

maggiethedoglover responded:
Hi MiMi,

I shouldn't brag about the weather, but it has been absolutely beautiful in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We have been in the 70's with some rain, mostly at night and just enough to spare me from watering the tomatoes, etc.

I have been in a bad funk lately and am wondering if my depression medication is working. I don't see how you face all of this pain without medication. Maybe it is time for you to consider taking meds.

At the same time, I look up to you for the strength you have shown and the kindness that you display to everyone.

Please know that you are in my heart and my prayers. I am sending soft hugs your way.

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

dollbug replied to maggiethedoglover's response:
Hello Maggie....I am happy that there are places which are having nicer weather. It has been quite hot and muggy here with more to come.

Actually, I have learned how to *control my pain*....but the chronic fatigue and stress that I am under is not a fun thing. Lots of family issues which I have no control over and can not do one thing about.

I am also very worried about my future grandbaby who is due around Thanksgiving. The baby is having some sort of kidney issues right now. I just hope and pray that this baby will overcome these issues soon and be ok. Modern day medical technology provides so much more info on babies these days....which is a good thing.

Thanks so much for the prayers and thoughts that you have sent my way. This means a lot to me.

I hope you will continue to have good weather.

Take care and I hope you will also feel better soon.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It's a nice cool evening here and is supposed to get down to 41 tonight. The 70's are supposed to stick with us the rest of the week, as well as dry air.

I am on day three of pain, but I look forward to my time off after Wednesday so I can rest. My long day is tomorrow and another tough one the next. Day by day.

Our visit is going very well. With the nice weather it should be a great week ahead. I will pop in as I can. Mimi, you are so important to us here, I hope things relax for you asap.

Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.